The Palms Hotel & Spa
Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$312
$239
Kimpton
  • Beachfront
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
$349
  • Pool
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$204
$158
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $181/night.

Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$238
$217
Official Site
$309
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $355/night.

$328
$252
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $305/night.

Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$279
$248
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$199
  • Pool
The Confidante Miami Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Beachfront
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$272
$233
Priceline
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $261/night.

2,951 results
All reviewssouth beachaveda productspool areaocean viewbeautiful hotelchairs and umbrellascab rideprivate beachoceanfront roomhotel restaurantdirect access to the beachbeach servicelincoln roadvalet parkingbeach towelsweddingtiki
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

To give you an idea of what type of vacationer I am (along with my friend): we are 21 & 22 years old and like to visit places with nice beaches. We aren't big party goers and we don't stay up late.

With that said, the Palms hotel was right on the beach, however has a little walkway with a gate to get there, I don't think any of the hotels have the sand directly as their backyard. All of the lounge chairs on the sand were free for hotel guests and for those who don't wish to come home tan: umbrellas are also there to keep you cool. They do the beverage and bar food service on the beach as well so that is really nice, but don't expect a quick delivery, even if you're sitting at the bar at the hotel... The food did seem very fresh so I'm sure that's why it took a little long, but generally it was fine. Waiting always seems harder in 90 degree humidity anyway.

As far as the location to the nightlife it's about 15-25 streets away from the heart of everything (2 miles). Walking isn't really that bad but we ended up getting a rental car just for convenience on the last day.

The staff at the Palms were mixed. One day the valet / doorman watched as we struggled up the stairs with our big bags with no offer to help, while other days the valet guys would open both doors at once just to let us in. Wasn't consistent, but not really anything to ruin my stay. Matias at the bar/lounge was very friendly at night and the dark haired waitress with glasses at the Essencia Restaurant was extremely good at her job.

Our first night we tried to get in bed around 10pm. Our neighbors however were blasting club music on their (provided) iHome which we could hear CLEARLY through our walls. We may as well have been in the room with them. We decided to call the front desk and they were very friendly about taking care of it and sent a security guy who politely asked them to keep it down. That was nice. We had quiet neighbors for the rest of our stay except for the last night. Must be some sort of bachelorette party because these girls were cackling in their rooms from 1030pm til 1245am until they left. Came back at 4am and apparently continued the party. I'm not going to be the guest who calls security multiple times on their stay, but man did I want to. The walls here, and maybe it's just these two rooms, are paper thin. I am able to sleep through plane noise, traffic, etc. and consider myself a regular sleeper, not a light sleeper, but it kept me up the entire time.

For this reason alone I would not stay in this hotel again. We just wanted to sleep! Sadly, this was just poor construction of the hotel and not the hotel employees fault.

Positives and negatives of the trip:
+ nice, clean rooms
+ house keeping turns down bed with chocolate
+ separate room for toilet and shower (was nice to have two sinks)
- no jacuzzi
+ friendly/helpful front desk
+ 20% off at restaurant
+\- construction next door: didn't actually phase us at all. Sort of just part of the background noise while we were outside, not bothersome and I don't think anyone was really annoyed by it
+ gym has iPod dock
+ pool open 24 hours
- employees all speak Spanish and are often hard to understand, keep in mind I'm from southern CA and we have plenty of Spanish speakers but trying to tell the valet I wanted overnight parking was a task.
- small portions at restaurant for big price, but yummy nonetheless
+ iHome in the room
- ironing board broken/falling apart in our room
+ nice view from room
+ free Keurig coffee maker in the room

One last thing: don't be fooled by the driveway and lobby, honestly it doesn't do the rest of the hotel justice. When we walked in we both were kind of like "oh..." And were a little disappointed because it is not as "fancy" as you'd expect. But the rooms are beautiful and pretty much everything else is really nice. The landscaping is nice in the pool area etc.

Would I recommend this to a friend? Only if that friend is a night owl and doesn't have to worry about loud neighbors. I'm not sure how a family would do in this setting but there did seem to be a good amount of families here, especially around the pool.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank T1ffanyy
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review The Palms Hotel & Spa and for your detailed feedback. We appreciate your kind words regarding our property, rooms, and friendly staff but regret the inconvenience you have experienced. Please know that your satisfaction is priority at The Palms and I would like to see if we could discuss this matter further. Please email me at alma@thepalmshotel.com
The Palms Hotel & Spa Management

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Just recently, we traveled to Miami for a seven day getaway. The end of our trip was due to sync up with Memorial Day weekend. I had heard in certain circles that South Beach was where we wanted to be. There are shops, clubs and lots of action. We didn't really want a whole lot of "action". In fact we deliberately chose to stay just near enough to walk or drive to the "action" but far enough away to relax.
We chose the Palms Hotel and Spa in Miami Beach primarily because its considered a 4+ star hotel on most hotel sites and had a reasonable per room rate on Priceline considering we were booking a week before our stay and during a holiday weekend. I was pleased with the price of the trip plus car rental, so off we went.
This hotel is the place you want to come to relax, enjoy the beach and a serene, tropical atmosphere. The entire hotel has a spa feel and the staff is wonderful. I must say a few words about the hotel staff. I don't know much about running a hotel but if I owned one, I'd run it exactly like the Palms. The staff comes across trained, competent, guest-focused, polite with genuine smiles. This hotel is worth the additional money you may pay for food, per day parking and beach amenities. Every dollar was worth it for our room and the way we were treated - like one would treat a guest.
There are lovely places within the hotel to sit and relax. The Cafe Del Mar type music that they have piped in throughout the hotel grounds really sets an ambient relaxing atmosphere. You almost forget you're in the United States, primarily because there are people from all over the world as guests and staff composition.
I highly recommend the Palms Hotel and Spa!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RainyNightInGA
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review The Palms Hotel & Spa. What a pleasure to have had you as our guests and much appreciation for your sincerity and lovely comments in regards to our ambiance, property, but most importantly your appreciation for our Staff! I sincerely believe that our employees are one of our greatest assets and they are one of the pillars that make The Palms such a special place. We will share your review with our entire staff at our next hotel meeting and look forward to welcoming you back whenever your travels bring you to Miami Beach.
The Palms Hotel & Spa Management

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I used the spa/pool here on our honeymoon and booked massages here because they were participating in spa month, which several hotels/spas in Miami participate in during July/August where you can get discounted services at $99. Regardless of the fact that the going rate for an hour deep tissue massage is $80, we were traveling and didn't know where else to go to get massages. I'm a massage therapist myself, so I might be a little more particular than most, but I've worked in spa and clinical settings so I know what good service and quality bodywork is. I chose this place because they're an Aveda spa and I love the way aveda products smell, and the pool/beach access for the day included in the price seemed like a good deal to me.
My husband was happy with his massage, he got more of a deep tissue/hot rocks/sports type massage with a cute blonde girl so he was stoked. I'm pregnant and had to pay extra for mine, which I thought was ridiculous because I never charged extra just for having to use different pillows/bolsters when I did massage, but whatever, I was desperate. The massage therapist was really abrupt in the way she touched me, and used really rapid movements and seemed to just be covering me in oil, rather than specifically targeting the muscles. If this was supposed to be a swedish massage... then the whole thing was petrissage- there was very little effleurage and if it was it would be the worst ever because it was really fast, abrupt and not calming at all. It was still nice to get my body totally covered in oil and rubbed down, but it was more like "rubbing" than a massage or "bodywork".
The timing was also really bad. Our sessions were booked for 2pm, and I know that an hour massage is actually a "professional hour" which includes a 5 minute intake in the beginning and 5 minutes at the end to get dressed and leave the room, we started at 2:05 and the time on the clock at the end was 2:49. So for my massage is was... $119 plus 20% tip for 44 minutes of a really bad massage and access to the pool, beach chairs, sauna, locker rooms, etc. Wouldn't do it again! We left feeling really ripped off and stupid for spending that much money.

Room Tip: we only used the spa.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ashleys136
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

I regret to hear of this unfortunate experience at The Palms Hotel & Spa and understand your concerns. Please know that your satisfaction is priority at The Palms and I would like to see if we could discuss this matter further. Please email me at alma@thepalmshotel.com
Best,
The Palms Hotel Management

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The place is nice. The staff is friendly, but the restaurant very slow. They charge to receive orders you might have sent to the hotel (US$5 PER item received), which I thought was an absurd!!! Besides charging, they took about 4 days to find something I had sent there... I might stay there again, but will probably try to find something closer to Lincoln Rd., so that we can walk round more easily...
One more thing: the beds are VERY small. I was traveling with my husband and 2 young sons (6 and 8) and were used to sleeping two on each bed, but there the beds were very small for 2 people.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Nice welcome from the moment we arrived by car. Valet parking is necessary, at around $30 per day. The check in area was very efficient and discrete, to the point that the check in staff would not mention our room number verbally because our name had been spoken out loud, and other people were within earshot.

The reception/check in area has a colonial feel, and the outside lounge bar also has the same feel, with roof fans gently providing a gentle breeze.

The room came with two double beds and overlooked the tree shaded pool area. There was a wc room and a shower room. Tea/ coffee available in the room. Minibar avail, but at high prices. There was an iPod docking station. The air conditioning in the room is actually quite quiet, allowing good sleeps.

The pool area was clean, quiet, with plenty sun beds. Your room rate includes beach chairs and towels. The beach is just a short walk across the board walk, and the hotel waiters come to the beach to take orders for drinks and snacks.

One very nice touch was that we were celebrating two major birthdays in our group, 50 and 21, and we arrived back to the room on our first night to find a bottle of sparkling wine, and a nice letter from the management. This was a big surprise! Thank you!

There is a small bar area beside the pool, with a snack menu.
The one surprising, and disappointing, thing was that the pool bar closed at 6.00pm every evening. Why so early? It was July, daylight, why force customers to go to the main hotel bar with their swimming gear to get the end of day beer? We noticed many confused customers being refused, and being told to go to the bar.

Anyway, apart from that, we loved the hotel! It is very comfortable, and well looked after. Fully recommendable!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for being our recent guest and taking the time to review The Palms Hotel & Spa. We appreciate your kind words in regards to our property and your feedback on the pool bar hours. To clarify, the Tiki bar is opened daily from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Tuesdays from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Thank you again for recommending the hotel and I will share your feedback with our F&B Director.