The Palms Hotel & Spa
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$180
$172
Hilton.com
  • Beachfront
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$234
$178
$328
$247
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $298/night.

The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
$299
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$208
$169
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $194/night.

Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$248
  • Beachfront
The Confidante Miami Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$173
$169
  • Beachfront
Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$240
$182
  • Beachfront
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$304
$279
$1,762
$709
2,965 results
All reviewssouth beachaveda productspool areaocean viewbeautiful hotelchairs and umbrellascab rideprivate beachoceanfront roomhotel restaurantdirect access to the beachbeach servicelincoln roadvalet parkingbeach towelsweddingtiki
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a good place to stay, not the best, but a great bargain for the price. well done, good restaurant, pool, and access to the beach. The room for MIami beach were large, comfortable and very well prices. I'd recommend it readily.

Room Tip: a bit noisy with partiers one night next to me. but a great value and good service, and pool, and access to the ocean.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank schildkrout
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Booked the Palms Hotel for a post cruise stay. An older hotel, upon entering the lobby you had a feel of the Miami jetsetters of the past, so very elegant and beautiful. Service was incredible, check in fast and efficient. We were given an ocean front upgrade that had a wonderful view. The room was spacious and had a separate lavatory and shower room, very nice idea. Hotel offers services of an Aveda Spa which I loved! The hotel property was like a small oasis of tropical foliage, grassy lawn areas and a nice size pool. We were even greeting by two colorful parrots welcoming us to the pool area. During our stay they were hosting a wedding which was a nice surprise to take a peek at, the lawn and pool area were all lit with white lights and lanterns, so romantic. Hotel has 2 restaurants but we did not have time try. Within a 10min walk there are nice local cafes for dinning. We will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: Higher floors offer better ocean views.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your Palms experience with us! We appreciate your lovely description of our elegant and beautiful lobby, incredible service and spacious rooms. I am pleased to read that you loved our Aveda Spa and look forward to welcoming you back to our “tropical oasis” and hopefully next time you will try our delicious natural gourmet cuisine at Essensia Restaurant. If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly at alma@thepalmshotel.com

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at The Palms for our 25th wedding anniversary. I was drawn by the lush grounds around the pool as well as being right on the beach, but not too close to the frenzy of South Beach. We had been warned about the construction next door -- they are building a large hotel -- so we were prepared for that and asked for a room away from the noise. The room was on the smaller side but very nice, clean, modern, streamlined and we liked the setup with a separate bathroom which means someone can shower at the same time. Beds were quite comfortable and turndown service was a treat. We usually don't expect much from the in-house restaurant but we had a fabulous meal at Essencia our first night. Recommend the salmon and the scallops and the chocolate panna cotta was amazing! Yes it is pricey but this is Miami Beach so that is to be expected. Our tall waitress with glasses was very friendly and attentive too. We also enjoyed the tiki bar/lounge outside and some excellent ceviche salad and spanish tapas. Lovely lush tropical decor made you really feel on vacation. Again, great food! Beach was nice, with umbrellas and chaise lounges and very attentive waiters who are there at your beck and call for drinks etc. One knock -- some of the chairs are broken so would be nice for those to get fixed. Very relaxing with the exception of the construction noise. We could overlook it. Every night we strolled outside for a nice walk along the beach boardwalk. Since we do not like a heavy breakfast, we ventured out via walking/bike/cab to find a Starbucks, etc. There is a bike sharing station right around the corner from the hotel and we made use of these quite frequently. We toured South Beach as well as South Pointe Park on bike -- highly recommend this! All in all, we found The Palms to be a very nice experience. I think it will be perfect once the construction next door is completed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

We are pleased that you choose The Palms Hotel & Spa to celebrate such an important occasion. Congratulation on your 25th wedding anniversary! We appreciate your lovely comments regarding Essensia restaurant and are thrilled to read that the salmon, the scallops, and the chocolate panna cotta were amazing! We certainly look forward to welcoming you back for many many more anniversary celebrations.
Alma

Reviewed April 7, 2013

The front desk staff and the staff at the spa where quite helpful. This was the only customer service I received at this hotel. On the first night I went to the bar for happy hour. After being ignored on the patio for 10 minutes while others around me were served, I chose to move inside. This was no better. I was one of 5 people at the bar and still was ignored by the bartender. I had to eventually flag him down. After I ordered he disappeared again. To add insult to injury, the check had an automatic 20% gratuity on it. This explains the poor customer service. Why work for the customer when the tip is large and already on the check? Oh, I should add that happy hour for my party (a total of 4 drinks and two small appetizers was almost $80- so much for HH deals). This got worse the next night, my birthday, when I was told that the hotel staff could not get a cab for me to my birthday dinner because it "was a busy time" and I would "do better" to call one myself or flag one down in the street. The next day I was robbed by a hotel server. My food check was $11.50 which included the tip (as all things do there). I handed him a $50 and he handed me $36 in return. The grounds of this hotel, and the rooms, are quite nice. Sad to see that poor customer service overall really detracted from the ambiance.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank cearfoss
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

I am sorry to hear of this unfortunate experience at The Palms Hotel & Spa. We apologize for the inconveniences and understand your concerns. Please know that your satisfaction is priority at The Palms and I would like to see if we could set up a time to discuss this matter further. Please email me at alma@thepalmshotel.com
Best wishes,

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was our 3rd stay at The Palms Hotel and Spa in Miami. We've made it here every other year for the past 6 years, usually in March. We are never disappointed, because we know what to expect (i.e., resort prices for drinks and meals and sundries; don't go if you don't want to pay $15 for a drink at the bar. This is not a budget getaway, and it doesn't advertise itself as one). Gorgeous grounds, helpful staff, clean (if small) rooms that you're hardly ever in, anyway. There is construction going on immediately next door; it does seem that all our stays have coincided with some kind of construction going on, either at the resort itself or in this case, next door. However, it's good to see the construction; we can definitely see an uptick in building and renovation in the immediate area, which is good for everyone. That said, the construction was much less noticeable on Saturday and nonexistent on Sunday, so keep that in mind if you think it will bother you. We dined once at Essencia, which was fine, and twice in the bar, again - very nice. It does seem as if they've changed the menu since the last time we stayed, and for the better. A lot of nice, fresh, light offerings. One night we went to STK about 4 blocks away, and that was terrific, too. But mainly we go to the Palms to sit on the beach or in the pool area, drink, read, and relax. And we were not disappointed in any of these endeavors! We will be back again, I know.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a room on the north side, if you want to sleep late, as construction is going on in the building to the south. We had a corner suite, non-ocean view, 13th floor, and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

What an absolute pleasure it was to have you back as one of our loyal and repeat Palms guests! I truly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back soon!