“Great Place for relaxing vacation”

The Palms Hotel & Spa
Ranked #29 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Love The Palms. This was our second trip here and we loved it. Quiet and out of the craziness of South Beach. Rooms are immaculate, staff is excellent. First day on the beach we met Kevin- once he knew what we wanted for chairs and umbrellas he had them ready for us everyday! Spa is excellent, best massage I have had in a long time! I cannot say enough about this property. Cannot wait to go back!!!

2  Thank jennt958
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Jenn T, What an absolute pleasure it was to have you back as one of our loyal and repeat Palms guests! I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with us and your lovely comments regarding our staff. I have personally thanked Kevin for his outstanding commitment to excellence! Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back for another perfect Palms experience.
Warm regards,
Alma Cue
The Palms Hotel & Spa Management

Write a ReviewReviews (2,761)

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I've stayed at places like the Delano and National for quite a few years. But recently I started staying at the Palms. The rooms are very nice and comfortable. Great bathrooms (although small) with high water pressure coming from the waterfall shower heads. Beds are comfortable. Cleanliness is impeccable. There is turn-down service and Aveda products. Not much to complain about.

There is a pool, but it's not an infinity pool. There's no hottub. There's music, but not the dance club type. It's more relaxed than its southern neighbors. The bar by the pool is great, and there's good service. The food doesn't suck and the drinks are strong. 20% gratuity is included on everything.

Long and short is that this a very relaxing place to stay. if you're looking for excitement and a place to be seen, this is not your spot.

Room Tip: Ocean views are very nice, but cost about $60-80 more per night. They are quieter than the street f...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Will O
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I am a single conservative lady, and found the accommodations secure, safe, wonderful, close to the beach. Fabulous courtyard and pool. City bus system is an economic way to see city. $4.50 per day for bus pass. Can ride train or bus from airport. Restaurant in hotel is $$ for entrees.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank 377BrendaC
Reviewed January 22, 2014

They try and try but cannot get anything right. The front desk staff is quite rude and unaccommodating. Very focused on getting your money and nothing else. Not friendly at all either. Does not make the guest feel welcome, rather its like they are doing you a favor. The level of staff and professionalism is quite low (think inexperienced kids working at the hotel). Rooms are ok, dank and older building. New carpeting and bathrooms but its evident that it was a cheap renovation. Pool area is dirty, birds swimming in the pool. Again, goal is to sell you drinks, not make you comfortable. I travel all over the world and expect more. If it was $150 a night it would be fine, but not the rate they are charging. Stay away, there is much better accomadation to bne had in Miami.

3  Thank travelerlux2013
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last February but new to posting here
We stayed here for a week stay away from northern snow for our honeymoon - well we are both mid 50s- our room very clean comfy nice touches champagne even
The beach gorgeous!
We had breakfast room service a few times very good
Service on beach excellent!
I had an aveda spa it was great very relaxing
The lounge was nice!
The fresh squeezed OJ screwdrivers delicious!
We will be back!
Service was great very impressive
The Birds beautiful
Clean property
Nice to walk into town via board walk
Beach was clean
Breakfast buffet huge and tasty!
Our week weather was great in February
Spa very nice - clean
Overall great
The only negative would be the bar closed 10 minutes early one night and we wanted a nightcap!
The guys working the beach VERY attentive!! Treated great!!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Bluemango4me
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for five days with my family. The hotel in general has nice view and beautiful garden. The problem I have is with the management is that I reserve a family package that includes a daily breakfast however when I return back home I notice that the hotel charged my credit card more than the final balance in the check-out statement. When I called them I find out that the hotel charged me a daily breakfast for my kids for five days although my rate package include breakfast. No one told me that I have to pay for my kids when I check-in I think it is unfair to add the charge after I check-out and it should be clear that the rate does not include your kids.

1  Thank aalmutai
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear aalmutai,
Thank you for being our recent guests at the Palms Hotel & Spa and for your positive comments regarding our property and gardens. We regret to hear that you did not fully enjoy your experience at the hotel. I just want to clarify that after reviewing your reservation, it looks as if your booking was made for 1 adult in the room, hence the pricing change of adding your wife and kids once you checked in. I do hope that the next time your travels bring you to Miami Beach we may have the pleasure to welcome you and your family back to The Palms.
Please contact me directly (alma@thepalmshotel.com) for any future reservations or assistance you may need.
Warm regards,
Alma Cue
The Palms Hotel & Spa Management

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I'm a travel professional and stay at hotels all around the world. Sometimes you come across something that you think everyone should have the privilege to experience and The Palms Hotel & Spa is one of these things. From staff to room, general space, food and beautiful garden exude quality and elegance at it's best. With it's location on the beach just beside South Beach but still just a short walk to Ocean Drive and Lincoln road it makes it a perfect stay for whatever reason you are in Miami. Go there, stay there and do not miss all the delicious interior details this hotel presents that makes it so special. Together with five other hotels, all in different continents, it's the best stay I've had.

Room Tip: #802, a great room with possibilities to a connecting door room
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family