3,174 results
All reviewsaveda productssouth beachpool areaocean viewchairs and umbrellasbeautiful hotelcab rideoceanfront roomhotel restaurantprivate beachdirect access to the beachbeach servicevalet parkinglincoln roadbeach towelsweddingarmand
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I travel quite a bit, so I expect that the statistics of things going wrong with my hotel stay is high. This stay was highly unusual and I think reflects more than just statistical problems of things that can go wrong with a hotel stay. I think there are serious problems with the management of the property. Upon arrival, I was greeted promptly, checked in and taken to my room. After the bellhop left, I proceeded to unpack and take a shower. I entered the shower stall and I kid you not...there had to be hundreds of small gnats I assume) in the shower! So many that it looked like marble on the walls. I called the front desk to advise. A worker was sent and he literally got in the shower and attempted to swat them all. After 20 minuets he left. I went in and they were still there. So I asked to be moved. My next room seemed better, except that the air conditioner did not work properly. When I called to complain, I was told that the maintenance department was gone until morning. I asked to be moved again, which I was. This time I was upgrades to a beach view, but by now it was after midnight and I had a meeting the following morning, so I did not care about a view. There were two beds, I chose one, inspected it and went to sleep. On day of three of my stay I was joined by my best friend, she arrived and inspected the second bed. She found blood on the comforter and sheets. When I called to complain, the manger of housekeeping arrived and seemed completely baffled that I could stay in the room three days and not notice the blood. He stopped very short of accusing me of being responsible for the blood. I assured him I hadn’t touched the bed at all. That evening, I went down to see the manager; he refused to come to the front desk to speak with me but the representative offered me a freee drink at the bar. So there you have it. Stay here if you want to take a chance, as I will never again stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank jkps1
EBarkey, Guest Relations Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear Jkps1, I am truly saddened to hear about the disappointing experiences you encountered while being our guest. Clearly we fell short of your expectations and our promise to deliver genuine hospitality and thorough follow up for the circumstances surrounding your multiple guestroom changes during your stay. Guestroom functionality and cleanliness are top priority along with addressing our guests concerns and continuing to listen to our guests feedback as a means to continually improve. I would love to speak with you personally if you would be willing to give us another opportunity to regain your faith and loyalty in our property, guestrooms and service. Please contact me at ebarkey@thepalmshotel.com or 305-908-5450. I look forward to speaking with you soon and hopefully welcoming you back to the Palms Hotel & Spa as our guest. Sincerely, Elena

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Our stay at the Palms was great. We live in Miami and took the week off for a break. It was great to see that some parts of South Beach are still layed back, friendly and family oriented. The staff at this hotel is excellent, the grounds are beautiful, their spa is very good and the food is delicious. Yes, the food is a bit pricey but then again so is all of South Beach. I would definetely recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed four nights in late August. My family was on a shopping/beach mission, I had to work out of my hotel room. Recap:

Check-in: fast, no issues

Rooms: we got a corner room that was larger than I remember. Very nice. They have a strict policy on using their fridge and items are expensive. Buy a small cooler and go to the liquor store or small grocery store to two blocks to the right as you walk out of the hotel.

Hotel property: very nice and well kept. Yes, there is construction of a large building next to the hotel. Noise was there, but never ruined our day. I see a lot of complaints here which I somewhat understand. I would just add that the hotel website warns of this as do the TA reviews. You wouldn't blame a friend that invited you to stay at his house if there were constuction going on next door? Not much the hotel can do and can't be held responsible.

Hotel beach: nice beach with plenty of umbrellas, chairs and hotel waiting staff.

FYI 's: Valet parking $29.00 a day. There is a $12.00 daily resort fee per day. Review your bill at check out, we had several tiki bar items added to our bill on days we never set foot on the beach or pool. Likely an honest mistake.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
EBarkey, Guest Relations Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you for your recent stay and for giving us another opportunity to remind you why the Palms Hotel & Spa will hopefully remain your favorite Miami Beach hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again, but sooner next time! I do apologize for our billing error and am glad that was rectified quickly for you. Sincerely, Elena

Reviewed September 3, 2012

This hotel has a wonderful spa. I live in Miami and have gone to this spa a few different times for Ladies Day Out, Birthdays, Bridal Shower, etc. They have really talented aestheticians who know how to get the kinks out of your body. They also have really friendly service staff that help you get situated.

The only complaint I have is the size of their locker room, which can be quite tight on space when there are more than 2 people there at a time. Despite that, I keep going back.

It's a great all around spa experience starting upon your arrival on the property, which is truly an escape to relaxation (unlike most of the beach which is ultra-modren, hoity-toity). You get access to the beach and pool area when you use the spa, which makes it a perfect stay-cation location. They also often have specials and offer great discounts, so keep an eye out for it.

The spa is wonderful, the ambience is unmatched in Miami Beach, and the food and drinks, while expensive are really tasty.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Wandering Llamas, Thank you for being one of our loyal Miami Spa visitors and for sharing your in-spa-rations with everyone on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that you found our Aveda Spa experiences to be truly refreshing and as soon as you are in need of another ‘escape to relaxation’, please contact myself or Iliana Ortega, our Spa Director, for assistance. We look forward to welcoming you back time and time again! Elena

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We checked into The Palms after our disappointment with another hotel and were immediately impressed.

Front Desk:
Swift, efficient check in. One of the front desk assistants was able to make some good nightclub recommendations based on the type of music that my husband and I like.

Concierge:
Was very, very helpful. She suggested some restaurants, made the reservations and we thoroughly enjoyed them. She was spot on! also made arrangements for us to do some shopping.

Rooms:
Rooms were clean and very nicely decorated. Exceptional service.

Restaurant:
Food and service were excellent although a bit pricey.

Pros:
Attentive, efficient staff who were eager to help.

Cons:
Located a bit away from the action on South Beach (which may be a pro or con depending on your expectations).

Would stay at The Palms again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear guest, Although your reservation started out at another hotel, I am thrilled to hear that our dedicated team was able to turn an unfortunate situation into a lasting memory of true impressions. I will share your great comments with our Front Desk and Concierge, as although making guests experiences a reality is part of their jobs, it’s wonderful to hear from our guests about their genuine hospitality delivered each and every day. Thank you! I look forward to welcoming you back personally as our new found loyal Palms guest. Regards, Elena