1. There is a 16.75$ extra fee. this may come as suprise for many. Management should really change it and add it either to their hotel fee or remove it. this is so stupid in 21st century to have hidden fees.
This is a useless fee since they claim some benefits, which are not used my most people. This is a great negative.
2. The desk staff doesn't know how to explain stuff. There is a 100$ deposit. FOR WHAT?!! yes they keep some chips,choclates and water and wine in your room, if you touch it they charge. a huge price tag for cheap items for eg. bottle of water is 3.50$ vs whole can of 12 litres of water in a safeway is 3.50$
3. They gave us different rooms than they told us.
4. PARKING - is a big pain. they dont have parking. street parking is EXPENSIVE and HARD to FIND
5. Hotwire will book you here, dont fall for cheap price. it is not cheap.
6. Shower not working / broken.
7. Lift is slippery with some things spilled.
8. Cable TV won't work
9. Lobby is loud
Hotel rooms are very very nice! if they remove atleast 2 pains from above 5, i will give them a 4 star.
Hotel has a nice location
Hotel is very spacious and two seperate beds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Chelsea in Miami Beach is a 1936 luxury Art Deco gem that sits in the center of it all on Washington Avenue. Enjoy the South Beach Miami scenery from our patio while you have drinks from the bar, or a bite to eat from our restaurant. If you want to bathe in the Miami sun, we are just 2 blocks from Ocean Drive and the sands of the beach. For all your nightlife needs, the Chelsea is a short walk up or down the street from most South Beach nightclubs. This South Beach boutique hotel has been updated with Feng Shui accents for your comfort and pleasure. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $20.00 plus tax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chelsea Hotel Miami Beach
- Hotel Chelsea Miami
- Chelsea Miami Beach