“Very NICE!”

Ranked #91 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Dillon, Colorado
“Very NICE!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My mom and I loved this place! Eveyone is so nice and helpful. Rooms are clean. Shopping nearby. The bus is out front that can take you where you wanna go (shopping, airport, ext...) for $2.00. The boardwalk behind the hotel is nice for walking too. Beach is nice blue water white sand. Theres a little strip mall about a block south with a cafe that has great red snapper on the menu for $8 the liquer store is there too if you drink buy something there and make your own cause the resort bar is very expensive. This resort adds the tip on any food or drinks you order which is ok if you know before hand. I loved this place and can't wait to go back :)

Room Tip: I had oceanfront on the 5th floor very nice
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank travelgrl777

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We went on a Cruise out of Miami that returned on 12/23/2012 and wanted to extend our stay and leave on Christmas. After looking online for several days we decided on this hotel. When we got there we were treated wonderfully. We were on a non-smoking floor and the first night noticed a strong cigarette smoke smell that got stronger as the night went on. We had a room that had an adjoining door and the people next door were smoking. When I told the front desk about it the next day they offered to move us to a better room (and said the smokers would be fined). Somehow my wallet got mixed in with the towels on the day of departure but after several calls I was told the laundry staff found it. The hotel manager kindly mailed it to me. Pool was nicest we saw within a 30 min walk both north and south. Easy to get a cab.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank grandpashep
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I'm really not in the mood to write a review, but I believe it is important to document my experience. My two biggest issues were dirty rooms and bad customer service.

CONS:
1. There was numerous "bed" bugs (bugs in the bed and on our curtains).
2. We were offered an upgrade away from construction, but told that we would have to pay an additional $150 to be placed in a different room. Sure we said...but then we were told that they would only accept cash! Hmmm, very shady. No thanks.
3. Even though I told the front desk staff that I was celebrating my birthday at their hotel, they still gave us a bad room. Our room smelled like smoke, had stains in bathroom, and our television did not work. Thankfully, we were able to move to a nonsmoking floor which smelled a lot better. The sleeping arrangements were not horrible, but they were not comfortable either. Beds were uncomfortable and I guess seeing bugs is what really threw me for a loop.
4. Service was terrible. I don't want to say that we were treated poorly because of our race; however, my husband, my mother, my best friend, and I were treated differently than the people from European decent.

Pros:
1. The buffet was great! Great variety and tasty food.
2. The pool area was nice and access to the beach was great.
3. 24-hour pool access.

One reviewer commented that there is free parking for someone with a handicap placard. My mother is handicapped and it was nice to find street parking instead of spending $80 total in parking fees.

Wish I had not spent as much money as I did for this hotel. Very displeased.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 5, 2013

RIU Florida Beach is one of the beach front properties. I have been in Miami many times and stayed in several different hotels. I have to admit the RIU is the best of them. Most of the hotels in the part of Florida are boutiques - very small, dark and not really resort like.
RIU is the large hotel with a nice size swimming pool and garden. I like the fact the parking was cheap - $ 20 per day is nothing compare with other places.
RIU is a 3+ resort but you can find over there everything what you need on the vacation.Rooms are big and clean. Beds are very comfortable. I like the light colors and the ocean view rooms have a spectacular view for the water and the beach.
The real surprise was the restaurant. I don't like all inclusive hotels and the buffet restaurants because the food in those places for the most of the time is cheap and not really tasty.
RIU has a buffet for the breakfast and buffet for the dinner. The breakfast was very, very good. You can't get those kind of choices for $ 17 in any restaurants in Miami. We like so much the breakfast we decided to eat dinner in the hotel also.
The dinner was FANTASTIC and really affordable - $ 23 per person. Again it was a buffet but the quality of the food was beyond the standard food. Everything was delicious - from the salmon, cheeses, fruits, breads or fresh prepare pasta.
RIU is a really good place for the quiet vacation with the option for the great nightlife.
I would recommend this for everyone who don't need to impress anyone on the holidays - just have a good time :-)

Room Tip: the best rooms are the ocean view with the balcony - you need the have the 5 floor up to be able to...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Larimer, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I were looking for an all inclusive hotel in Florida for our one year anniversary back in 2011. The travel agent suggested th Riu Florida Beach Hotel. When we drove up their drive we were greeted immediately by a friendly team member ready to take our keys and park our car in a nearby garage. This costs a small fee but for us it is well worth it as our anniversary is Saint Patrick's Day and spring break is also that week so parking on Collins is impossible. The staff in the hotel were all wonderful. They answered all our questions and were informative about the surrounding area. Our room was beautiful, spacious and clean. The food selection for breakfast and dinner was amazing. There was nothing we found that we didn't like. The pool area is beautiful,clean and well kept. We enjoyed soaking up the Florida sun daily. This property sits directly on the beach all you have to do is go out the gate pass the pool area and cross over the boardwalk to the beautiful manicured beach. The water is a clear blue and perfect for an afternoon swim. The only down side is that the hotel doesn't offer beach chairs to its guests, however, there is a gentelman that wrksp the beach selling chairs and umbrellas for the day. Evening is a magical time at th Riu . The lights are on in the pool and everyone is enjoying dinner at their amazing buffet. After dinner a walk on the boardwalk is always romantic. You can walk all the way to south beach if you wanted. The beaches where we stayed are quiet and calm unlike hustle of South Beach. The Riu offers entertainment in the lounge area in the evenings. It's nice to sit back and enjoy a singer or band out on the patio with a drink from the bar in hand. There is not one negative thing that I can recall from our trip. It was so good that in March of 2012, we booked a trip back to the Riu Florida Beach Hotel for our second anniversary. I hope to see the staff at the Riu again this year.

Room Tip: The first trip we stayed in a standard room. The second time we stayed in a balcony room over lookin...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Varazze, Italy
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The RIU Florida Beach is the current name of the San Souci Hotel, where the Shah of Iran held his press conference in the mid 1950s. It is located on 31st and Collins, at mid-beach, close to the free Julia Tuttle Causeway. Several busses stop right in front of the hotel. Ocean Front rooms have an incredible view. Parking costs $20 per night, but if you have a handicap permit you can park on the streets for free. Behind the hotel is a boardwalk which leads south to South Beach Art Deco District; it starts around 14th Street and continues until about 6th Street. Collins is a one-way street going north at this location. The swimming pool is beautiful. There is a lot of construction going on in the area right now, with lots of traffic congestion.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AntonAnderssen
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed at hotel from 1/18-1/21/13, our experience was less than favorable-
* shortage of hotel towels
* staff are fanatical to the 90 minutes allowed per day (in this day and age simply ridicilious
*concierge misinformed us of a tour we booked and paid for a double decker open top tour bus
and instead were cramped into a mini van tour bus. I informed the driver who promply called the
RIU I spoke with the concierge who offered a $20 refund. We were totally dissatisfied with the
come.
* Neighboring hotel undergoing construction, we were not advised at time of reservation, the
beach experience was a complete disappointment- major construction noise.
* We literally had to pay $25.00 for the use of two chairs and an umbrella, again an
unexpected expense.
* valet parking is a disaster, my rental car was dented and scratched. To my surprise no staff
member had any knowledge whatsoever.
NOTE- My name is Mike Hernandez and I can be reached at 1 347 712 6963- I would not
recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family