“Great Hotel- Great Service- Great Location”

Room Mate Lord Balfour
Ranked #26 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed at the Lord Balfour for three nights and it was terrific. Every time we encountered staff, they were helpful and friendly. They offered umbrellas when we were going out in the rain- and towels when we returned. The lobby is well appointed. We spend a couple hours one night at the lobby bar and the bartender was very nice and helpful. The rooms were small but clean and decorated in the hotel theme. We loved the hotel porch and spent a lot of time there people-watching. It's pretty when staff brings out candles on the porch each night. The location is great because you can walk to everything, but it's not right in the Miami Beach madness. Beach access is right across the street. We also lucked out and got a deal on Groupon. We'd stay again!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank reichspot
broqui2000, General Manager at Room Mate Lord Balfour, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

We are so glad you stayed with us at the Lord Balfour Hotel. Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with other TripAdvisor travelers. It is so exciting to hear from our guest how much they enjoy themselves at our hotel. I greatly appreciate your comments on the spectacular service that you received from all our staff. We hope to service you again in the future as we look forward to your return.

Greatly yours,

There are newer reviews for Room Mate Lord Balfour

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Customer service was excellent from the moment I arrived until the day I left (3 Day Weekend Stay) The location is great if you want to avoid the constant foot traffic on the main strip but still don't mind walking up 4-5 blocks.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Diceburna

We thank you for taking the time to share your enjoyment at the Lord Balfour Hotel. We are very proud of the service our team provides to every guest and we hope you will return very soon.

Thank you again for your wonderful comments

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The hotel was recently renovated so the lobby and rooms have very modern decor and are very well maintained. The location is great, it's only a few steps from the beach and far enough from the main strip that you don't have to deal with the street noise. The rooms are a decent size, however, the bathrooms are pretty small, especially if you have more than one person. Walls are pretty thin, so we were woken up a few times throughout the night by loud guests. Also, on our first night we could hear someone snoring through the air vent. It was pretty loud but the hotel staff was really nice about it and moved our room. Staff was really friendly and I would stay here again if the price doesn't increase too much.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Victoria T

Thank you for your feedback. Guest feedback is always welcomed to help us identify concerns that can be rectified. I am sorry to hear that you were woken up several times during your first night, however I am pleased to know that our staff was able to assist you in finding soothing accommodations. Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to your return soon!

Truly yours,

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This hotel had a few hits, and SEVERAL misses. Let's start with the hits - great location, it's away from all of the chaos of South Beach, but close enough that everything is easily accessible. The rooms are really nice, and the beds are very comfortable. The hotel employees are very nice and accommodating.

The misses - there is an extremely high level of disorganization. Valet is a disaster, sometimes taking upwards of 40 minutes from the time of phone call to retrieve the car (no exaggeration). The shower was very hard to control the temperature, as well as the temperature in the room.

My biggest complaint has been dealing with the hotel after the fact. Upon checkout, I was informed that the 'booking system was momentarily down.' I needed a receipt, as I was there on business, and require a receipt for the incidentals for work. I was told that I would get that emailed to me by the end of the day. The 'end of the day' came and went. I called every day thereafter, always getting an answering machine, and leaving messages. I never got a return phone call. I finally reached the front desk after the fourth consecutive day of calling. Completely unacceptable.

Ultimately, I do think this will be a great property, but for now, they have some major customer service kinks to iron out. That said, if you can find a great deal on expedia (less than $150/night), it's worth it. I wouldn't pay more than that for quite a while, though. That said, it's a new hotel, and will most likely get it together in a great way.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank jbsf79
broqui2000, Manager at Room Mate Lord Balfour, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

First let me start by offering an honest and sincere apology, we at the Lord Balfour are sorry to hear that this was your experience at our hotel. We have certainly reviewed and shared your comments with our Front Office Manager. We value your comments, and feedback, as it will assist us in correcting issues and concerns as we realize them. I am available to discuss with you in the matter of not receiving your hotel bill. Please contact me at gm@lordbalfourmiami.com. Thank you again, and we do hope you give us another opportunity in the future. Thank you Ralph Reveron General Manager

Reviewed September 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at The Lord Balfour for Two night's from the 31st August- 2nd September. Upon our arrival we were greeted by a more than helpful porter (Richard), who was extremely helpful and more than happy to go out of his way to assist in anyway he can. We were introduced to Dilip (Chief Concierge), who was really friendly, and knew the good spots to hang out in Miami.Our room was gorgeous, well decorated and very Contemporary, huge bed, and a very nice shower aswell! Complimentary continental breakfast, and the beach is literally a across the street. It's also very central for both shopping on Washington Avenue and catching a good tan on the beach. My only gripe is that the bed was really hard! Overall we had a fantastic time, and the hotel added to our First Miami experience, which was really positive. We will definitely go back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paula C

Thank you for writing. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is the goal of our wonderful staff that each Lord Balfour guest has a great positive experience. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments. Sincerely, Ralph Reveron General manager

Reviewed September 14, 2013

This hotel was recently renovated and reopened earlier this year. Everything was great from check in to check out. The rooms and decor in the hotel are modern and clean, with NO BUGS. Bugs are my biggest concern when staying on South Beach especially, Ocean Drive and they passed! The staff was extremely accommodating: Carolina, Richard and Isu. Carolina got my room ready for me early when I arrived at 11 am. The staff was always available to answer any questions. If you're looking for a hotel, close to South Beach (within walking distance) that is clean and new, quiet, and budget friendly, this is your best bet!

The only con for other guests might be the bathroom which is tiny, but wasn't a concern of mine because it was clean and modern with a rainfall shower head. How much time do you really spend in the bathroom anyway? lol

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Meme_onthego

Thank you for your TripAdvisor posting. We are delighted you enjoyed your previous stay and truly appreciate the comments about our staff. Your compliments have also been forwarded to our team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Lord Balfour Hotel sometime in the near future. Thank you again, Ralph Reveron General Manager

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We had a nice time. Richard was great! I think he was the bell person but he helped us with everything. I would stay there again. Only negatives would be the room & hallway smelled like pets and there was no ice machine, you had to call room service every time you wanted ice. Beach one block down and plenty of shopping around.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write. I appreciate your review, and are quite please that our bellman Richard was so helpful during your stay. We hope to see you again in the future. Thank you again, Ralph Reveron General Manager