Hotel Chelsea
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Astor(Miami Beach)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Princess Ann Hotel(Miami Beach)
Viscay Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Shelley(Miami Beach)
  • Bar/Lounge
Clinton Hotel South Beach(Miami Beach)
Sherbrooke Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Beachfront
Essex House(Miami Beach)
1,284 results
All reviewshappy hoursouth beachfree drinksfree shuttletwo blocksrooms are smallocean drivelocation is greatlobby barspring breakbartendermiamiclubsstereomirrornightlifeuber
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Hotel itself was nice, I liked the decor. However, the staff was not very friendly or accomodating. From the time we arrived we had issues with the free shuttle (whcih apparently is only free if you are using the Miami airport and not the Ft. Lauderdale airport!), we booked through priceline.com so we did not know about the resort fee until we arrived! We were told the fee included Happy hour, FREE shuttle ride to and from the airport, and free beach towels! You had to sign a waiver when you received the beach towels, saying that if they were not returned you would be charged $15, but according to them it is included in the RESORT FEE!!! The staff did not want to bring us more towels, we were told it was illegal to eat our food on the patio! Which we clearly witnessed other guests doing so. Also, the music was played loudly til ALL hours of the morning which made it hard to rest! Whenever we wanted to speak to a manager, it was never one on duty. When we wanted to know the name of a staff member, the other staff would say they did not know, one of the biggest problems was that the staff was also very young and immature. It was a host of small things, that made our visit very unpleasurable. I have made it my duty to tell others about this hotel. I also looked at there rating and realized that they were only rated 3 stars by other guests, that explains a lot, and honestly that's too high!

Room Tip: Don't visit this place!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Good Afternoon Michelle,

We know that your time is valuable, so we thank you for posting your honest feedback! I am terribly sorry to read that you did not find our staff to be friendly or accommodating! Our staff is always eager to provide you with excellent service, I will definitely mention this to our front desk manager. On Priceline it clearly states that "13 % TAX is excluded. A city tax is not applicable USD 16.95 service charge per night is excluded." We do charge the guests if the towels are not returned. We have noticed in the past that our towels go missing very often, and we have to constantly buy new ones. During the hours that the restaurant is operating we do not allow guests to eat their own food on the patio. The restaurant utilizes the space on the patio for their paying customers. We are able to get you to speak with a manager while they are on duty or by phone when they are off duty. Our managers are on call 24/7. All of our staff even to our room attendants wear name tags. Unless while you were staying with us, no one was wearing their name tag. Our staff is young, knowledgeable, driven and are eager to provide our guests with excellent customer service! We do appreciate your feedback! Thank you!

Have a great day!

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Terrible experience and all the reviews complaining about loud music in the lobby till all hours are as true as the comments about the totally careless staff. It's the price of a boutique hotel with the service and style of a youth hostel. Hugely disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Burkerobin
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Hello Burkerobin,

Your honest feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you so much for taking your time to share it with us! I am terribly sorry that you did not have an amazing time while staying with us! Our staff cares about each and every one of our guests. We want to all make sure that our guests leave our hotel having had an amazing time! I would love for you to give us another chance! Please let me know if you would like to do that. I look forward in hearing from you!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Inept staff, dingy rooms, but worst of all, live disco music in the lobby until after midnight, reverberating through those dingy rooms. And well after midnight the loud (though not live) music continued. Would only recommend to my worst enemy. We checked out a day early and went to an admittedly more expensive but lovely hotel with great service.

Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank MargheritaDante
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Good Afternoon MarcheritaDante,

Your honest feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you so much for taking your time to share it with us! I am extremely sorry to know that you did not have an amazing time while staying with us! We do play music in the lobbies but this music should be lowered after a certain time! I am definitely going to make sure that the front desk manager is aware of this. I am sorry that your experience with us not amazing! Our goal is to have each and every guest leave our hotel with amazing unforgettable memories!!!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I recently stayed at the Chelsea hotel for a 3 day vacation. While I was there the service was below par and the accommodations were not so bad there was no food. Even though the kitchen was supposedly open no food was served on premises. I ordered something from the kitchen only for it to come 45 mins later from another location.

The hotel offers free wifi which is a load of crap because it barely works even from the patio or the lobby as the rather rude front desk agent suggested. Finally there is happy hour which serves well liquor but guess can't be so bad because its free. Thank god for the bartender Gina she was polite, funny, energetic and awesome. She gave me recommendations on places to eat shop and party. She signed me up for the pre party and I had a good time for the money I paid .

I work In hospitality and aside from my bartender I would rate this hotel at a one. Get a new staff !! And new bedding.

Room Tip: Beware, unless ur going for a drink stay away from Chelsea hotel
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Hello DeepG01,

Thank you for your honest feedback, we greatly appreciate it! I am terribly sorry that you did not get amazing service while staying with us! Food is not included in your reservation. We do offer WiFi in our guest rooms. The signal isn't as strong in the lobby as it is in the rooms. I see that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary cocktail hour, and you were served by Gina. She is a great employee and all of our guests love her! She knows a lot about the area and is able to give great information about all the things happening in the area.

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Here on business booked by travel agent. Not sure what she was thinking. Terrible hotel for business or holiday. Rooms are dark and remind me of staying in a cave. The wifi service is very poor. Don't stay here unless you like the atmosphere of a hostel. Staff seem friendly (the only positive note). Not recommended. Miami Beach is undeservingly expensive, so if you can't stay in a nice place you might reconsider staying here at all. This hotel will likely disappoint any seasoned traveler use to at least a 3 star. This is a 1 star hotel at best. No place to park a car and I did not eat here, (did not want to take the chance).

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank jcrreid
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Good Afternoon Jcrreid,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with your honest feedback! I am sorry that you did not have an amazing time while staying with us! We do provide lamps for those guests who need to illuminate their rooms a little more. Were you able to speak with the front desk about providing one to you? I am sorry but we do not have the atmosphere of a hostel. We are a 3 star hotel that provides such service. I am very glad that you found our staff to be friendly! They are always eager to assist you and I am glad that is what you were given! We do offer valet parking for a fee. The attendants are standing right outside ready to assist you.

Have a great day!