“Great Vacation w/ Friends!”
Review of The Savoy Hotel

The Savoy Hotel
Ranked #44 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Warner Robins, Georgia
“Great Vacation w/ Friends!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My friends and I recently stayed at the Savoy for 4 nights, and had an awesome time! First off, the location of this hotel can't be beat! It has private beach access and right on Ocean Drive! The beach was a quick walk from the room, and was so convenient for a couple hours on the beach! The room itself was pretty good, we had a bedroom with a separate living area as well. The room was clean and the housekeeping staff did a great job keeping the room tidy. Only suggested improvements for the room would be another garbage can (only one was in the bathroom), an option for two double or queen beds instead of one king bed, and easier access to the microwave (it was in the closet and we didn't discover it until our last day). The hotel grounds were very nice and the pool area was awesome! The staff even let us go in late one night after the pool area had closed! They have a nice outside upstairs area with some comfy chairs and great views of the beach.

My only real beef with the hotel was the valet parking - the hotel charged $30 a day for parking. While I understand South Beach is an expensive area, there are other parking garages there for cheaper. In hindsight, I would have turned down the valet parking and found cheaper parking myself, even if it's $20 a day. The hotel also charged an extra $15 a day for towels and beach chair use, which isn't a big deal, but should have been included with the hotel price.

Overall, this hotel was great and would definitely stay here again if I ever vacation to Miami Beach again! Hopefully I'll make it back one of these days!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
TheSavoyHotelCares, Director of Sales at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Greetings from South Beach!

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at The Savoy Hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed the hotel's ideal location and amenities. Thank you also for your suggestions; we always like to hear what we can do to make our guests' stay more enjoyable.

In regards to the valet parking, it is customary on South Beach to pay anywhere from $25-$40 per night, due to the lack of available parking at hotels. We regret you did not think the charge was fair. Also, many hotels do have resort fees, ranging anywhere from $10-$30 per day for a variety of amenities.

We thank you again for your feedback and hope to have you as our guest once again.

Yours in Hospitality,
Francine - Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed my recent stay and was pleasantly surprised with the size of the apartment , spotlessly clean and also the very easy access to the beach. Whilst our room only had a view over the carpark it was still very good value. The staff were very helpful and we enjoyed a wonderful hot breakfast. The apartment also supplied a coffee machine and coffee pods with tea also an option....The hotel is just far enough away from the busy buzz of the strip but yet close enough to slowly wander around and take in all the wonderful Art Deco buildings that this part of Miama Beach has to offer. We were heading off to Fort Lauderdale to pick up a cruise ship and it was a very easy cab ride to the port. Definitely recommend the Savoy.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room with a beach view....would definitely make for a more enjoyable stay.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
West Deptford, NJ
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Savoy at the end of May for 4 nights and we loved it! We had a pool view room on the first level and it wasn't noisy, but had a great view with 2 sets of French doors. The room itself was very spacious; I couldn't have asked for more. Each night, the staff came and remade the bed and left chocolates on our pillows. The staff was way more than helpful! From the moment you pull up out front they're ready and willing to assist you. Each person, (whether it be Jean, Tony, Rocky, or any of the front desk staff), had a unique and fun personality. You could ask any of them for any type of recommendation and they were eager to share they're local favorites. The beach location was definitely the best part about the hotel next to the staff. You walk right out the back gate and a few steps later you're on the sand. It's a huge plus that 2 chairs and an umbrella are included in the resort fee. There is also staff that comes to serve you food and drinks right from your beach chairs! I'm so ready to come back! On our last day, I was already asking for the best time that I should return:-) I would recommend this hotel over and over again!

Room Tip: Upgrade to pool view at least! Next time I may upgrade to an Ocean view as I expect it's even mo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Spent six nights in early May, had a wonderful experience. The Savoy offers great price to quality ratio, the staff is extremely helpful and dedicated, traditional room is very comfortable for two people. The pools and restaurant are very convenient and access to the beach is right behind the pool area. The hotel is fractionally below 5th Street so slightly out of the busiest action on Ocean Drive, yet within a few minutes of reach. The whole area from South Pointe to 15th Street is within walking distance and Downtown is a short cab ride away. Totally recommend the Savoy.

Room Tip: Traditional is big enough for a couple.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for four nights and had no problems. Easy check-in, room was always cleaned sometimes even twice a day. The staff was friendly. This location is perfect if you want to be near the strip but don't want to deal with all the traffic and noise of the night life. Another plus is the hotel is right on the beach and it has two pools! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my mini-vacation at the Savoy Hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
The rooms are suites (definitely great for 2 people) and were roomy enough. The only issue was that I was not told the bottled water was not complimentary to the room. When I checked out was when I realized it was not complimentary. Usually hotels give at least 1 complimentary bottle of water for guests. The bathroom was really spacious. I especially liked the glass shower doors. However, the bathroom could have used more lighting. Usually when I vacation in South Beach I will stay at the Royal Palm; however, the Savoy has won me over. The hotel was quiet enough where I could relax and recharge my batteries. I will definitely stay again at the Savoy Hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank MiamiVacationer
TheSavoyHotelCares, Director of Sales at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear MiamiVacationer,

Thank you sincerely for your 5-Star review! We are delighted that you are sharing your 5-Star experience here on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the time you have taken.

We regret you were not aware that the bottled Voss Water in the rooms was not complimentary. We will relook at our signage to ensure it is conspicuous for future guests.

Thanks for letting us win you over and see you soon!

Yours in Hospitality,
Francine - Director of Sales & Marketing
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Super friendly and helpful staff, rooms were great, and restaurant had such delicious menu items. The hotel had a retro beauty from the building and artwork reminiscent of the 1930s while the rooms were fresh, updated, and modern. I would most definitely stay there again. Thank you Savoy!

• Stayed May 2013