The Palms Hotel & Spa
$201
$168
Kimpton
  • Beachfront
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$178
  • Pool
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$187
Official Site
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$299
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$440
$179
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Confidante Miami Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$174
$169
  • Beachfront
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$261
$230
Priceline
$428
Official Site
2,907 results
All reviewssouth beachpool areaocean viewbeautiful hotelchairs and umbrellascab rideoceanfront roomhotel restaurantprivate beachdirect access to the beachbeach servicelincoln roadvalet parkingbeach towelsweddingtikiarmand
Reviewed June 1, 2014

First off, book an ocean view room. There is no alternative in my opinion. I have no idea what the other rooms were like but I am sure they don't compare to the view we had when we woke up each morning.

We stayed as a couple for a week and really enjoyed ourselves. The staff, throughout our entire trip, were so attentive, helpful and nice. I'm sure they see a lot of faces come through their hotel but they seemed to remember us which was a nice touch.

The facilities were awesome in this hotel. Everything from the rooms, the little shop in the lobby, the restaurant, the pool area and of course, the beach. We really liked how the Tiki Bar and Beach was all integrated. You definitely didn't feel disconnected when you were out on the beach. Don't be fooled though, this place isn't cheap. At least according to my standards. $12 for a mixed drink, $70 for breakfast, etc. Also, be aware that an 18% gratuity is automatically added to every single bill so don't be too liberal on your tipping. This seemed to be a common thing throughout Miami and South Beach.

Anyways, from our vantage point, this was THE place to stay in this area. No other hotel seemed to compare to it. I walked up and down the boardwalk and nothing came close to the facilities at this place.

Overall, great place to stay but have that credit card ready.

Room Tip: Ocean View room is a must. Construction on either side makes it affordable right now.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PetSat
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We booked this hotel on the occasion of the Memorial Day weekend: we had a reservation for a room facing the street and when we arrived they offered us a room on the top floor with the ocean view for just 50$ more per day (the price showed on booking.com for the ocean view room was 80$). The staff was very friendly and attentive. The room was quiet and clean, not very spacious though.
There is a very nice pool area with palms and gardens where you can relax also in the evening and late night. The breakfast is not included in the price and the quality is ok, but very expensive (I mean 70$ tip included in 2 was far too much). The hotel offers chairs, towels and beach umbrellas, very quiet space, even if right now there is a very noisy construction place next to the hotel (that's why I think there are so many offers on booking.com and other websites for this hotel).
I tried an elemental package at their Spa and I had a great experience, staff also very kind.
In summary, it's a clean and nice hotel for whom wants to relax in Miami Beach (definitely not the right place for "party animals").

Room Tip: Until the construction site will be on you absolutely need to book a room with the ocean view and on the top floors.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Palms Hotel and Spa is situated on the famous Collins Avenue, far enough from the rather extreme noises of the Art Deco district and Ocean Drive, but then again close enough to enjoy a nice drink when you want and shop in the wonderful Lincoln Road Mall with all its restaurants and little shops. Espanola Way is also a short drive away and the Bass museum just a few blocks.
We went with my husband and two young daughters. My husband was very happy with the business facilities and we loved the pool and the boardwalk by the beach. The sand is really white and although we did not get to enjoy the beach, we absolutely fell in love with the beach view from our room (we had to upgrade to a more expensive room to get it though, it also gives you a bit more space, quite important for the four of us).
The staff by the pool was very nice and helpful and the reception efficient and quick with the various arrangements. I was only disappointed by the bar stuff. We ordered loads of room service and the girls were very happy with their meals and so was I. The ingredients they use are very good and the food was tasty enough for me and kid-friendly enough for them.
As some other reviewers have noted this is quite an expensive hotel and so is the restaurant. Note that breakfast is NOT included in the price! But I have the feeling that Miami beach is an expensive area in general. I really think that the small size of this hotel and the cosmopolitan stuff make it quite the little gem.
Overall, we were very happy to be there and wish we had spent more days there... it would be great if they could bring down the price a little bit ;-)

Room Tip: Try to get the ocean view
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank lex-flia
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I just stayed at this hotel for 5 days. The room was really nice and would be perfect except that there was no porch which is a bit annoying if you are a smoker like me. Other than that, the hotel was excellent. They have in the back a gorgeous garden with amazing plants and trees along with water falls and even 2 exotic parrots that talk. The pool was also really nice and very clean. The hotel has direct access to the beach and provide you with high quality comfortable beach chairs that we put to good use. The rooms were not large or small but very clean and comfortable. The hotel staff were very impressive. Extremely nice and addressed all requests promptly and very courteously. If you want a very clean, nice, affordable hotel in Miami Beach, this is the place you should go to.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Yisroel S
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Amazing place for the all family. The palms trees that surround the pool make this place a little paradise.
There is a direct access to a white sand beach.
The restaurant is good but too expensive for what you end with...
I like this place anyway.

• Stayed: May 2014