Out of curiosity, I logged onto the Tripadvisor to look up the review this morning for the Palm beach hotel as we've just spent one evening here (and will be staying for another evening) and I was so surprised to find the last 3 reviews to be quite negative. It had all been fantastic reviews before.
I'm staying at one of the city view rooms too. It is smallish but very nicely decorated. My room overlooks another hotel opposite but no problem with noise (I'm a light sleeper so I dislike noise too).
The bathroom isn't so small as one of the reviews below. I can certainly turn without opening the shower door. I'm UK size 8-10 while my boyfriend is 6'2.
In terms of service, true, it is by no means world class - because it isn't consistent! The front desk receptionist I met was by no means welcoming or cheerful, nor was the spa receptionist I met this morning. However, serving staff at the bar and restaurant has been generally good.
No doubt there's room for service improvement to be done by management. Management responses below to unsatisfied customers are unhelpful at all honestly. They are meaningless with no actions to improve. That really needs to be addressed. For the time being, just tip for excellent service and take the tips off if you're not happy (even if it's been added to your bills).
Additional point to note:
1. Yes there's a $14 hotel fee per day for pool, wifi, etc
2. Valet parking is at an obnoxious price of $29 per day so park at the public parking nearby only 2-3 blocks away
3. Construction site is still happening so please do beware
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oceanfront sanctuary in the heart of Miami Beach, just minutes from the South Beach entertainment district, The Palms Hotel & Spa combines refined service, laid-back sophistication and beachside serenity into a destination where wellness and environmental awareness are at the center of each guest experience. Enjoy freshly renovated lobby areas with an elegant colonial flair, a lush tropical garden oasis with secluded relaxation areas, a large swimming pool and comfortable lounges, cabanas and umbrellas at the pool and beach. Rooms offer either views of the ocean, tropical gardens or the cityscape, and feature flat-screen TVs, AVEDA toiletries, coffee makers, iPod docks and luxurious bedding. The hotel’s signature restaurant, ESSENSIA, offers local farm-to-table cuisine with unique Miami flavors on breezy covered terraces. The Lounge specializes on craft cocktails while the TIKI BAR offers casual fare and classic pool cocktails. The Palms AVEDA Spa offers a full-service salon, retail area and holistic spa treatments, delivering a highly personalized experience with rituals to awaken the senses. Inspired by the pristine environment surrounding the resort, tropical nature inspires all facets of the hotel, from the decor, to the products & services offered and its commitment to green practices. It is an independently owned and operated AAA 4-diamond rated hotel, a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts Lifestyle Collection and Florida Green Lodging certified. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your The Palms Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Hotel And Spa
- The Palms Hotel Miami Beach
- Palms Hotel Miami Beach
- Palms South Beach
- The Palms South Beach
- Miami The Palms
- Palms Miami