“To be recommended”

Red South Beach Hotel
Ranked #64 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The Red Hotel represents good value for money. The room was quirkily furnished, in keeping with the rest of the hotel, was clean and comfortable. The small bathroom was also spotless. The staff were extremely polite and friendly. It was easy to bus or take a cab into other districts, the beach was close by and the airport shuttle bus practically stops outside. My sister and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
RedSouthBeachHotel, Public Relations Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Lisa S,
Thank you so much for this honest and great review. Come back to see us for your next stay in Miami thus you will see the new elevators and the new pool ! Have a nice week

There are newer reviews for Red South Beach Hotel

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I had a room reserved for Sept 1, check in time was 3:00 pm, I arrived at noon, they did not have a clean non-smoking king bed room ready yet, I left and came back at 3:00 pm, still not ready, set in the lobby for 50 minutes while watching other guests check in, finally went to the desk to find out why we could not check in, they told me they still did not have a clean non-smoking king bed room ready, after 3 hours they should have a room cleaned, they ended up giving me a king bed room on a smoking floor, the room did not smell, but the toilet ran all night and I knocked my head on the shower wall while setting on the toilet and knocked my head on the wall looking for toilet paper, not a good start at all!! Then I was not allowed to turn the thermostat down below 70°, I was warm sleeping that night. Then to make up for the delay they gave me complimentary breakfast vouchers, when we tried to use them the next morning it was for a certain item, did not mention on the voucher it was limited, so I ended up paying $6.00 for what I thought was a free breakfast. The door greater named Andrew was very helpful and the other greaters were also nice. Check in was a nightmare!!!

Room Tip: check the bathroom to see if there is enough room to move around in
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2012

i'll keep it short- dirty carpet in depressing rooms. the rooms seemed dirty, rent-by the hour, and dated, tired-looking furniture with dings and scuffs. horrendously depressing fluorescent overhead lighting in the bathroom. horrifying service- forgotten wake up calls, forgotten valet requests (twice in two days), front desk staff unable to multi-task. the bellmen were okay, but were at the mercy of the incompetent front desk staff. do yourself a favor and do not stay here!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
RedSouthBeachHotel, Public Relations Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear Mischagu,
It would seem that you posted this review to the wrong hotel. Our hotel does not have changing rooms, the rooms are very clean and certainly not rented by the hour, our furniture is wide awake (not tired), we do not have any bathrooms with florescent lighting and as seen in most other reviews our team provides great service to our guests. I am sorry about your experience when you stayed in Miami. We don’t like to here about anyone not having a great time when they visit our city. If you come back to Miami stay with us – we will take care of you.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was in this hotel in August a double booking on the internet. As also confirmed in other reviews the hotel in fact the site looks more beautiful than it is in reality. The furnishings are nice but the cleanliness inaccurate. The breakfast is good and the staff is very nice but I would not feel to recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fernandinonino
RedSouthBeachHotel, Public Relations Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear Fernandinonino,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of the hotel. We grant an important consideration to pictures and videos published on our website that’s the reason why we update them each month. Thus, our clients can’t be disappointed. We hope that when you’ll come back to Miami, you will find a hotel that will satisfiy your expectations. Have a nice week

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Upon entering the lobby your thinking great things are to come. Well, just average would be more like it. Everything is red and white which is eye catching and for the most part clean. The pool is small but enough room to swim outdoors and only till the dusk. The elevators are noisy and one of the two will work. No chairs in the room make it very uncomfortable as you have to sit on the bed at all times. Not much room for anything and the fridge is in the closet. As for location, not the best. It's about 1 block from the beach but 13 blocks from Ocean Drive and shopping. As for getting to and from the airport, there is a $2.00 bus that runs each way. Overall it was clean, the bed was comfy and there were towels.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jackie S

Dear Jackie S,
Thank you for your review. Concerning the elevators, we are beginning a complete modernization of both elevators beginning in September. Regarding the location of the hotel, our website states (as well as the traveler agencies) that the property is located at the gateway of South Beach. You can take a cab, (it costs around $8) or rent a decobike ($1.50 per hour) or walk and enjoy the architecture of South Beach or the wonderful way bounding the ocean. Some people appreciate to be at the gateway others prefer being in the heart of South Beach. Have a nice week

Reviewed August 21, 2012

My lady and I stayed here in July with another couple . Im not gonna bore you with talks of our vaca, But to get to the point it was by far one of the best hotels stays I've had. Im a professional DJ and stay in a lot of hotels and can tell you I have had some horrible stays.But not this time RED is the bomb. From the sec. you get there they make sure you are taken care of. The prices are reasonable not super south beach. The food is off the hook. Met the chef dude works his [--] off to make sure your satisfied. The owner was that humble guy you would never know was the owner. With all the flashy types in south beach that is very rare. So in all if your looking for a nice spot to stay on your vaca to MIA check them out 1st. They wont let you down. Thanks RED Ill be back soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Dvdjdread,
So delighted to hear your stay was amazing and that you enjoyed the restaurant and the facilities. We hope to see you back soon ! Have a nice week

Reviewed August 19, 2012

This hotel was up to par with decor and service certainly. The gentleman were extremely helpful with our luggage on arrival and departure. We were a group of 11 total. The bar has a nice evening cocktail that's "free." Just remember to take your bills down to tip. There is a beautiful dining area near the lobby but we never ate there. Never checked out the pool but large enough to lay out around - not really a lap pool. Were I not into the liveliness that is classified as "South Beach" I would certainly stay here again. I don't blame the hotel though as I happened to be staying with a group and had no say in choice of location. Anyone who is wise enough though can read that 3000 block means about 13 or so down from the main area with all the restaurants including Lincoln street and the main beach.

Other than the elevator being broken once (promptly fixed), I had no complaints with our stay. Got my money's worth. The only place for a quick eat is the Subway nearby. Otherwise, there is an amazing restaurant at the Palms Hotel and Spa across the street with a wonderful patio/restaurant that we just walked into. Their mimosas were yummy and so was the lunch menu. I wish I had tried Red South Beach dining to give an honest opinion but oh well.

Check out Albion closer to the main area though... stayed there in 2008. If you care about "location, location, location," then check it out!

Room Tip: bathrooms are tiny but plenty of dresser space in room to get ready
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Ticachica,
Thank you so much for your kind review. It has been a pleasure for us to take care of you and your group. For the elevators, we are beginning a complete modernization of both elevators beginning in September. And during your next visit to Miami, please, try the restaurant. The food is really delicious. And we will once again have the pleasure to see you. Have a nice week