My husband and I just returned from a 3 night stay at this hotel after exchanging our timeshare, and we had an entirely enjoyable stay. The rainy weather not withstanding, our time at this small Hilton property was well spent.
The hotel is located on Ocean Drive between 14th and 15th street, directly across from the public beach and park. Location was spectacular - we could walk to the beach, shopping, dining, and nightlife, but it was far enough away from the truly "happening" section of Ocean that we could retire to our rooms and sleep peacefully if we chose to do so, without being bothered by street noise. Since this is one of the original Art Deco boutique hotels, there aren't many amenities to speak of, but they do disclose that quite frankly on the website. The lobby is cute, with a front desk, coffee bar, and computer nook. There is a roof-deck and hot-tub on top of each building (the hotel is 2 small buildings next to each other), and there is also a very small gym, and laundry facilities. No restaurant or pool, but being across the street from the beach and offering a limited room service menu, this really wasn't an issue.
We stayed in a 1-bedroom suite, which was a really nice size for 2 people (it can sleep 4, but it would've been a bit crowded). There's a full kitchen, a breakfast bar, a living area, a separate bedroom, and a large bathroom in about 600sf. The rooms are done up nicely with Art Deco inspired decor, and everything was clean. Note that there are only 3 rooms in the Ocean Plaza building (not sure how many in the other building) that face the street. So, even though it's across from the ocean, most rooms have no view. One complaint - the bed frame was ridiculously wobbly, and every time you so much as rolled over, the whole bed shook. The bedding was comfortable, but it would've been better had it not moved so much.
Check in and check out were both timely, pleasant, and hassle free. When we checked in, they put us in the wrong room, but realized and rectified the problem before we got in the elevator. Everyone was very nice and treated us well. My only complaint would be that there was no housekeeping included in the stay. I understand not cleaning every day, but maybe every other day? And, if you wanted housekeeping, it was $30, which I thought was outrageous.
The front porch and roof deck were both small but comfortable places to people watch or sunbathe. The hot tub was clean and very hot, and the gym was well air-conditioned and neat. This hotel was everything we needed with nothing more, and was a great choice for a long weekend in Miami Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Grand Vacations at McAlpin-Ocean Plaza enjoys a premier address on Ocean Drive in the heart of the world-renowned Art Deco District of Miami Beach. Known for its local hot spots and activities, your anticipated South Beach experience will be full of sun-soaked beaches, trendy boutiques, and pulsating nightlife, and all just steps from your private front porch. Cross Ocean Drive and you'll find yourself on white sand beaches fringed by tropical palm trees and highlighted by the mesmerizing blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean. The one and two bedroom suites at the hotel reflect the historical elegance and timeless appeal of this classic motif which makes South Beach one of the most unique of all destinations. Each suite is tastefully inspired by the colors and designs of the Art Deco era and features a well-equipped kitchen with a stove top, microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster, and all utensils. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hilton Hotels Direct, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Grand Vacations at McAlpin-Ocean Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club At South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Hilton Hotel Miami Beach
- Hilton Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club Miami Beach
- Hilton Vacations Club Miami