“Good affordable wine selection”
Review of Wine Depot 555 - CLOSED

Wine Depot 555
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2012

The wine selection is affordable. The lowest a saw was $12. We bought a Malbec for $12 plus $7.50 cork charge, good wine. We didn't have dinner just appetizer. The appetizer was disappointing... They have wine tasting on Tuesdays. I heard is a nice event. I recommend wines to go! Thought the atmosphere is very nice, you may want to stay and enjoy your wine in the restaurant... But don't forget the $7.50!!!!

Reviewed January 28, 2012

There wasn't one thing I would change about our visit. Stefan was so charming and accommodating. Yes, it was pricy...but you should have known that going in. It's great fun to select your wines from the dozens they have displayed "wine cellar" style. We started with the meat and cheese plate and it was the best thing of the evening. Make sure to try the onion jam...good on the breads but even better with the soft cheeses. We also had escargot, smoked salmon and several more. All we delicious. Following my complements to Stefan about the onion jam, he brought me a small jar of onion jam to take home! What a wonderful treat. We will go again.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

Sit outside with beautiful people! Very good bread, choice of fine tapas and wines.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I live very close to this little cafe and have a love/hate relationship with it. On the one hand, it is a charming little French cafe with excellent food. On the other, if you so much as ask for one substitution, they will comply while simultaneously tripling your bill. The first time we were with a large group of people and were offered a "desert platter". We received the leftovers from the party the night before to the tune of $50 (we could tell because of the freezer burn). But because they are do close and other menu items are so good, we tried again. We brought a friend and I asked for fish instead of chicken on a salad. This tripled the cost. Neither time did I complain, because what can I say after it's been charged. The food there is generally so good (ORDER OFF THE MENU or you will get someone else's leftovers) that we still recommend it with that caveat. Ask about prices. It may be crass, but it will save you from the financial beating we took.

Reviewed July 22, 2011

Great wine prices - but a corkerage fee per bottle (which IMHO) of $7.50 (so two luscious pomerol's at $30 each spiked to a $75 total) that I don't think is advertised in a pronounced enough fashion to be aware of it - an aloof Euro-French Moroccan staff that caters more to expats than locals and yummy but less than filling entrees leaves me saving money for a return to France for the real thing than trying for this pretend wannabe - but they're new so they could be having their growing pains and I won't rule out a return (on one highlight note, our waiter personally took our change to the car meter so we wouldn't be inconvenienced - I thought this was a lovely touch).