$328
Official Site
  • Beachfront
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$232
$178
  • Pool
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
$299
  • Pool
Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$265
$227
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$208
$199
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$248
$208
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$238
$217
Official Site
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$304
$261
Priceline
$856
$609
2,968 results
All reviewssouth beachaveda productspool areaocean viewbeautiful hotelchairs and umbrellascab rideprivate beachoceanfront roomhotel restaurantdirect access to the beachbeach servicelincoln roadvalet parkingbeach towelsweddingtiki
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This is our second trip to South Beach (and to The Palms) in consecutive Decembers. If we are fortunate enough to travel back to the area later this year we will be staying there a third time. We recommended this hotel to the three couples traveling with us based on my wife's and my previous experience. It's always a little nerve wracking making a suggestion for someone else's vacation but in this case the recommendation was entirely appreciated by our traveling companions. We are all in our late 40's with children (who were not traveling with us) and looking for a quiet, relaxing spot. The Palms is exactly that. Depending on your room selection, rooms range from reasonably sized to quite spacious, and all seem well appointed. Definitely opt for the ocean view, and ask for a room above the fourth floor so you are above the palm trees and can see the ocean. Check in was pleasant, and relatively straightforward. Pool area is sedate, with soft, spa like music playing in the background. There is lush foliage that screens the pool area from adjoining properties. The pool service is relatively "hands off". We visited other friends at other hotel pools and found the pool service to be borderline aggressive. At The Palms it seems that if you'd like to order you signal a waiter and they deliver your order promptly. If you are just laying out and don't need anything you will be left alone to rest. The beach is beautiful, and has wait service and chair attendants as well. I don't believe there is a charge for chair or umbrella service on the beach. Lastly, I have read other reviews stating that The Palms is "so remote" from everything in South Beach. The level of remoteness depends entirely on what you are looking for. As mentioned earlier in this review, we wanted a calm, quiet location, a place to relax and recharge. Ocean Drive and Lincoln Road are a five to seven minute cab ride away, and two couples in a cab would split a 10 to 12 dollar fare. Seems pretty reasonable to me. Further, on those mornings that we didn't have breakfast at The Palms, my wife and I took the 15 minute oceanfront walk from the hotel to breakfast on Ocean Drive several mornings....what a treat! In summary, if you are looking for a quiet, well appointed location that is just removed from all that South Beach offers I highly recommend this location.

Room Tip: * stay above fourth floor on ocean side for a better view. * while construction is going on at adjoining property, stay on northern side of hotel. * work on adjoining property starts relatively early and did disturb our sleep.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank T C
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear T C,
What an absolute pleasure it was to have you back as one of our loyal and repeat Palms guests! Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback on your most recent stay. We appreciate your lovely comments regarding our property and just to clarify there is no charge for the beach chairs as it is already included in the resort fee. When you are ready to book your stay please contact me directly at alma@thepalmshotel.com and I’ll be happy to assist you with the details of your reservation.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

This hotel ruined our first family vacation we have a 6 month old and this was our first trip together as a family, it was my husbands birthday and I'm sorry to say it ruined his birthday.this hotel was extremely uncomfortable if you are traveling with a baby. Our room was very tight could barely get the stroller through their very narrow room hallway. The bathroom was dirty and had a shelf that was slanted and everything we put on it would slide off into the toilet. Disgusting! The toilet wasnt working properly it kept getting clogged. The bed and pillows were very uncomfortable. When we went to the reception to express our concerns at first they told us there was nothing they could do, after a few more complaints the guy at the front desk told us to take a look at a different room, so we did and it was better then our when we went back downstairs to tell him we would take that room instead we were told that room was no longer available. Are you kidding me?! Why would you show me if its not available!! We asked to talk to the manager and he approached the situation in a rude manner. He told us there was nothing he could do and sent us on our way. Terrible customer service!!!!
The pool and lounge chairs were very dirty there always nasty birds/ pigeons swimming in the pool and the reason why there's so many birds everywhere is because they never clean up, theres food left unattended everywhere for hours. Terrible service terrible experience would never stay there again!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Dom D

Dear Dom D,
I am truly disappointed to hear about the inconveniences you encountered during your recent visit. Clearly we fell short of your expectations and delivering genuine, attentive service and follow thru which you should have received. I do appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention, however, I sincerely regret that we were unable to resolve and act accordingly to these while you were still in house. We have reviewed your comments together as a team extensively and will use these as an integral enhancement towards our training efforts. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to continue to improve upon our guest services and genuine hospitality deliverance. I would love to speak with you directly so that we may hopefully have the chance to regain your loyalty and patronage as a valued Palms guest once again, if you would be so kind as to contact me at your convenience (alma@thepalmshotel.com)

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We had a wonderful experience at this hotel. All staff was attentive and helpful. Overall service A+. The facilities are very nice, the pool is quiet and relaxing. Love the hammocks behind the pool. If we are back in Miami we will defiantly consider going back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear marie2000
Thank you for being our recent guest at The Palms Hotel & Spa and for your lovely comments regarding our property and our attentive and helpful staff. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the hammocks and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Miami Beach.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

If you have been to most of the hotels in Miami beach and want one that has an excellent restaurant within a boutique hotel atmosphere situated right on the beach....you don't have to go anywhere else. It is not over the top but it is a very good hotel and I would recommend it. I was pleasantly surprised as I usually stay at other hotels in Miami (reviewed previously on trip advisor) but this time my coordinator put me here as she felt this would be a great location for my meetings as most were going to be held in-house and she felt the restaurant and its patio would be a good place to conduct my one on one meetings. I have to say she was right. Size of the room was on the larger side, check-in was flawless, wake up was on time and very pleasant, room service didn't miss a beat, public space was very well maintained and different (as in a lot of Palm shapes and green colours) as the name suggests. Breakfast was included in the price of the room which was surprising and it was a very good hot and cold buffet with an omelette station. Again, I have to commend the restaurant crew and the Chef. Wifi was no trouble and the pool and beach area were very well maintained and service was consistent. I would recommend it if you are looking for a 4+ star hotel on Miami beach. Now for the restaurant...what a great surprise...my first meal was a lunch as I had just come in from a number of meetings offsite and ordered the albacore tuna sandwich at Essensia....I know it was a tuna sandwich but I have to say it was one of the best Tuna sandwiches I have had. I then really looked at the menu and had all my dinner meetings and lunch meetings there for the next three days. I soon found out that the Chef (Julie Frans) and the Essensia’s culinary team cook in a ‘natural gourmet’ fashion with all their dishes being globally inspired, really healthy but also very flavorful. Great dinner options...over the course of three nights my guests and I ordered most of the seafood items on the menu.....seriously, they were all very well done and presented. I have spoken about this restaurant to so many locals and tourist now. The only challenge we had was that there is/was construction right beside them of a new hotel/condo and the construction noise starts by 7 am. Please call and see where they are now in the construction. It wasn't a bother for me as I was up before then but to some others it might be a challenge.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the ocean view room. It is worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear SavvyTraveler738,
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Palms Hotel & Spa and for experiencing one of your ‘best tuna sandwich’ with us at Essensia. We appreciate the time you took to share your Palms experience and are absolutely thrilled to hear that the seafood items were all ‘very well done and presented’, as we strive for perfection with each and every dish prepared. We hope to welcome you back next time your travels bring you to Miami Beach for another perfect stay and delectable food!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The Palms is a great place to get away. The staff is super friendly, the tropical birds are awesome and the beach is right in fornt of the hotel. We had an amazing time and definately plan on going back. The gardens are peaceful and relaxing on the hammocks was by far one of the highlights.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family