“Good service for Miami”

The Palms Hotel & Spa
Ranked #28 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 1, 2013

The hotel service was excellent from housekeeping to the bar and everything in between, and frankly this is rare in Miami from my week here. The rooms are clean and they have an amazing 'eco' loo that I have never seen anywhere before. Only downside is that next door is currently a building site that means a quiet day by the pool or an outside lunch is out of the question Mon-Fri at least.

Room Tip: Beach facing is obv a plus but if you are on the very top floors the city view is also interesting a...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PracticallyPerfect74

Reviewed February 1, 2013

A friend recommend The Palms Hotel and Spa that lives in South Beach and I'm so glad she did. We had an extremely spacious ocean front room with spectacular views of the ocean. I especially oved the seperate his and her bathrooms. It made getting ready for the evening so easy. The staff was friendly and very attentive. The Sunday brunch was affordable and delicious. The outdoor set up reminded me of Robin Curose Island. The macaws were a hoot. The pool was warm enough to swim in in the middle of January. There were hammocks set up under palm trees to realx under. The servers by the pool made the best cocktails. The Aveda spa had a variety of services to choose from. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for an ocean front room! Well worth the view
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Heidi L
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights as we were attending a wedding and had travelled from the UK. The wedding itself was outstanding - absolutely faultless service. I cannot praise them highly enough from the beauty salon to the food and ambience. Yes there is still construction going on right next door - but where isn't there in South Beach? Our room overlooked it (but there was little noise and none before 8am) and was very spacious and well appointed. Our only gripe is that breakfast is very expensive and there is nowhere easily to go outside the hotel for meals. You need to add another 25% to the price you see for tax and service. All in all a beautiful place which I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Gem, hidden away from hustle and bustle... 15 minute walk to the Fountainbleu which is the opposite in sound and style, and which hosted my convention. Old Florida style, friendly staff. Great beach access. Comfortable, spacious, well appointed room with high end keurig coffee maker, HDTV, modern showers, drawer and closet space great for 1 (not sure about 2, though, especially if you both need to dress up). Wasn't affected by the construction (ask for north wing), as I left the hotel during the day, so I can't speak to how it would affect a day at the pool. The exercise room could use a face lift. Sorry that I didn't get to the spa or the dining rooms, which looked wonderful.

Room Tip: Stay at north side of hotel during construction. I had a city view, corner on the north side-- a gre...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Goforit59
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were at the Palms for a girls weekend and had 5 rooms. I like the vibe of the hotel, not too big. Our breakfast was awful - slow service, cold food and overpriced. We had a great server by the pool - Alex and the beach is gorgeous. 4 out of 5 of our rooms had hot water issues - different floors, so not sure what the problem is. I had to "negotiate" a credit of $150 off a $750 bill for two nights. Not what you expect from. $350 per night hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and providing this invaluable guest perspective on your experience at The Palms. I believe that the only way to improve one’s service is to truly listen to what our guests are saying and try to constantly improve; your input has proven an asset in this endeavor. I apologize for any inconvenience the lack of hot water may have caused you during your stay. I was pleased that you enjoyed the beach and had great service by the pool. Thank you again for this feedback, it allows us to evaluate service and standards for our guests and ensure a pleasant stay. We hope that next time your travels bring you back to Miami to welcome you again to The Palms!
With warm regards,
The Palms Hotel & Spa Team

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stumbled across this hotel last year at Christmas and absolutely fell in love with it. We decided to come again this year because we were really happy with the experience. We like the modern, yet laid back design of the hotel, the rooms, and the pool area which all give it a relaxing atmosphere. We have splurged each time to have an ocean view room and it was worth it! Great views from 6th floor upwards. The beach is just over the boardwalk and hotel guests have reserved lounge chairs and sun umbrellas. The hotel employees there helped find a good location and turned the chairs to how we wanted them and even provided us with reading material – a nice touch. All other employees are very friendly yet try to keep low-key and stay in the background until you need them. We like how everyone is quite international and comes from different countries. Breakfast has just about everything you need, while I would recommend eating dinner downtown Miami. Finally, the Aveda spa experience is really top. My boyfriend and I had a couples massage and additionally I had a pedicure/manicure. I can really say there is a great attention to detail in making you feel comfortable and getting your money’s worth. We also applaud the effort to use all natural products! Overall, if you come to Miami to relax and would like escape everyday stress, this is the place to come.
(I do have to mention that yes there is construction going on next door but if you are at the beach/pool all day, you are not bothered by it.)

Room Tip: Ocean View - it's worth it!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed at the Palms for the second time with my sister and mother. I had stayed there 8 years prior with my daughter and really enjoyed it so when I planned another trip to Miami it was a very comfortable choice to make. The beds, sheets and pillows were extremely comfortable which turned out to be quite important since my sister and I were sick for part of our vacation. The beach area just outside the property was beautiful and the chair and drink service on the beach was great! The pool was beautiful, clean and private. The maids were very friendly and accommodating and the valets were also prompt, courteous and friendly. The worst part of the trip was that the elevators broke down in our wing and when we tried to take the stairs we ended up having to walk through the catering kitchen. Another weird thing that took a bit of getting used to was the hand washing basin which was attached to the toilet. But, after getting used to it we kind of liked it. The hotel has a great small boutique hotel vibe and the location is great. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family