“wonder bike shop: rentals & sales”

Miami Beach Bicycle Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Bicycle Shop with Sales, Rentals, Repairs, Cycling Clothing,and Accessories.
Miami Beach, FL
“wonder bike shop: rentals & sales”
Reviewed July 6, 2008

I finally decided (after 15+ years!) to buy a bike. I haven't owned one since I was a teenager.

So, I was looking for a place that could handle novices in addition to seasoned cyclists.

And, since I'm a commitment-phobe, I wanted to be able to rent the bike and try it out on real road conditions before buying one.

Miami Beach Bicycle Center was the perfect answer!

After consulting with their jolly and knowledgeable staff member Gus, my fiance and I chose two different bikes to rent (a Trek and a Raleigh -- comfort style). They have a fabulous selection of bikes and knew just how to advise me on the pros and cons of each.

We then met the owner, Jack Ruiz, who was at the front of the shop. After signing a rental agreement, he hooked us up with two bikes, adjusted to our height.

The rate for the rental was $8/hr, $24/day, or $80 per week. Very reasonable, IMO. He even said that we didn't need to decide whether we were going to do 3+ hours in advance -- just to come back when we were finished with our ride and he would charge us the lesser of the two.

After a beautiful ride on the pathway along the beach looking out to the Atlantic Ocean, I decided that I was ready to commit to the Raleigh bike.

Once we returned to the shop, Jack and his son Danny were great about the sales process. He looked up the price of the bike (~$339), showed me the catalog, and recommended a bike lock for me. I also asked for a kick-stand, which he added (including installation) for just $14 extra.

Bottom line: if you're looking to rent or buy a bike, this is a solid winner. I'm a picky consumer, and the Miami Beach Bicycle Center lived up to even my high standards.

They also service bikes, which is reassuring if my new bike ever needs maintenance or repair work.

Great for locals or visitors to Miami Beach.

Miami Beach
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Bike Shop in Miami Beach”
Reviewed January 27, 2007

Excellent service. I have never recieved so much attention from a store as I did here. They are very helpful and trust worthy. The only people that I allow to touch my 10k dollar race bike. Highly recommended.

2 Thank Bikeilike
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great local bike shop!”
Reviewed April 13, 2006

Owner Jack Ruiz is always available to help, giving honest, reliable and speedy service! This is the only bike shop in Miami Beach that I would go to, and I would recommend it to anyone- locals and visitors! Think Global, Act Local!!