“Wow”

Geneva Hotel & Suites
Reviewed June 5, 2011

To have a central location this hotel needs major upgrades..along with more hotel detail & information.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Moeblazer

Reviewed March 25, 2011

I have been to Miami every year for the last 7 years and stayed in all sorts of hotels and hostels. I woudl strongly advise no-one to stay here. I was robbed and had my room broken into as there are no locks on the doors. The in-house drug dealer knocked every night to see if I would change my mind on buying drugs from him. He lives there. I checked in for a week but I just left after 3 days. There are guys dressing as girls staying there. When they use the bathroom they leave (toilet stuff) although the toilet and bathroom and when you complain to the Manager on reception, she simply says "what do you want me to do about it" she is rude and has no idea about looking after people staying there. Its not even called the Geneva Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank Bobs046
Reviewed March 5, 2011

Check-in lady ate chineese food while checking us in. A few homeless men got in to wait out the rain... It goes on and on. Unfortunately we got in too late to switch, but please save yourself the trouble and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2011
3  Thank Notna2000
Reviewed February 18, 2011

While we were on our way to the hotel, the staff kept on calling us to inform us of the time and when our reservations were set for, although we were perfectly capable of figuring out what the time was on our own. When we reached the hotel, we had to park in a separate parking lot not attached to hotel Geneva in any sort. As we entered the hotel, sheets of paper were taped to the wall and we were asked to go next door to the Parisian. The hotel next door was extremely dirty, the couches were ripped, scratched and torn while there was trash/litter stuffed behind podiums which were clearly visible to the naked eye. We had to wait about half an hour for us to receive our room-key and when we did, we were assigned to go to our room. The halls were extremely small in width and height and the room-keys took at least 5 tries for us to receive an entrance. Inside the hotel room, there was dust inside the closets, the bathroom mirrors were broken and painted upon, the bathtubs were the size of babies and the water wouldn't get out the drainage, the mattresses were stained all over, the blankets were itchy and thin, the TV only possessed about 3 channels, and the scenery? There was barbed wire, thrown-out lockers, and white sheets hung outside. Also, homeless men were sleeping around the perimeter of the extremely small hotel. next morning, we went to the Parisian for the "complimentary breakfast," the worker was hosing the tile for the entrance and anyone could've slipped. The breakfast for the entire hotel's clients consisted of a gallon of juice, coffee, and burnt, expired pastries enough for only a party of a few. After the whole torture we went through, the next morning, when we were planning on leaving, one of the workers started knocking on our door consistently, so as a mannered person, I opened the door but as it was being opened, the lock and part of the wood of the wall fell of the wall and onto my foot. The lady who had come, picked it up and said she was taking it to be farther examined. Several minutes later, the same woman notifies us about someone wanting to talk to us and we see we've been fined $150 for some damage that was already done. The workers called the police and we did the same. As the police arrived, they told us that this was the 3rd call they had received in the past few hours, concerning the same hotel. The police said to speak to the manager but the manager was away. The police said that this was the worst hotel ever and that this hotel was a cheap lie.

If you're going to go, you might as well just get a more expensive hotel because it's going to end up costing you just about the same amount.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
8  Thank ihategeneva
Reviewed February 11, 2011

We actually never got to stay in the hotel--- we had some terrible airline mixup at the last minute and thus could never make it to Miami from DC. This happened 24 hours before our expected stay so I called ASAP to cancel. I was informed that the hotel would NOT refund my USD45 I was expected to stay upon arrival; in other words, I would be charged for the whole night stay. I explained that this incident happened not of my own fault but was told, "sorry, it's policy" and that I could be offered a credit.

But policy can be subject to change at an owner's discretion and the hotel's refusal to offer a refund is abominable. I do not want a credit as I will unlikely return to MIami anytime soon.

Warning to everyone. I should have listened to the older reviews and stayed away.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank genibre69
Reviewed August 13, 2010

We stayed there for one night. and when we were checking out, the receptionist Lorrie looked at me, evaluating... then told me that the deposit of $25 will not be refunded, because of some sort of upgrade - which was never mentioned upon arrival. Obviously she fought she will get a way with it. I asked for receipt, which she didn't want to give me, but kind of have to because i was not going to give up. Well on that receipt said that she already refunded the $25 deposit ! She just pocketed our money!!! I still have that receipt.
Unfortunately we needed to be in Ft.Lauderdale for noon, and we couldn't pursue this issue further from there at that time. But its not over yet. Thats probably what they counting on - tourists, and all... Please stay away from that place! They also told us on the phone that parking for gussets provided, but when we booked hotel through hotels.com and came to check in - there was a $20 charge for parking! And their breakfast - its a few very hard muffins and coffee with no sugar. .. Again stay away from that place. there other hotels in nearby for similar price. They also called Persian and Geneva Hotel or smth like that.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 2010alfaomega1
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I'm glad i didn't book the hostel. The one bedroom with one double bed wasn't even that descent, can't imagine what the hostel looks like. Thing that really pissed me off was that there was no internet connection in the rooms, you have to bring your laptop to the lobby in the next building to get some service. This was such a turn off because it contradicts what i read on their website and expedia before i booked the hotel, said all rooms have complimentary internet. A way of luring people....but this is absolutely false. Place is neat to an extent, bed looks like its about to fall apart and mattress was hard. Lighting in room is very poor and the TV doesnt have a variety of channels for you to choose from.I would typically say it looks like a really local hotel in one of these third world countries. absolutely not a great place for couples looking to have a good time. more like a motel than a hotel. The staff sucks too, and are not even willing to help you, had to carry my bag to my room, the woman or man there never asked if i needed help. In general, the hotel is a one star or less.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo