“Excellent STAY! <3 It!”

Ranked #77 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent STAY! <3 It!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I never write reviews but I must say do to the bad reviews which give this cute little hotel a skeptical cognition i want to say how much we LOVED it! My girlfriends and I had a blast!

Not only is it in the heart of south beach - closed to everything (you do NOT need a car) but it also has a great friendly services.

The room we stayed was clean and comfy ( eco-friendly) - I would deft, stay here again!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Hungarian first
ohio
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Hotel chelsea was mediocre at best but still would recommend being that the location was great. Close and walking distance to the strip and the beach. Rooms were ok, needs a little updating. Atmosphere was nice, had happy hour daily @ 7pm where drinks were free. Actually one of the nicer boutiques in that area.

Room Tip: Daily hotel charge
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mia9980
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Hello mia9980,

We would like to thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience with us! I am glad that you found the location of our property to be great!!! :) We are just blocks away from the strip and from everything else you will want to do while in South Beach! I see that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8PM. Perfect time to mingle around and get to know your temporary neighbors.

princeton, nj
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The hotel is small and chic and looks up to date. The rooms were cozy and small. Bathroom was tiny but clean and chic as well. The only issue with this hotel is that the walls and ceilings are not insulated and you can hear the person next to you sneeze and people walking on the floor above. That sucked because I was woken up several times by someone's footsteps and noise from above floor. There is no pool or fitness center at this hotel.

1 Thank jamempress
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Hello there jamempress,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! We are indeed a boutique hotel therefore our rooms are a bit smaller then your average hotel. I see that you were content with the cleanliness of the hotel as well as the decor that we have. I will definitely mention this to the General Manager so that she is aware of your feedback! Unfortunately we do not have a pool nor a fitness center at our hotel. We do offer discounted passes to one of the hottest gyms in South Beach.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This stylish gem is 2 blocks from the beach! The rooms are comfortable and clean. I have no compliants. I would recommend to anoyone that wants to be right in the mix and within walking distance to shopping, restaurants, and the BEACH!

1 Thank MelanieK77
Good Evening MelanieK77,

Thank you so much for the time you took to provide us with your honest feedback! I am glad to read that you had a nice time while staying with us. I see that you were content with the cleanliness of your room, as well as how comfortable it was. We are located just blocks away from the beach, and from all the action. We hope to see you soon!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The worst hotel I ever stayed in, the room was small no locks on the inside door. The second day I was there I put the do not disturb sign on the door but house keeping kept knocking on the door , the 2 day the came in ,lucky I caught the door I was naked getting read to take a shower ,can they not see the do not disturb sign, no vending machine high price food in the room. Also there is a $100 deposit you have to pay at time of check in, the only good thing about this hotel was it by south beach and clubs. Never again will I stay there.

Room Tip: None to say
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Tracy C
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Good Evening Tracy C,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience with us! We take our guests comments very serious and though it pains us to hear that your experience was not positive, we see every opportunity as a chance to learn and to grow. I will definitely make sure to inform the General Manager about the issue that you experienced with the housekeeper and the "Do Not Disturb" sign. It is completely unacceptable for them to not take that sign into consideration and totally ignore it. I am extremely sorry about that inconvenience! Just like every other hotel we do take a hold for incidentals- just in case that something is damaged in the room. The hold is released as soon as you check out with us. I am terribly sorry that you did not have an amazing time, we would love to make it up to you!

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I just got back from Miami and stayed at Hotel Chelsea from Thursday - Sunday. The hotel was awesome - modern look, very spacious and right in the heart of South Beach. Additionally, Martiel Pedroso was SO helpful and sweet with accommodating us and making sure we had everything we needed everyday. Ask for him if you have questions or need anything extra in your room! He is the sweetest! I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank nikkinaj
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hello there nikkinaj,

Thank you so much for taking your time to provide us with your honest feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We are extremely glad to read that you had such an excellent time and that you would recommend us! :) We do go for a modern look with our decor and I am content that you liked our style. We are in the heart of South Beach and close enough to all the action when you want to experience it. Martiel is absolutely amazing and all of our guests seem to think so as well. I will make sure to inform him of your kind praise! He is able to resolve any situation and assist guests with whatever it is that they need. We hope to see you soon!

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I must say, I was skeptical about staying at Hotel Chelsea because of the negative reviews, however I'm glad that I based my decision on the positive reviews because I absolutely LOVED my stay at Chelsea! I stayed in room 104 which is the XL King suite. To my surprise, the room was very spacious and had a living area with a very nice bar and stereo. It's within walking distance to EVERYTHING also! I never write reviews and no one is paying me to write this one, I just felt the need to let everyone know how great this hotel is. My room was clean, there was very minimal noise considering it's the room by the bar and the staff was great! I will definitely stay here again and again and again!!!!

Room Tip: Please only read the positive reviews!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Hello there Javonne S,

There is absolutely nothing that we love to see more then feedback such as yours! :) I am extremely glad that you were able to oversee the negative comments and give us a chance! We are just blocks away from everything that you will want to do while visiting South Beach! We can't wait to have you stay with us again and again! :)