The Palms Hotel & Spa
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$127
$98
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $153/night.

Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$153
Hilton.com
$328
$247
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $296/night.

Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$199
Kimpton
  • Beachfront
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
$340
$329
$279
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $410/night.

Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$248
  • Beachfront
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$249
  • Beachfront
The Confidante Miami Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$189
Hotels.com
2,965 results
All reviewssouth beachaveda productspool areaocean viewbeautiful hotelchairs and umbrellascab rideprivate beachoceanfront roomhotel restaurantdirect access to the beachbeach servicelincoln roadvalet parkingbeach towelsweddingtiki
Reviewed July 24, 2010

Several times a year we go to Miami Beach to getaway, always trying out new hotels. Our experiences have always been good to excellent. The Palms was a huge disappointment and, at $250 a night, a rip-off. Our room wasn't ready at the 4:00 check-in. We waited for an hour and were given a room missing a night table lamp and with broken phones. We were moved to a new room with a broken phone and a burned-out light in the bathroom. After reporting both the phone was repaired; the light never was. Carpet had an open and shredding seam in a prominent walking area. On the second day our room hadn't been serviced by 4:00. And this was just our experience. The friends we traveled with had a piece of luggage lost for 24 hours and dried blood on the bedsheets. Most disappointing was the attitude and response of the staff. Lots of "I'm Sorry"s but little care or effort to rectify problems quickly. The hotel felt to be understaffed and the staff they had were not skilled in customer service.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2010

I have never posted a review but read them often. I just came back from a 4 day, 3 night stay at the Palms Hotel. I attended an intimate wedding of 10 people there as well. The hotel was breathtaking. The wedding was amazing--I highly recommend it to anyone who is considering a destination wedding. The food at the hotel was delicious as well.

I was most impressed with the service. Everyone was super accomodating and very friendly. I brought a 15 month old with me and all of the staff went out of their way to make things easier for me.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank lomby01
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Stay** The Palms Hotel and Spa was a very relaxing stay and one of the most beautiful hotels on the beach. The staff is very diverse (Europeans, Africans, Haitians, South Americans, Hispanics, North Americans, etc.) and very friendly and attentive.
City View Room** Updated, comfortable, and clean. We had to call front desk however, to figure out how to use the shower as regular/ normal as opposed to using the rainhead shower. The breakfast was wonderful and included a nice spread of things to choose from.
Location** This hotel was a long scenic walk or a quick bus ride to lincoln rd, bayside market (fun and energetic!!) and downtown, or south beach (5th and ocean dr to 15th and ocean dr.). This hotel is on the more quiet end where you can get a good night's rest after visiting the loud and busy ocean drive, washington and collins. We mostly took the bus for $2 during the day and a $8-$10 cab ride at night. The beach is absolutely beautiful but the hotel needs to get more umbrellas and chairs. They should not run out so quickly when they charge you a resort fee for them.
Service** Mostly superb throughout the hotel! They took care of us in Room 629 anytime we had a question or concern and someone was up to address it promptly.

Problems** On the first day, we found little hairs on the sheets when pulling back the covers. I showed them and Meesha was very apologetic and sent clean linens right away. She also gave us a $25 voucher. The staff was very nice and we always tipped them when they came up. Also, at dinner one evening, a 5'7, young, latina hostess, with blond and black curly hair was very rude to us by attempting to seat the people behind us while we were talking to her! Management assured us they'd address such rude service. We also had an issue at checkout, where they added charges that weren't ours to the bill!! They took some time to look into and removed it for us without any hassle.

The supervisor, a petite lady of Hispanic descent, at breakfast was very nice and on top of things. Also, a thin, young african american girl was very nice and attentive at breakfast daily! Many other hotel guests liked her as well. The caucasion young lady at the bar with a long ponytail was also one of the nicest and attentive people we encountered at the hotel. The young guy from Russia with blond hair, did a great job at the beach service! The bellmen/ valet were helpful, especially Louis from Columbia. He was one of the nicest, most helpful person we met while in Miami Beach. Upon arriving July 8th my cousin and I were greeted nicely by a soft spoken, short, african american lady at the front desk. Since I paid for a room with breakfast daily, but was unable to take advantage of it 2 days out of the 5 due to arrival and departure I asked for hotel management to compliment us just one free lunch for one day. Unfortunately, she said no and did not even ask them for us. However, most of the staff here are clean, attentive, helpful, professional.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ohio1Ohio
Reviewed July 12, 2010

very nice hotel,direct access to the private beach, pool, well located, nice staff.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Okay so my Fiance and I stayed at The Palms Hotel & Spa for 3 nights over the 4th of July weekend.. I only have 3 complaints.. The 1st is ALL MY FAULT.. I booked a city view room instead of an ocean front... Shame on ME! The 2nd The bathroom is GREAT Loved the spa shower, HOWEVER the bathroom is TINY.. I mean the hallway was soooo long that they could've easily allowed for more space in the bathroom! The shower area is large and easily accomodates 2.. But the square footage of the bathroom itself is a crying shame! My 3rd and final complaint is the Late Night Room Service Menu... There just wasn't much on it.. I wish they would've had more options.. But that is all as far as complaints go!

The hotel which feels more like a resort is BEAUTIFUL.. Our room was excellent, it was spacious, and the bed was sooo comfortable! We stayed in room 605 (BTW). The pool area is beautiful, the TikiBar while small gets the job done, the drinks aren't strong but they are delicious! The pool side service is great, the towels are plentiful, the parrots are great, the private beach is also great... They set up the chairs and umbrellas for you.. Just ask & its NO PROBLEM.. The beach was nice..although it appeared really deep to me.. (I'm no swimmer) but about 4 ft in and the water was up to my chest and the current is pretty strong... But there isn't much the resort can do about that LOL!

In any evet my Fiance and I had a WONDERFUL time and we will most certainly be back! We're thinking about making it a 4th of July tradition!

So, what ever your reservations may be put them to the side & go! 1 word of caution... If you're not a walker ... Make sure you get a rental or be prepared to spend $$ on taxi's because The Palm's is about a good 20 blocks (2 miles) from the SoBe action. I'm from NYC so I enjoyed the scenic walks.. But I know some aren't so enclined.. So just a word of caution! Taxi's were pretty easy to catch to & from the hotel so the choice is yours.. But other than that.. Its a wonderful & beautiful resort!

On and there were tons of amenities that we didn't use but seemed wonderful i.e. The Spa, Bars, Restaurants, and Fitness Center.

Kisses,