In all my years of traveling and staying in hotels that ranged from one star to five stars, this hotel has truly been the worst place I have ever stayed. Me and my wife came here as part of our honeymoon to relax and enjoy a weekend in Miami. We stayed on the top floor of the hotel. In short, here is what went wrong:
- TV in the room did not work and never got fixed after many requests to the management office. Instead, in the span of four hours, we were interrupted by maintanace as many as 5 times trying to solve the tv problem. On one occassion, the maintanace guy just walked in without even nocking. We finally gave up on the TV situation and asked management to please tell the guy to stop coming to the room because we wanted to rest. The manager said he would tell the guy to immediately leave us alone, and five minutes later the maintanace guy came back. Management did offer to give us a new room, instead gave us a 50 dollar credit. Really? This was our honeymoon and we paid nearly 400 dollars for this place.
- Noise in the hallway outside the room was horrible. At about 11 pm a huge crowd of drunk frat boys assemblemed in the hall and started to curse, yell, and bang on the doors. We called security and they never came to check on them. The guys finally left after 10 minutes, but they came back around 3 am. I had to get out of the room half asleep and naked to tell them that people were sleeping and to shut up. I did not sleep well that night.
- The pool was disgusting. Nothing like the pictures. It seemed like one of those pools you see in very cheap motels.
- One of the guys at the check in/out desks was so rude. I forgot his name, but he had Nicaragua under his name. Asked him about checking out a little later because our flight had been delayed. He was so rude about it. He told us if we wanted to check out later we needed to pay 300 dollars. He treated us like second class citizens. The guy from Ecuador was so much nicer. He told us we can leave our bags with the bell man and we can use the facilities in the mean time until we had to go to the airport. He was of rude at all and gave us the service we deserved.
For the price you will pay to stay in this place it is not worth it. This place does not seem to get the basics right.
If you want a hotel that is quiet and ALL the staff is friendly, than this is not the place to waste your money. There is so many other quality hotels in south beach. Please look at your options and spend your hard earned money somewhere else.
So much more that I can say, but I won't. The good thing about this place was the food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oceanfront sanctuary in the heart of Miami Beach, just minutes from the South Beach entertainment district, The Palms Hotel & Spa combines refined service, laid-back sophistication and beachside serenity into a destination where wellness and environmental awareness are at the center of each guest experience. Enjoy freshly renovated lobby areas with an elegant colonial flair, a lush tropical garden oasis with secluded relaxation areas, a large swimming pool and comfortable lounges, cabanas and umbrellas at the pool and beach. Rooms offer either views of the ocean, tropical gardens or the cityscape, and feature flat-screen TVs, AVEDA toiletries, coffee makers, iPod docks and luxurious bedding. The hotel’s signature restaurant, ESSENSIA, offers local farm-to-table cuisine with unique Miami flavors on breezy covered terraces. The Lounge specializes on craft cocktails while the TIKI BAR offers casual fare and classic pool cocktails. The Palms AVEDA Spa offers a full-service salon, retail area and holistic spa treatments, delivering a highly personalized experience with rituals to awaken the senses. Inspired by the pristine environment surrounding the resort, tropical nature inspires all facets of the hotel, from the decor, to the products & services offered and its commitment to green practices. It is an independently owned and operated AAA 4-diamond rated hotel, a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts Lifestyle Collection and Florida Green Lodging certified. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your The Palms Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Hotel And Spa
- The Palms Hotel Miami Beach
- Palms Hotel Miami Beach
- Palms South Beach
- The Palms South Beach
- Miami The Palms
- Palms Miami