“Good choice for Cuban food”

Havana 1957 Cuban Cuisine Espanola Way
Reserve with OpenTable
Havana 1957 Cuban Cuisine Espanola Way is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 1,137 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Welcome to Havana 1957, real and authentic Cuban flavors located at one of the most popular corners in South Beach; Espanola Way.
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Fun with great outside tables. Yes, perhaps a little pricier than necessary but this is true of so many of the restaurants in SoBe. The pork selections were yummy. Worth at least one meal.

Andrea P, General Manager at Havana 1957 Cuban Cuisine Espanola Way, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Hi, thanks for your review. We're verry happy and glad to hear you enjoyed your pork selection. We hope you can visit us again and try other dishes or drinks.

Best!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,662)

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Me and my husband ate at Havana for lunch. The Mojitos were very good, and the sandwiches we had ( we both had steak sandwiches) were delicious! The wait staff was very friendly and nice. It was a bit pricey, but most of the south beach restaurants are overpriced. At least here the food was worth it! We liked it so much we went back for breakfast, it was really good. We both ordered the traditional breakfast with orange juice and it was good. My only regret is that I didn't get a chance to eat dinner here! Whenever we are in Miami we will be back!

Hello Emi, thank you for an excellent review. We're glad you enjoyed your lunch, your drinks and breakfast. You can visit us anytime so you have dinner with us. Hope to see you soon!

Regards

Reviewed February 14, 2013

You can not go to Miami and not eat Cuban food!!! I got my fix at Havana 1957! The food and drinks were great! I had the carne asada, rice, beans and tostones! We were a large party and the service was good. Small restaurant, so make a reservation. The area around the restaurant is really fun too!

Hello mkini, thanks for reviewing us! We're really happy to hear you had a great time at Havana 1957 and enjoyed your carne asada, rice, beans and tostones. Hope to see you again very soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed February 13, 2013

My wife and I ate here on a Thursday night and the place was jammed. And rightfully so. The staff was in constant motion to keep all those customers satisfied. Our server, Romel, was very friendly and professional. The food was great. I had grilled chicken with lime and black beans, which was delicious. The portion was overly generous. My wife had the chicken fricasee, which she also reported delicious. On Romel's recommendation I had the Miami-brewed "Cuban" beer, Hatuey, which was decent but not exciting. However I did manage to drink two with no difficulty. Prices were very reasonable. Romel recommended that we had to try the flan--he was right and we're glad we did.

Andrea P, General Manager at Havana 1957 Cuban Cuisine Espanola Way, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Hello Robert, thanks for taking the time to review us. We're pleased to know you really enjoyed your dinner. We hope you can visit us again very soon!

Best

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Last night I was invited to Havana 1957. Located in Espanola Way, the most colorful part of South Beach. I had heard mixed reviews about this restaurant and now I understand why. This is as authentic as you can get to real Cuban food, the preparation of the plates are exactly as they do in Cuba, what does that mean? It means that you will get the full flavor; to some it will taste a bit salty, not hot but very well seasoned. I tried the House special, Roasted chicken in Cuban gravy, white rice, plantains and black beans. The plate was served on a clay dish, and the flavors were amazing. My companions tried the Churrasco and ropa vieja, delicious. The mojitos were tasty and the rum runner kicked my butt. A nice local spot, not fancy but very quaint. A mix of tourists and locals. Havana 1957 is the perfect place for a taste of real Cuban cuisine. Nice casual atmosphere in the heart of the Art Deco District.

Hello, thanks for your review. We're pleased to know you enjoyed your food and that we could fulfill your expectations and more. Hope to see you soon