“Excellent hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Espoo, Finland
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We were staying in The Palms Hotel on our honeymoon in late May. The hotel is great! They gave us a room with an ocean view and the view was gorgeous. The pool area and and the beach were so nice. Breakfast buffet was also good and I'm sure there's something for everyone. Staff was always friendly. The hotel is a good choice if you want to enjoy the sun and the sea. Only thing that bothered a little, was the window of our room. It seemed that when it rained the carpet in front of it got wet. Other than that everything was great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I got married here two years ago and just got back from our 2 yr anniversary trip. The hotel is still nice but customer service is lacking. For having given them a lot of business I was surprised at the way they handled a few things.

First off rooms- room was very nice but as another poster said, they do not sweep or vacuum. For a nice hotel like this it’s pretty embarrassing. They need to do a thorough job, as the customer is directly affected by this. My hair and sand was still on the floor after they came in.

when I originally booked my room, they asked if i wanted to include breakfast for a discount ($25pp instead of $30pp) which i said ok. When we got there we realized that there was a cafe/restaurant (much cheaper) a block away. I called to get the breakfast removed and they said they could not do it. I had not paid them yet and i had not eaten there. But they said it was part of the "package". After talking to the manager at the front desk for 20 min, he finally "got approval"---Now to be clear, my room rate did not include the breakfast...i booked my room and then added breakfast. Yes they did take it off, but not without a fight and I had to say (which I was hoping I didn’t have to point out) that I got married there and gave them a lot of business so it's crazy that they are giving me a hard time about this. Really wish it didn’t have to come to that.

I am now home and looking my bank account. When i first booked the hotel, I used my check card for the deposit. When i checked out, i used a credit card (different card). After looking at my accounts, they charged my check card (card I used for the deposit only) $600+. This charge isn’t even the total amount of my bill when I checked out so i don’t know where this random $600+ charge is coming from. I called and was transferred to 3 different people's VM… unacceptable. They need to answer their phone. I called again a half hour later and spoke to someone that should not be in customer service. He wasn’t mean but he wasn’t nice either. He sounded like he was just going through the motions, seemed annoyed by my questions and was not apologetic. They randomly charged $600+ to my check card (not credit)..this is a huge mistake that they didn’t seem too concerned about making.

Bottom line, The Palms needs to work on their customer service. As nice as my wedding was and as nice as the property is, unfortunately what sticks out most (now) is the their lack of good customer service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I am sorry to hear of this unfortunate experience at The Palms Hotel & Spa. I regret the inconvenience and understand your concerns. Please know that your satisfaction is priority at The Palms and I would like to see if we could set up a time to discuss this matter further. Please email me at alma@thepalmshotel.com
Alma Cue
The Palms Hotel & Spa Management
Porec, Croatia
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The hotel is actually really quite nice, the rooms being more than adequate.
Grounds and pool area and convenience to the beach excellent.Food and
drink being also of fair quality although the cost of both bordering on being
criminal.We only eat and drank once in the hotel we just could not justify paying
such inflated prices.

Our wedding party consisted of around 38 members most of whom found the constant
construction noise from the new hotel being built next door a real interference, mixed with the
hotels own early morning internal maintenance you rarely felt your holiday stay was not on a complete construction demolition derby.

Our first impressions as we entered the hotel took at turn for the worse as the bride and grooms room was void of any welcome pack and they where given a two single bed room.
this took days to sort out. Our groups experience then became even more unsuitable as various personal items where being stolen from the rooms. please take note a small safe
is provided in the rooms but you will not be able to fit all your possessions in this safe.
My advice is to stay away from this hotel its a complete rip off and i left feeling sick to
the stomach.

Room Tip: sea view stay away from flat roofs
4 Thank villasonline
Brno, Czech Republic
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Well, I have to start this review with stating that this is really an excellent hotel with the fantastic location and brilliant beach. We had an ocean view which was awesome as well. Unfortunately there are several things that should be improved and if the hotel management would be interested in, I will be happy to guide them. Let me just mention a few things that they need to focus on:
- valet parking is not organized properly and some guys are not friendly
- when you request crib during the check in, it is not possible to wait an hour to get it
- rooms are not vacuumed during the stay even you explicitly request it so the sand is everywhere
- you would expect noise around the elevator since everybody enjoys the holiday time but you wouldn't expect noise that is made by the service cleaning rooms & hall at 10-11pm which is not acceptable
- when somebody cleans your room, that person should be friendly and that was not this case
We had some issue with the noise from the neighbours and I appreciate that front desk offer 100 USD discount because of that.

Room Tip: As high as possible and far away from elevator
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tomas V
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for being our recent guest at The Palms Hotel & Spa and taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your kind words regarding our property. Guest satisfaction is our priority and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to see if we could discuss this matter further. Please email me at alma@thepalmshotel.com
Best,
Alma Cue
The Palms Hotel & Spa Management
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great hotel super comfy beds (albeit a little high, although my inner princess (and the pea) felt quite safe and cozy on the (one) mattress). Loved the shower/bathroom super modern and felt like too was recently renovated.
Thought it was strange there wasn't a wash basin in the toilet, but then on closer examination realised its built into the water tank! It's an environmentally friendly system which recycles the water used to wash your hands to flush the loo!
We didnt see the beach only staying there a day after getting off a cruise ship the day before so spent the whole time at the hotel bar which served the MOST amazing cocktails and the food was equally great. They have happy hour I think from 5-7 so sample the cocktails for sure.
A long way from South Beach and other restaurants and bars so you will need a cab if you wanted to venture outside of the confines of the hotel.
The staff were so nice and couldn't do enough to help you.
Like I said in the title would definitely stay here again and recommend to friends and family.

Paris, France
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at the Palms hotel for 4 nights. The hotel grounds are magnificient, very green around the pool area. The tiki bar is bery nice and the service is impeccable. Pricing is also good, not too expensive and a large choice of cocktails and food.
The room was very spacious and confortable.
The hotel is very clean.
Best thing was the breakfast, by the pool in the patio: large choice and excellent quality.
I would recommend this hotel if someone is looking for a hotel a bit far from Miami's south beach madness. There is a boardwalk that takes you directly to Ocean Drive and the heart of South Beach in about 20 minutes walking.

1 Thank Palmivi
Auburn, PA
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I spent a few days here last week - 3rd hotel we stayed in over the course of a week. The was the last, and the best one. Hotel was immaculate, staff addressed you by name in the restaurant and at the front desk. Everyone was very accommodating. Room and bed were comfortable. There is construction on a hotel next door, but there's nothing that can be done about that. Request a room on the opposite side from the construction (north side), and you'll never know it was going on. Grounds were lush and gave you the feeling of being in your own little oasis. Locked gates led to the beach and boardwalk. Would definitely recommend for couples.

Room Tip: Choose the north side for a more quiet experience. An ocean front would have a nice view of the oce...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple