“Awesome” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

We had standard room to the back. The furniture and colors are super nice, dark wood with light pastels, good taste lamps etc. The toilet reuses the hand washing water which I thought was cool. Eco behavior is encouraged in a cool non annoying manner. The bed was ridiculously comfy, we slept like princesses. I was super psyched to have a coffey maker and an up to date iPod docsation/radio/alarmclock. I had my little office corner, just like home.
My kid is a big water fan, the pool was great, kids are kings, they would offer free grenadine slushies and little fruit snacks. The parrots were a big hit too. The place is beautiful and relaxing, the food amazing.We'll be back next year.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank natalie s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Midwest City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful experience here at The Palms. It was very elegant and welcoming. We enjoyed every minute of it! I would highly reccommend this resort and spa to anyone wanting to visit the Miami area.

Room Tip: ocean view was gorgeous.
Green Features: It was very enviornmentally friendly! Going green was their philosophy! They save water, and use anything to help the environment. They will do your laundry if needed and turn down the sheets only when it is needed.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I came to Miami for a conference and had two choices - some good hotel downtown or Palms on the beach. I didn't think too long. So, here I am getting a really nice and very clean room with all the things I may need already inside. I didn't have a tooth paste, called the front desk to order one and it was delivered in 2 minutes. Wow! Cleaning personnel was outstanding, very friendly and did their job so well I couldn't complain. I spent every day on the beach and used the bar services that were just excellent. Food was always fresh and kept me staying in the hotel more. Downside of the hotel is it's location- not in downtown, not even close to all those bars and restaurants. It's a long way to anywhere, basically. But, again, I was on a business trip and didn't care how much I pay for a cab.... I wouldn't stay in this hotel otherwise, too far from places I like. If you travel as a couple or with kids, this place is very - very good, I saw those lovely couples and happy families, they didn't need downtown much :) Also, have to give 5 stars to the hotel's breakfast, pricy, but how cool! You sit outside in the beautiful garden and gave an amazing view.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Nat B
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely resort/ hotel. Very nice service & beautiful grounds. The beach & pool area were excellent. We booked with breakfast included. The breakfast buffet was outstanding. The only negative is the area around the hotel. There is construction everywhere. There's a boardwalk along the ocean but there are numerous places where it's closed because of the construction. Once it's all complete it will be a great area.
We walked to So Beach for dinner each night (about 45 min) but were uncomfortable walking back.
Need to also note that the room was narrow & the platform bed legs stuck out. My husband hit his foot and/or knee multiple times trying to get past the beds.
Beautiful bathroom with a rain shower & nice amenities.
Would definitely stay here again if back in Miami beach.

• Stayed May 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

My boyfriend and I (I'm 33, he's 44) went for a long weekend getaway, Friday through Monday. We are both very social and like to have fun, but were also looking to relax. The hotel has a tropical oasis theme and the rooms are modern and very clean. We had a king size bed that was extremely comfortable. There were two separate bathrooms in our room--one with a toilet and sink and the other with a sink and stand up shower. The complimentary bath products were Aveda brand, good stuff. My only complaint (minor) was lack of counter space and space to get dressed/ready in the bathrooms. The staff was extremely attentive and the rooms and hotel were very clean. It felt more like a resort than a typical Miami hotel...but the location is only a 5-10 minute cab ride to the heart of South Beach. The food was great and we had a few lunches poolside. Drinks are always expensive in Miami, but we were pleasantly surprised to pay around $5-$6 for beers. I had mojitos most of the time and they were fresh and delicious. The hotel is right on the beach so you can walk out and the staff will make sure you have a beach chair and towel. There is a flag near the beach chair that you can stand up if you would like something to eat or drink and the staff will come right over to you on the beach. I also got a complimentary neck and shoulder massage in the pool area. There were two adorable and beautiful parrots in a small gazebo as well. Very neat! I would recommend this hotel for all age groups. Couples looking for a romantic getaway, friends looking for a fun weekend and families young and old. There were children in the pool but nothing bothersome. This hotel will provide you with the feeling of a resort with quick access to the action and party area a few minutes away in South Beach. FYI there is a $14/day service fee that you will be billed for at the end. This includes the beach towels and beach chairs. I highly recommend The Palms!

1 Thank BostonVacationGirl
Curzay-sur-Vonne, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

We shared great experience at The Palms Hotel & Spa while we came to Miami for summer vacation. The hotel was opposite the beach, so it was very fresh and wild with sea smell. Our room was spacious, clean with had great sea view. It was so stunning to enjoy the sunrise and sunset moment from room window. So precious and fantastic. The most amazing thing of the hotel was out door swimming pool, I suppose. It was surrounded with tropical garden and coconut trees, so natural. I love it.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank ggodoa
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

The most striking aspect of the resort is the beautiful horticulture. The location is tremendous and only a $32 taxi fare from MIA. The breakfast buffet is popular for a reason, tremendous selection and good quality. The Palms does not offer balconies aside from the top floor suites, but the rooms were everything you would expect from a quality resort; plush linens, updated furnishings and a relaxing atmosphere. We did find it strange that the commode is in a separate bathroom from the shower and larger vanity, but everything was updated and clean. The overall hotel staff were very good, though the service at Essensia frequently reminded you that gratuity was included; in the bar I waited 20 minutes for the waitress to come by for my drink only to have to remind her about getting it in the first place...no apology was given. Aside from the lackluster restaurant staff, our stay at The Palms was excellent.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms on the mezzanine, tend to be quite noisy. We were originally booked in one, but...
1 Thank Brady B