New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #77 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We loved this hotel. We went down to attend a wedding across the street. The Red was very vibrant and fun in decor. The outside lounge area and pool were very clean and comfortable. The staff could not be more friendly and helpful, even while the out up with my wife and screwing up our room keys about 4 times in 4 hours(long but funny story). Our room was beautiful and always clean, the room was small but we were there for the wedding and the beach and really only needed enough room to sleep and shower.( i prefer this over wasting money on wasted space we don't need). The location great right across the street to the beach and boardwalk and just a block or 2 from a little grocery store with the best lunch counter(great food large portions and cheap) We will be back the next time we go to south beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RedHotel, Front Office Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed the hotel amenities. Our outside lounge area and pool are a place of escape. We will communicate your acknowledgement to our team members. We offer pristine rooms for your to relax and enjoy. Our location to ideal for exploring and discovering the Magic City! We hope to see back soon at Red South Beach.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Greek first
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

The hotel was beautiful when we got there we were upgraded to a suite,because the rooms were full,we didn't complain:) the staff was very nice and hotel very clean,also food was good we had breakfast and it was tasty.parking is a bit of a prob,but once you do find parking the trick is to pay it up for the day and it goes to the next morn around 8 am (note they reaiiy didn't check the meters) close to the beach,the hotel will give you a big beach towel and chairs upon request. we were there for the music fest, so we took car service to 8 st only cost 10 dollars that included tip.watch some of the cabbies like to take there time and go around the mulberry bush,its a straight run down collins to most happening spots. leave your car parked for parking where all the action is, is a pain.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Clifton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have stayed at the Red South Beach htel each year for a total of 4 years. One summer i stayed twice.. Recently i booked a trip through the website and paid n full. When i arrived, i was checked in by Marianna ( a hispanic lady with braces) who appeared to be irritated. I assumed the irritation was work related and did not take it personally. Marianna stated that there was an 89. fee upon check in. I was familiar with the 50. deposit which is returned upon check out but questions the 89. Marianna had an attitude rushed me and began to get smart with me. I asked for Charlie (a friendly woman) who is always there. Charlie was initially friendly but when i asked to have our room changed, she became irritated. The second room had a huge dead roach in the center of the room, the toilet was nasty and had rings of dirt inside, there was a dead bug on our window and house keeping didnt come on our second day until our second call to the front desk...Ive always had a great experience at this location but to pay 600 for 3 nights and to be treated like i was being done a favor by the staff, made me unahppy. Needless to say, i won't be coming back... I hoped this helped autumnllee@gmail.com

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
8 Thank Latrece H
East Lansing, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

My friend and I stayed here in April for a girl's weekend.

Location:
We wanted to be in SOBE so we could go to the beach, go out to clubs and walk around. The beach was across the street, we were very close to Fontainebleau/clubs, and we walked the 5 miles to Nikki Beach. The 5 mile walk was beautiful on the beach, and the taxi cab ride back was cheap.

Staff:
The hotel staff was super friendly, and was always willing to help us when we had questions.

Rooms:
Our room was a corner room, so I think it was slightly larger than the average room, but it still closely resembled the room in the 360 view on their website. The walls are relatively thin- we got a call from the front desk asking us to turn down our television at night. The bed was really comfortable and the room was clean. We could have used more lighting in the room, but not a big deal.

We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

I didn't really know what to expect because they had both good and bad reviews . But once my stay was over, I realized my good definitely overpowered the bad. If your looking to stay somewhere and on a budget this is the place to go. It's not the best but its a great stay with outstanding workers, rooms , restaurant and pool area.

• Stayed April 2013
CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for a wedding and I was very pleased with my decision. I arrived at the hotel early and was welcomed by a professional staff. Charlie was fantastic and should be reconized by her boss. I understand that some of the rooms are a little outdated, but not my room :). The building is being upgraded. What do you expect complainers? The price was affordable and I can't wait to go back next year for my honeymoon. Thanks for the bottle Charlie. Alonzo & Fabiana R. GREAT JOB RED SOUTH BEACH HOTEL!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RedHotel, Front Office Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Phenomenal! Charlie is a rock star, thank you for recognizing her. The Red South Beach lifestyle enhances and not defines. We take pride in providing our guest with a boutique hotel experience. We are currently adding modern touches to the room fixtures. We truly value your business and feedback. We are looking forward to your return. If I may be of assistance on our future stay, please contact me at: Miriam@redsouthbeach.com.
Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Wow..don't let the photos fool you. Run down and shows it's age! Ant infestation problem for sure! Decor is neat but many upgrades needed. Our room stayed about 80-82 degrees all night long. A/C couldn't keep up. I called the desk at midnight to ask why I couldn't put the air setting below 72 and he stated it is preset....no going below that. Uncomfortable nights sleep to say the least! The elevator was very sketchy and very slow. Two things I will say...is that the in house restaurant was fabulous! Very good food and the only reason I'm giving it an average rating. Also, Charlie (female) at the front desk was super friendly and helped us with tour info. She gets 5 stars!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple