“Eye opener...”

Art Deco Walks
Ranked #2 of 140 Tours in Miami Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take the # 1 rated walking tour in South Beach! Marty & Paula are both accredited guides in the Art Deco Historic District & offer a variety of Art Deco walking & bike tours throughout the Miami Beach area. We take you on a journey of discovery as we show you the hidden secrets and gems that our wonderful slice of paradise has to offer. Tours are personalized to give you the ultimate historic, architectural and urban experience -- as well all the back stories from Carl ("Mr. Miami Beach") to Miami Vice and Versace. Marty & Paula are happy to meet you at your South Beach hotel to begin your tour, and will work with any special concerns, such as going to/coming from a cruise ship, so that you can experience first hand what makes Miami Beach the Art Deco capital of the world.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

There was a before the tour and after. A real eye opener. Not only we strongly recommend this tour but it better be done early in your trip to Miami beach. We just learned so much about the place history, people, architecture, design. Marty started asking questions about us and reused that info to personalise the tour. Many thanks Marty for an entertaining, interesting Tour. A&L

Marty M, Owner at Art Deco Walks, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

loves all the international visitors that we get to squire aound the Art Deco wonders of South Beach, and this couple (she, Estonia; he, Morocco) was no exception. We always begin, as the reviewer correctly notes, finding out a bit about our clients so we can better custome-make the tour experience for them. Some folks, it turns out, have actually lived in art deco homes! We then follow-up the tour with emailed "art deco highlights", which help remind people of the details of the buildings we looked at during their tour, and we even have a list of Marty & Paula's "restaurant picks" which we email to clients while they are here (or before they arrive) to help guide the choices of where to eat. We want to make each tour experience absolutely as delightful as we possibly can and, according to our reviews, we are succeeding!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Marty did a fabulous job. He is very knowledgeable and entertaining. This was a wonderful way to really get to know the history of South Beach, its culture and its architecture. We have lived and traveled in Florida for 40 years but had never been to South Beach. This tour was very personable and geared to our tastes. Marty gave us good suggestions for other things to do and places for lunch and for dinner. Much better choice than a tour from the Visitor Center. Rates were very reasonable.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

My wife and I spent a very interesting 90 minutes with Paula on the "Art Deco and more on Ocean Drive." She was very knowledgeable, intelligent, and well-spoken, with a nice sense of humor. We love to get the info and history behind what you see around you, it makes it much more interesting. Time and money well spent!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We had a personal tour with Paula a day after arriving in Miami Beach. Sadly, the famous sunshine did not make an appearance, but maybe this was no bad thing,as it was warm enough to enjoy the walking tour without overheating!
We spent a very enjoyable couple of hours learning about the history of the famous buildings,and discovering some of the secrets from the old days of prohibition.
Even if you only have a passing interest in the area and art & architecture, this is an excellent way to be introduced to the past and present of a really interesting place.
Thanks Paula, we had a great time.
Steve & Julie Norwich UK

Paula F, Owner at Art Deco Walks, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

I always love showing British people the delights of the Miami Beach Art Deco Historic District. I feel both incredibly lucky and proud to be able to call South Beach home. I never tire of the wonderful architecture, the beautiful beaches and the amazing true stories that have shaped our Million Dollar Sandbar and made it such a terrific place to visit! Thank you Steve and Julie, it was great to meet you both and I look forward to the next time you "come walk with us." Remember, Lincoln Road awaits and the stories are ....... well, you will have to come back and see ......

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I had the pleasure of a private tour with Marty yesterday. I was the only person attending and had him all to myself - which was quite a treat. Before we started he asked me about my interests and what I wanted to see since I was the only guest. I really appreciated his attention to detail and not wanting to repeat anything that I had seen on the Art Deco League tour last year (no repeats here!). Marty is easy to be with and incredibly knowledgeable about architecture. He told me many interesting stories and the history of the buildings and south Beach and the personalities that built it. We checked out some newly renovated hotel interiors and a few interesting store buildings. We even visited a parking garage which was fascinating. I highly recommend Art Deco Walks with Marty and Paula. We had a fun few hours together and it never felt boring or canned!

Marty M, Co-owner at Art Deco Walks, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Our Lincoln Road tour, with its eclectic mix of art deco and Mediterranean architecture, now flanked by two 21st century showstoppers (the Frank Gehry New World Symphony and the Herzog & de Meuron parking installation), is one of our most popular tours. It was also a pleasure to guide this Washington DC area interior designer through a half dozen stunning lobbies and interiors that were able to provide inspiration for her design work. Come check out this tour for yourselves and/or pair it with our ever popular Ocean Drive & Beyond tour.

Been to Art Deco Walks? Share your experiences!