“awesome” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Curzay-sur-Vonne, France
“awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

We shared great experience at The Palms Hotel & Spa while we came to Miami for summer vacation. The hotel was opposite the beach, so it was very fresh and wild with sea smell. Our room was spacious, clean with had great sea view. It was so stunning to enjoy the sunrise and sunset moment from room window. So precious and fantastic. The most amazing thing of the hotel was out door swimming pool, I suppose. It was surrounded with tropical garden and coconut trees, so natural. I love it.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank ggodoa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

The most striking aspect of the resort is the beautiful horticulture. The location is tremendous and only a $32 taxi fare from MIA. The breakfast buffet is popular for a reason, tremendous selection and good quality. The Palms does not offer balconies aside from the top floor suites, but the rooms were everything you would expect from a quality resort; plush linens, updated furnishings and a relaxing atmosphere. We did find it strange that the commode is in a separate bathroom from the shower and larger vanity, but everything was updated and clean. The overall hotel staff were very good, though the service at Essensia frequently reminded you that gratuity was included; in the bar I waited 20 minutes for the waitress to come by for my drink only to have to remind her about getting it in the first place...no apology was given. Aside from the lackluster restaurant staff, our stay at The Palms was excellent.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms on the mezzanine, tend to be quite noisy. We were originally booked in one, but...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brady B
Copenhagen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I stayed at The Palms Hotel & Spa some days ago and my stay was fantastic! The employees was very kind, the the pool area and the beach amazing and my room lovely! I had a standard room on 9th floor and it was really great, I've got two bathrooms with AVEDA products, a huge kingsize bed and a great view over the city.
The hotel have a laid back attitude which is really nice when you are on a relaxing holiday as I was.

I will difinetely come back some day!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank MLundB
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Though I had a very good stay at the hotel in general, I was treated to a $120 surprise for a small package I had shipped to my home overseas by the hotel.

I had a few packages sent to the hotel before my stay, with the intent of taking them with me back home overseas. This worked perfectly, but one of the packages came late. I asked the hotel staff send it to my home address once it arrived. It took three reminders for this package to be shipped, but once the process got going everything went very fast. I received a fedex express international priority tracking number, without having had a chance to pick the shipment method of having been sent a quote.

I trusted the staff to be reasonable in picking the shipping method, but this was clearly a mistake. The package contents was a few grams, and the value a bit over over $20. Imagine my surprise when I got hit by a $120 bill from FedEx!

I complained by email and got no response. I called, and was assured that the responsible manager would call me back. After receiving no call for weeks, I called again and finally got somebody on the line to tell me. The person, unfortunately I did not get her name, was kind enough to go through the incident with me - but the hotel refused to take any responsibility. The lady kept saying that they trust FedEx, who is their vendor of choice for overseas shipments, and they have no responsibility and how much it costs to ship a package.

Certainly I was a fool to trust the staff, but I would've expected the hotel management to be understanding of the situation and offer some sort of compensation. No luck, and certainly no more visits to this otherwise nice place…

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Mike S
Roanoke
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

This was a great place to stay in Miami Beach. The hotel was very nice, with ample rooms. The hotel is located about 13 blocks from South Beach which was okay with us since we did wish to be in that area due to the noise at night. The on site dining is very good, but is a little expensive. You can walk to Lincoln Road where there is a lot of good eating places. There is no on site parking at the hotel, so you are better doing the valet parking. Overall our experience was very good.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here at the end of April. We had a great time. We were upgraded our room to a nice corner room facing the street and lobby area of the hotel. All of the staff members were accommodating and most were attentive. Loved the pool and beach areas. I did find that the wait staff at the pool and beach were above average as they were friendly and remembered your name, but sometimes I had to go and ask for things. I don't expect to be waited on hand and foot, but there were times when we got our lounge chairs and nobody would ask if we needed anything for a half hour. Don't know if it was busy, understaffed a bit maybe. Overall though, it was a very relaxing and pleasant experience. Definitely would be back to this hotel. If you stay here, take advantage of the Aveda spa. We both got the Salt Scrub and a couples massage that was excellent. There's a nice sauna you can use in the waiting area after you check in for the spa and they give you ice cold bottled water in between all the things you do there. Essensia is a very nice restaurant, had dinner there 4 times, and every meal was excellent though a little on the pricier side. The Essensia staff members were perfect. Thanks Palms Hotel & Spa, you made my girlfriend's first visit to Miami a good one.

Green Features: This is a pretty cool idea, but I'm not sure it really impacts much in the way a hotel guest would value the hotel itself. But it's neat that they are doing this.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Been coming to the beach for years so I'm particular. The Palms met all my expectations. Friendly, helpful staff. Beautiful decor with numerous options for spots to relax and enjoy. Attentive amenities from complimentary slippers to ice with turndown service. The fruit flavored water was in endless supply as you relax by the pool or ocean. Gorgeous, well-tended grounds with dazzling orchids and ginger plants. The addition of pet parrots added to the already interesting array of birds spied on the property. There were complimentary print newspapers and ample coffee supplies in room. Just a perfect spot to enjoy why we love Miami Beach and still feel at home.

Green Features: definitely a plus, it even has a garden for herbs and vegetables on the grounds. It shows that it understands our important connection with nature.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple