$315
$371
$299
loewshotels.com
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$299
$279
Official Website
$209
$155
$329
  • Beachfront
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$263
$219
  • Pool
SLS South Beach(Miami Beach)
$385
$308
Official Site
$309
$289
Priceline
  • Beachfront
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$342
$275
Priceline
3,129 results
All reviewsaveda productssouth beachpool areaocean viewchairs and umbrellasbeautiful hotelcab rideoceanfront roomhotel restaurantprivate beachdirect access to the beachbeach servicevalet parkinglincoln roadbeach towelsweddingtiki
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed a night with family over Thanksgiving. Great location right on the beach. Nice room overlooking the ocean. Lovely swimming pool area. Very nice restaurant overlooking the garden pool area. Excellent, customer friendly staff. Had a great experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear B W,
It was a pleasure to have you and your family as our recent guests at The Palms Hotel & Spa. Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience and much appreciation for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to Miami Beach.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

We arrived as a family of three. Check-in was quick within a tropical looking lobby. The sleeping room was king sized with incredible views of the ocean, comfy bed, and well appointed bathroom. (The toilet and a sink are in a separate room, and the showerhead was oversized.)
We dined at Essensia, in the courtyard. The view of the palm trees, tiki huts and pool is most relaxing. The food was delicious and the choices for a vegetarian pallet were most appreciated.
Service was great. A most accommodating staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you for not only choosing to stay at The Palms Hotel & Spa but also for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your lovely comments regarding the property, great service and our accommodating staff and look forward to your next visit to Miami Beach!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

What a wonderful stay. The staff were super friendly and accommodating; my family arrived early and our room was quickly cleaned and prepared for us while we waited over a fantastic lunch on the deck. Beautiful beach view by walking out to the boardwalk. Overall I wouldn't change anything about the experience.

1  Thank Crystal W

Thank you for taking the time to review The Palms Hotel & Spa and for being our recent guests. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed lunch at Essensia and much appreciation for your kind words regarding our property and friendly staff. We all look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to Miami Beach.
The Palms Hotel Management

Reviewed December 5, 2013

The Palms is one of those places you really want to love but it falls just short of expectations on too many little things to make it great. On the positive side it has a nice lobby and reception area, very competent pool and spa, and terrific access to the beach. But our experience was not very good from the start. We arrived around 1 PM and were told our room wasn't ready. The desk clerk said he'd call me as soon as it was so we went to the poolside bar to wait. By 3:30 when no one called (and our bartender had checked with the desk twice) I went back inside to the complain and was told the room had been ready since 2. No explanation as to why we weren't notified.
The room itself was OK with a nice ocean view, but the configuration was a little odd--the entry corridor bisected the bathroom so the shower and one sink were on one side of the hall, and the toilet and another sink on the other side. The window curtain was stuck and never was fixed during out stay. Minor point, but reflective of the experience.
The location is North Beach. This was my first time in Miami Beach so I didn't realize North Beach is isolated from the action and shopping areas of South Beach and Lincoln Ave. There is absolutely nothing near the hotel--no restaurants, bars, stores--nothing within walking distance. So if you want to do anything outside the hotel, it means getting a cab or driving.
Finally the nickel-and-diming: You don't come to Miami Beach and expect to find a bargain, and the Palms will not disappoint you in this regard. But the drive to generate profit by adding little charges reaches new heights at this place. Think $7 for the bottle of water placed in the room , Parking fees of $35, a daily $15 "resort fee" (my least favorite surcharge of all time) and an automatically-charging mini bar with a hair trigger. On that last point, we never even opened the door to the bar but charges showed up on our bill. The clerk said the bar must have sensed movement in the room and misinterpreted that as use of the bar. Not sure I buy that, and it doesn't explain why I was also charged for the $7 water which we never used.
Finally the on site restaurants and bars: Don't expect a bargain. Typical charge for 2 top-shelf martinis (tip automatically included): $35. Servers were nice. We didn't use the restaurant but the prices were eye-popping even for Miami Beach.

Honestly, I really wanted to like this place but by the end of our second day I was really, really ready to go. Good thing I scrutinized my bill before leaving and had them remove all the inappropriate charges or my rating would be even lower.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Hodmeister

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I appreciate the positive comments and highlights of your stay with regards to our beautiful grounds and friendly staff. Just to clarify, our hotel is perfectly situated on the tranquil northern end of South Beach, just minutes from all the energetic and happening attractions South Beach has to offer. Unfortunately, I regret to hear that you did not find value to your overall stay. We sincerely value our guests feedback and therefore continually review our pricing levels and have found to be competitively priced and in line with other local luxury Miami Beach and South Beach properties. As a matter of fact our parking fee is less than most hotels in our competitive set. I wish parking was more plentiful in this area but as you might have experienced this is not the case. Thank you for the opportunity to address your concerns. Hopefully we may have the pleasure of being able to welcome you back once again for another stay and more memorable Palms experience. Please contact me directly (alma@thepalmshotel.com) for any future reservations or assistance you may need.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I arrived very early 6:30 AM Monday morning for the Art Basel week in Miami. Asked if my room was ready and was told that I could have a double. I asked for a room with a king and was told that none was available.. Ok I thought, but I'm here for a week and probably earlier than anyone else coming for the fair. I wondered how it was decided since the Turon travel sight didn't distinguish between King and double and that's the main booking sight for the fair. So be it I'll take the double. Oh but there's an EARLY CHECK IN FEE, huh!!! I said you mean the room is empty, and obviously has been overnight and will remain empty until later when I will be "allowed" to check in without a fee. Correct alien Suarez, the night manager, said, but you won't allow me to have it now without a fee? Correct. Will you wave the fee? No response. Is the restaurant open? No not until 7. Ok, we're not off to a great start.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Dear Mr. Douglas M,
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest during Art Basel. Thank you for reaching out to us directly and allowing us to address your concerns in person while staying with us. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and we all look forward to welcoming you back for Art Basel 2014!