“Excellent Leadership, Great Service Management”

Room Mate Lord Balfour
Ranked #23 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I'm planning my first trip to Miami from 05 Feb to 08 Feb 2014, while I experienced miscommunications and delays in confirming changes to my initial reservations with the reservations team for past days, on my final frustrated 8th call, I asked to speak to GM Mauricio Martins, what a pleasant impressive service experience!

Issues were resolved immediately within our 15 mins phone conversation on Miami and travelling, received the confirmation emails within the hour.

I'm a satisfied guest, looking forward to my trip to sunny Miami and thank you very much, Mauricio!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank T_Ho2014
Mauricio M, General Manager at Room Mate Lord Balfour, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Theora;
I believe that this is the first "pre arrival" review we received, thank you so much. I am sorry for the communication issues with reservations, I have looked into it and we are making improvements that will facilitate the whole process, I am glad I was able to help.
I am looking forward to welcome you to the Lord Balfour. Warm regards,
Mauricio Martins - General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,448)

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Amazing hotel, friendly staff, specially Gisela in front desk, great attitude, she always goes the extra mile to make sure guests are well taking care of she represents what hospitality means
Very tasteful and cool interior design, interesting and surprising art and decor accents.
Highly recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Alberto N;
There are many excellent hotels in our area but our staff is our greatest asset and they certainly make the difference in creating a memorable stay. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to be your hotel of choice in Miami Beach.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed in December and were very happy from the moment we arrived. the staff were so helpful and the concierge Dilip was more than happy to make my partner a very good coffee at breakfast the next day! We were happy that the hotel was situated just outside the craziness of the South Beach strip but a close walk to the beach, restaurants etc. Loved the ambience of the hotel, funky Art Deco furnishings and the art installations. The only real criticism I have is that the bathrooms were very small, but still managed to be well appointed. Would happily stay here again and will be giving our travel agent the thumbs up on this property.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Robin43:
We appreciate your review and we are glad that you enjoyed our hotel. we believe that simple gestures of kindness such as the one from our Concierge Dilip go a long way and we encourage that to all of our associates. Being located in "SoFi" also is one of our great features, very close to the South Beach action but that one block distance makes a big difference for a good night's sleep. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 18, 2014

We booked a 2 night stay at this hotel on ocean drive we enjoyed it so much its in a great place quiet but very near all you need stayed an extra night!
Staff are very profesional helpfull and kind rooms are lovely in a wonderful area! Thanks all at lord balfour

• Stayed: January 2014
Mauricio M, General Manager at Room Mate Lord Balfour, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Thank you, Nicola M for staying at The Lord Balfour and for your kind comments. Unfortunately your stay was short but I hope that in your next visit to Miami Beach you can stay a little longer to explore this fascinating city and enjoy a little more of our hotel.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I have only positive things to say about this hotel. After booking thru a bidding site and getting placed at a roach motel we immediately got on priceline again and booked directly to this hotel after reading the great reviews. From the moment you arrive they take your luggage with a smile and are very welcoming. I feel terrible I can't remember anyones name in particular but they were all fabulous. Kudos to the staff for being so friendly and helpful.

The decor of this place should win an award. It is funky and trendy from the lobby to your bathroom. Your eyes are moving constantly looking around at the crazy cool art. My favorite was the barbed wire firepit looking piece down in the breakfast bar area. There are also Lord Balfour quotes written all over the ceiling. My most favorite thing about this hotel is it is CLEAN! The breakfast was a continental spread with nice fresh OJ, pastries, yogurt etc. The coffee was strong and how I like it. Another plus is it on Ocean Drive which is where you wanna be when you stay in Miami but far enough down that you won't be up all night listening to the night life if you wanna get some rest.

Your room is plenty big enough to move around in. The only thing I would change is I would have made the bathrooms a tad bit bigger but with that being said they used the space very well, similar to smart Scandinavian design. Other reviews noted that the walls were paper thin but we were not bothered by this at all, but maybe we had quiet neighbors? I believe they provide towels for the beach but we did not utilize this service because of a time crunch.

Probably one of top boutique hotels I've ever stayed at and when I get back to Miami I will absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear MsKrisChicago:
Wow, your review made our day here at the Lord Balfour, that's the reason why our dedicated associates and managers work so hard for. Thank you so much for staying with us and please come see us again in your next visit to Miami Beach.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed here with my husband. The location is good. South beach is so Latin, I love it! The internet did not work well and the shower was never hot. The beach though is right across the street and the neighborhood is excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mauricio M, General Manager at Room Mate Lord Balfour, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Uiara Perez:
Thank you for choosing The Lord Balfour during your visit to Miami Beach!
I apologize for the occasional internet interruption and for the hot water not being as hot as you desired, I looked into both issues and they have been solved.
We at the Lord Balfour look forward to welcome you back in your next visit to our Miami Beach.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

A very positive experience overall. About the staff, everyone from Ana who kept the complimentary breakfast buffé impecible to very attentative front officer Cree and all the rest we have nothing but the very best to say! The inviting, spatious entre, inside art installations and bar gives you a laid back contemporary feel. Cool, calm and welcoming. Beach towels and chairs are also complimentary. As well as the wifi. The only things we have negative comments about is the valet (it took up to 30min to get the car) and the size of the bathrooms. The showers are great but the rest is, well, quite narrow. But all in all a very, very positive experience. Perfect location. A cool, contemporary friendly haven close to everything. / Thomas & Ann from Stockholm

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Thomas & Ann;
We were delighted to read your review about your recent stay at The Lord Balfour. The associates you mentioned will be recognized for providing outstanding service to our guests, this means a lot to us, thank you!
Unfortunately parking in Miami Beach is a problem for everyone, my apologies for having to wait longer than estimated for your car.
We hope to be your hotel of choice in your next visit to sunny Miami Beach!