Room Mate Lord Balfour
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sense Beach House(Miami Beach)
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Ocean Five Hotel(Miami Beach)
Good 3.5/5
Harrison Hotel(Miami Beach)
Average 3/5
Hotel St. Augustine(Miami Beach)
  • Beachfront
The Julia Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Breakfast included
The Fritz Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Pool
Villa Italia Hotel(Miami Beach)
1,487 results
All reviewsocean drivesouth beachsouth endbeach towelscontinental breakfastboutique hotelperfect locationresort feequiet areagreat boutiquesmall bathroomnikki beachan umbrellanight lifeart decochairs and umbrellastwo blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

We are currently staying in the hotel and very happy! problems are: the room closet is small and the dresser is in the closet which doesn't make sense and takes up closet space. Our bathroom is large, clean and modern with nice open shower, but shower head is not high enough, unless you are 5ft.
or shorter! I was hoping to find a hand sculpture for my soap in the bathroom, but that wasn't in our room. Not a big deal, but it's a nice hotel design touch but it's not in every room. Bed and furniture in room excellent! the other issue I had was we arrived late but there was no one to help us with our baggage to the room. That was ok, but I was surprised. Staff is very pleasant and helpful, and the hotel is maintained extremely well. Look forward to coming back!

• Stayed: March 2014
Mauricio M, General Manager at Room Mate Lord Balfour, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear "MFSNewYork":
Thank you for your review, by your comments it looks like you stayed in one of our accessible rooms, they have a slight different lay out and smaller closet, as mentioned. I am sorry about that, we can prevent this from happening again.
We thank you for your positive comments and we look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Miami Beach.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

If youve ever been to a Miami hotel you know the rooms are going to be small and this one was but thats how it is. As far as decor staff bed location this was hands down my fav hotel of all my party trips down here and I never bother writing positive or negative reviews but they deserved it.

• Stayed: March 2014
Mauricio M, General Manager at Room Mate Lord Balfour, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear "mrmay":
We are honored to be your first review on TripAdvisor and really thankful for your business and positive comments. Looking forward to welcome you back at the Lord Balfour.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I felt like I was at a 5 star hotel. The personalized service was awesome. Dilip, Cree, and Isa made our stay extra special. We had never been to Miami beach before and all three were helpful in giving us useful advice to make the most of our trip. Cree gave us great advice for the Bahamas, as we were continuing onto a cruise after our stay there. When we arrived prior to checking in, I couldn't find my sun block in my luggage, and the concierge gave me a small complimentary tube till we could unpack and check in. It was a small gesture, but it went a long way. Without it I would have started my trip burnt. It was really nice they held our luggage, we arrive early in the morning and were welcomed to the continental breakfast. The location is great, within walking distance to all the adventures of South Beach. I have highly recommended this place to my travel agent and to my friends. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mauricio M, General Manager at Room Mate Lord Balfour, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you so much "Holly_Traveler_9" for your kind comments about our staff. I often say that there are many fine hotels in Miami Beach but few with such an outstanding talented staff like the Lord Balfour. I will pass your comments to all.
Best regards,
Mauricio Martins -General Manager

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Modern bright rooms which were compact but perfectly clean and ideal for our stay.
Location is very good right next to art deco area of South Beach, a short walk to the beach, restaurants and bars. The complimentary beds are on a quieter section of the beach and were a little dated, although this would be our only slight negative comment.
Complimentary continental buffet breakfast was a welcome bonus.
Service from the front desk and concierge was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear "FairCall7", thank you for your review and you input on the Beach Facilities. Our contractor on the beach has furniture improvements scheduled for this year, hopefully you will see it on your next stay at the Lord Balfour.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Lovely small hotel with a nice stylish lobby and excellent staff. However, the walls of the rooms are much too thin, so you can hear every single squeak from the ceiling and adjoining rooms. My room was at the end of the hallway next to the service exit so it was always noisy as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Dear "Trebs1",
I am sorry for the noisy experience you had during your stay, we understand that some guests are more sensitive to noise than others and we try to accommodate each one in the best way possible. We have several rooms that are not adjoining and are quieter than others. Please reach out to me directly prior to your next visit and I will make sure that I will reserve a room that will fulfill your needs.