“Not worth it at all...”

Ranked #152 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Not worth it at all...”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Me and my husband stayed here last month the day before we left to go on our cruise thinking we were getting a good place at a good price. What a JOKE!! The pictures dont do it justice..the picture fabricate this beautiful place when it was in reality a dump. Luckily for us it is located in a really good area so we didnt spend to much time in the room just enough to catch a few hours of sleep after partying all night. Right across the street from the Dash store, a few blocks from the Love and Hate tattoo shop and on the same street as the famous Madonna club. According to our reservation we were supposed to have just a queen bed..when we arrived there was also a daybed in the room and the comforter i am assuming was to be white but was actually brown. Our door was located in the stair well on your way out to the solarium. The so called kitchenette is a cabinet in the corner with a microwave, an electric burner, and some dishes. Oh and as for the resturaunt on site...um ya we asked the girl at the front desk and she had no idea what i was talking about. There is alot of noise due to the location of the hotel but i think i drank too much to really notice. I was so disapponted i highly considered looking for another room but considering we were there to party before going on our cruise. It was a place to sleep. BEWARE!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We recently returned from a Florida trip and stayed three nights here, three nights in Tampa and two nights in another hotel in Miami. I don't know how this hotel gets as many good ratings as it does. This is a terrible hotel with the one ABOVE AVERAGE aspect of very good front desk people. The room itself was not good. Like I said we were there three nights. The room was not cleaned after the first night and it was then that we found a door knob hanger that said to have the room cleaned you had to put the hanger on the outside of the door. So we did that and still the room wasn't cleaned the next day. So we were there three days, two nights, and the room was never cleaned. There was hair all over the place---bathroom and sheets, and that was BEFORE we slept in the bed. There was mildly warm water in the shower but I have to be generous to say it was even warm--almost cool. There was no water pressure--I mean the shower water almost just drained out. The bed was awful, soft, lumpy, like sleeping on lumpy dough. Yes, it WAS a pretty inexpensive place to stay in relation to the area, but it was not worth the savings. Oh yes, the windows are thin and we heard partying on the streets and arguements on the sidewalks all night.....and I was awake til about 2-3 a.m. EVERY SINGLE NIGHT--and not by choice. Not a good experience.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Funinthesand

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I went to South Beach last week to find a reasonable hotel with a very friendly staff, and close to everything. I am not one to usually write a review, but the experience I had was remarkable. The room was nicely decorated. I was able to walk to everything. The front desk made sure they attended to any needs that I had, no matter how busy they were. Once I returned home from my vacation, I decided to tell friends of my experience. It is not too often, you find a friendly staff, great location, and a price that is affordable. I will be returning to the Royal on my next trip to South Beach.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Khan S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Stayed here for my birthday with my boyfriend. It was a quirky room with microwave facilities which was handy for snacks. Location was great for South Beach where there are fantastic restaurants and a beautiful beach.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I'm a recent collage graduate so I love to save money wherever I can for things like extra shopping money and for those famous Miami mojitos! This was my first trip to Miami and was a little nervous reading some of the reviews here but took a chance and so glad I did. All these negative reviews are really people nitpicking to find something wrong. If you are expecting the Ritz Carlton you should be willing to pay the $500 a night...but if you go in with an open mind you will be pleasantly surprised. I've been to Europe, Asia and all over the world so some of the reviewers on here have obviously never seen "disgusting" hotels.
The location is THE BEST...I could walk to the beach in less than 5 minutes and would walk every night to Espinola way or Lincoln Ave or Ocean Ave. My room was clean and I felt totally safe with my girlfriends coming in at night.
The front desk people were lovely to me- giving me advice where to go, shop and even buy groceries. There was a little fridge in my room to store enough for me to eat for breakfast. I stayed somewhere on the 3rd floor near a corner suite- not facing Washington- so did not experience any nightclub noise that others are complaining about..so maybe when booking asking for one of those rooms will help? We had a nice LCD tv and shower worked perfectly.
There was the sweetest cleaning lady who would always give me extra towels and extra squishy pillows since I need a "hugger".
For nice quiet evening we would grab some food at the Cuban grocer on the corner and eat it on the communal patio and it was lovely. We even met some friends up there who we ended up spending the entire trip with.
All in all I had a great stay there....I will be going back next winter to avoid all the Canadian winter! And since it is much more inexpensive than any other hotel I could find...I had much more money for other things like tours and buying art and entertainment. I even loved it so much that I extended my trip because with the price I could afford it! If you are going to Miami to stay inside your hotel room all day then you shouldn't be going to Miami. Get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather! I would sleep and shower here and was perfectly comfortable - and then would go enjoy my day outside! Keep your money- stay here and have a lovely trip!

Room Tip: anything third floor not facing washington
Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ella H
Reviewed February 25, 2012

We have been coming to South Beach for years but not lucky enough to find the Royal South Beach right away. We have been blessed to find the Royal a few years back, with the all most pleasant and professional staff. Mel, Lily, and Jr always go above and beyond when we are here. The rooms are always clean and spacious. The price is amazing. We have paid nearly double to find smaller rooms with broken shower heads, broken dressers etc. at other nearby hotels. The location is wonderful. I walk out of the building to find everything within reach. The staff always have ideas or some sort of direction to point me as to where I can eat or drink. The Royal South Beach is my home away from home, and I look forward to coming back real soon.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Promo126
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 24, 2012

My friend booked a hotel room for 2 originally on President's day weekend. Then 2 of us went with them on a whim, so she made sure she got confirmation that says "2 Queen size bed" in email writing. Of course, when we got there, the room only has 1 single bed, and 1 double bed, and it's the last room available. The place definitely looked and smelled like a cheap motel. For $278 a night , even on President's day weekend, does not seem like a good deal at all.

By luck, there was 1 room left in the Anglers Boutique Resort a block away. We had a wonderful stay there.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends