“Miami Beach”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Territet, Vaud, Switzerland
“Miami Beach”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Very Good place and service, the rooms kind of small. The restaurant too expensive also the beach service anyways the sea view and the proximity to the beach is very good and makes easear to reach it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Marcela D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have stayed at the Palms for four nights on a Bachelorette party with 3 friends. My ocean view room was large and comfortable however my friends had a much better view from their room that was a few floors higher. By looking at the rooms you could think you are in a business hotel but by walking around in the lush garden you're definitely in a resort. I'm not sure if the business looking bedrooms are a plus for leisure travelers.
The food at the restaurant was good as well as service but it was overall over-priced.

The best thing about this hotel is the colonial/tropical feeling in the public areas and garden as well as the front desk staff. Stefano was able to communicate in every possible language and gave us the best restaurant and club recommendations in the city. He made this bachelorette party actually look like one thanks to its dedication and professionalism from check in to check out. Moise was also very knowledgeable about the city and its fun happening. Thumbs up for these two gentlemen.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
EBarkey, Guest Relations Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Debbie, I appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay experiences with us and I am even more delighted to hear that both Stefano and Moises at the Front Desk were able to make your stay truly memorable and everlasting. Our colleagues are our greatest asset and both of these gentleman are perfect examples of our teams dedication and commitment to excellence. We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thank you! Elena
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Palms Hotel August 24-26 for a family event. Check in was fine, but from the moment we entered our room on the 10th floor we knew we were in trouble. Starting with the bathroom (see photo). No human being could possibly be comfortable using the toilet. Not only in our room, but some other family rooms as well. One family member even said her toilet was built under the sink and whenever she flushed the faucets in the sink came on. My wife actually slid off the toilet since the seat was not even on tight. Even after we asked the hotel to fix it, they didn't. Next we went to Essencia for a late breakfast. Very expensive and the toast presented to my wife was stale and had to be sent back. Nights were impossible. There is absolutely no sound proofing that room of ours. All night long people were heard yelling up and down the halls. We called the front desk and spoke to Carlos several times throughout the night. He assured us security would take care of the noise. We did hear security come up once and ask them to keep it down. This lasted for about 10 minutes. We called again and asked if security could stay up there for a while. Carlos informed us that they only had 1 security guard for the entire hotel. Trust me they need many more than that. I don't think my wife and I slept more than an hour our entire stay! Same with many of our family on other floors as well. I was so tired that night, I felt I could use a massage by the pool the next day. Oh but wait! The weather forced the spa to cancel all the special rate massages outside and would not honor them inside. I sat by the pool anyway. It was cloudy but not raining. Finally when it was time to leave I asked the bellman if I could borrow a luggage cart. NO was the only answer I received. If you enjoy hotels where the standard room is smaller than a standard cruise line cabin, and the bathrooms even more compact, and the price of the room more than double what you would pay for an outside cabin on a luxury liner; a hotel where you can hear a pin drop outside your door, and you pay $29 per night to park your car, then this is the hotel for you! When I asked the rest of our family how their stay was the only answer I received was EXPENSIVE! and that was with our family event rate! Never again!

Room Tip: pick another hotel! A cell at the city jail would be better.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank drofbone
Dear Ormond Beach, We were absolutely honored to host your family event here at the Palms and I regret that your memories of the event were not of joyous times together in a beautiful setting, but rather of unfortunate noisy outside occurrences. I am truly disappointed to hear about your sleepless nights as our guest and I would love the opportunity to speak with you further regarding your past stay and experiences. Please contact me directly at ebarkey@thepalmshotel.com. Sincerely Elena
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed at the Palms for three nights and had interconnecting oceanview rooms - well worth the extra. Overall it is a good hotel, with high quality food and friendly and helpful staff. Our only niggle was that the rooms we eon the small side and were not very soundproof.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Travelphilosopher_12
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly especially at the tour desk. She organised tickets for us to the Miami Heat game at the last minute and provided us with great directions on how to get buses there. The rooms were very nice. Wish it was warmer as we would have been able to enjoy the pool. Great location on the beach and a bit of a walk to the shops but at least its a scenic walk along the boardwalk.
The breakie was great too with plenty of options.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed at the Palms Hotel & Spa from August 24-26. This was my first stay at the hotel and after my experience I would not consider any other hotel in the Miami area. The night manager David Ortigosa is a wonderful asset to the hotel. From the moment I checked in until the minute I left he was accomodating, wonderfully helpful and genuinely sincere. He accomodated my request to change my room upon my check in at 3 AM which was on the 4th floor (unlucky number in Asian culture) immediately. Unfortunately my trip was shortened due to Hurricane Issac, and Mr. Ortigosa coud not have been more accomodating.
Beautiful grounds, immaculately clean, terrific location and wonderful service. I highly recommend the hotel. I will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Daisy NY, I am thrilled to hear about your experiences with our Overnight Manager Carlos Ortigosa, as he is truly a wonderful asset to our team and we love knowing that he is here to assist our guests with a memorable experience, while everyone else is sound asleep. I have shared your comments at our monthly staff luncheon, as it is testament to the genuine hospitality which we strive to provide each and every day. Thank you for the recommendations and we all look forward to your return. Please contact me the next time your travels bring you back to Miami Beach. Sincerely, Elena
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was very upset with the additional daily charge tacked on to our bill at checkout. We were told it was for the pool/ beach/ towels...etc. However, during my stay I did not use either of these facilities and when I mentioned this I was told it's a mandatory fee. If that's the case this should have been added to the nightly room charge and then I could've made a proper decision if I want to spend that total price per night or not. The way it is done at the Palms is very underhand and should not be legal. I value honesty and this underhand way of earning money just makes me lose all respect for this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business