“Great Hotel!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Me and my wife absolutely loved this hotel! Spent one day upon arrival to Miami and then two days finishing off our holiday in Miami. Rooms are very spacious and beds extremely comfortable. The lush garden with the small bar and 24/7 open pool was really nice, and the direct beach access makes this hotel good for both being a “shopping-base” as well as a relaxing sunbathe retreat!

Impeccable service across the hotel, everyone eager to help out if we needed anything or had questions or comments.

The huge veranda in connection to the bar was the ideal place to wind down at night. Great beer selection which made me stay an hour longer than anticipated on more than one night… The only downside here is that the bar-staff mostly stayed inside which naturally affected the service somewhat. But nothing that was too bothering in all honesty.

The breakfast deserves to be mentioned! Even though a bit pricy (as for most US hotels) it was absolutely wonderful! Me and my wife consider ourselves as somewhat of breakfast connoisseur’s, and this breakfast is up there on the top three list! Not too overwhelming selection wise, but what they had on display was of very high quality! You really got the feeling that they value quality over quantity. Saying that, it’s not continental in any way. They have bagels, yogurt drinks, waffles, fresh fruits, naturally scrambled eggs (really good!) and bacon as well as an omelette-guy that could make your eggs just the way you want them. The only thing missing was the well-known American pancakes. However, the Belgian waffles by far made up for it!

With both me and my wife being true gym addicts, we had to try the hotel gym of course. Even though the gym-site was fairly small, they had good equipment for all body parts, including leg press and cable cross with loads of grips and of course dumbbells up to fairly heavy. Size-wise, I don’t think the gym could accommodate more than 3/4 people weightlifting at the same time. But something tells me this is not a common problem…

All and all we both loved the hotel, and The Palms will most certainly be able to welcome us back on our next visit to Miami!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Duxbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 10, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Palms and truly enjoyed the resort. The complex is large and has alot to offer their guests. They have an amazing private beach area complete with lounge chairs and umbrellas, and a wait staff to bring you the food or beverage of your choice. The beach is large, very clean and offers unrestricted access to the crystal clear waters of the Atlantic. There is also a large pool area surrounded by an amazing mix of flora and fauna, it is truly an oasis in the busy Miami area. Adjacent to the pool area is another tiki bar offering a large selection of foods and beverages. The staff is very pleasant and attentive. The outside bar had happy hour from 2-5 during which all food and beverages were offered at half price, what an amazing deal.

The inside of the hotel is well appointed and very pleasant. There is a gift shop on the main floor that offers the basic beach essentials, sundries, pastries and assorted beverages. Their is a very pleasant covered patio area with an assortment of chairs, couches and tables that adjacent to the inside bar area. This area is serviced by the bar staff and also patrons a quiet area to relax and take advantage of the free wifi service that is offered throughout the hotel. The onsite restaurant, Essensia, offers a wide variety of fare and is a great choice for a romantic dinner.

The room was the oceanfront king room and was overall average. It was on the smaller side but overall very comfortable. We were on the 7th floor and had an amazing unrestricted view of the beach and ocean from our window. I wish that the rooms offered a balcony to further enhance the ambiance of the resort.

Overall the resort is very nice and the staff is helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Choose a higher level oceanfront room, it is worth the extra cost.
1 Thank Harold P
The Netherlands
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stayed here for three nights for our beach wedding (just the two of us).
It's a beautiful hotel situated perfectly on the beach.
They have a gorgeous garden with palmtrees and a nice swimmingpool. If you walk through the garden area you end up right on the beach which is also breathtaking.
The hotel has allot of beach chairs on the beach and everything is taken care of.
The breakfast was wonderful, very romantic if you eat outside in the morning with the palmtrees and tropical atmosphere.
On the day of our wedding i had some spa appointments. I had a manicure, hair and make-up appointment. That was all wonderful. My nails have never looked as good and my hair and make up was beautiful.
We also had dinner in a tiki cabana at night right after our wedding. The food was the best we have EVER tasted! It did cost allot of money, but it was so worth it. It was an excellent diner and very romantic.

If you have the money i would definitely choose this hotel :)

Room Tip: we had a city-view room, but the ocean-view rooms are obviously the rooms with the prettiest view (w...
1 Thank H Z
New Jersey
Reviewed August 8, 2014

This Hotel/Resort, is an amazing place to relax, went in August and will go back again now in February 2015. Great Pricing for an Amazing Hotel/Resort, amazing Customer Service!. Some Say is away from activities, if you take the bus which is $2 per person its a great location, you will enjoy riding the bus from the hotel to south beach..

Room Tip: I Chose the least Expensive Room and it was Great!. I Felt like I was in a luxury suite..
Green Features: Customer Service is Great, Hotel/Resort the Palms is huge and great pool area, right next to the beach, for stay travelers only access.. Safe Environment..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ChinolaDR
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Hotel staff is ok, i had a problem with my room curtains, it was jammed and would not close, informed Hotel, they came in to fix 2 times and it was not resolved. I did not bother to complain the 3rd time. So my curtain was open when the sun came up and the light came straight in an woke us up, and during the day when we wanted to open it wide for light, we couldn't. Also they have a tap and sink on top of the toilet tank, so when you flush the water starts to come from the tap for washing hands. It felt so unhygienic and the water sprinkled everywhere on the toilet pan and floor. My parents (517) room the bathroom fan did not work and the bathroom sink water came out so forcefully that it sprayed everywhere. Internet for boarding pass is free but if you want to print your tour tickets, they charge $8 for 15 mins, not only that but 0.80 cents for printing each page. I had booked when resort fee was $14 a night, then it was changed to $19. When I checked in, we went over this, that I booked my stay prior to the Hotel changing rate, which was agreed by the check in agent, but guess what during check in $19 a night was charged for both rooms, it was changed later though when I pointed out during checkout.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room with the little sink over the toilet if you are a clean freak like me....
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank apkn
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear apkn,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay. I regret to hear of the inconveniences you experienced while being our guest. Guestroom functionality and cleanliness are top priority along with addressing our guests concerns and continuing to listen to our guests’ feedback as a means to continually improve. Just to clarify, the water that comes out of the sink on the eco-friendly toilets is clean drinking water which afterwards is reused to flush the toilet. However, the water from the faucet should not come out so strong that it sprinkles on the floor. I do apologize and appreciate your feedback. I hope that you will consider us for a future stay as I would love the opportunity to welcome you back for an exceedingly exceptional stay from beginning to end. Please contact me directly at alma@thepalmshotel.com
Warm regards,
Alma Cue
The Palms Hotel & Spa Management
Bronx
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Attended my sister's wedding on July 20. Along with other out of town guests & parents of bride & groom. I had Oceanview room. Breathtaking. I also had view of wedding area so I was able to see the vendors set up for the wedding. The room was clean & when I needed something extra, I called front desk & they took care of it immediately. Like the idea if toilet area separate from shower/sink area. The pool & beach area was very nice. The staff pleasant and always greeting the guests when around. Easy check out. Recommend to stay here.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank mischie41
Novi, Michigan
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We had an exceptional stay at The Palms! We felt like everything was perfect from the moment we checked in, to the moment we checked out. And Daniel S. at the front desk played a big role in that. He was extremely sweet and helpful. Thank you Daniel S! The hotel grounds were beautiful, clean and relaxing. We loved that the pool was open 24hrs and we used it late at night. The beach was clean and the workers were extremely helpful and quick when ordering something or requesting a chair. Food was great. Drinks were great. I didn't use the Aveda spa however but my sister did and absolutely loved it. Our stay at The Palms was everything we were hoping for in a relaxing getaway vacation. I would recommend it and I would consider staying here again. (request a high floor ocean front room. it's a beautiful view!)

Stayed May 2014