“Find a other hotell”

Ranked #66 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Oslo
“Find a other hotell”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

This hotell is a joke. We ordered i doubleroom with and extra bed. When we came there they did not have any extra bed and refuse to pay us back for both nights. They even refuse to let 3 people in to room..

The staff is no serviceminded and dont care that you are on vacation. Small rooms, dirty, much noise. Miami have a LOT hotels and this is NOT one to choose. Be aware for hotell fees and other hidden cost that this hotell charge after you have booked.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Traveller768ew9
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whitelaw Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Good Afternoon Traveller768ew9,

Your honest feedback is greatly appreciated! I have spoken to the General Manager about this review and she recalls the situation clearly. Unfortunately you had booked through Booking.com and you had booked a room for 2 adults. The GM informed you that there would be a room available for 4 adults on Sunday. She definitely did everything that she could to provide you with excellent service! We are indeed a boutique hotel and therefore our rooms are a bit smaller then your average size hotel room. On all of our third party sites it clearly states that there is a service charge that is not included in your final price. We also take a $100 hold out for incidentals just like every other hotel does.

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Slovak first
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

First and foremost, Check in was extemely long. We checked in at 2:50pm and we had to wait till 3:42pm to get a key to the room. Hotel allows random people to walk into other guest rooms to have items stolen and then charge the guest that was staying inside the room without doing an investigation. Will get a lawyer involve most definately. Next morning we asked for towesl we didnt get any until 5:00 that evening. Cant get any sleep the hotel musci extremely loud. A fight broke out and no one was at the front desk to resolve the issue, the police were called. So sad such a betiful hotel and poor poor service provided. I guess I iwill stay on Ocean Drive next time.

Room Tip: Do not go here..keep it moving
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Alexi H
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whitelaw Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Hello Alexi H,

Thank you so much for your time to provide us with your honest feedback! I see that you were able to start your check in process a little before 3. Our check in time is usually at 3PM. Sometimes it takes longer for our guests to get a room, depending on our availability the night before, and how many guests did a late check out. We would never let random people walk into other guests room. If there were items consumed from the mini bar it's because the people staying in the room consumed those items. Why would we let random people walk into our guests room? We have camera's that prove this as well. Please have your lawyer contact us in regards to your matter. I apologize that you were not able to get any towels until 5PM. Our housekeeping staff replenishes your towels when cleaning your room, and they do indeed have until 6PM to clean all the rooms of the hotel. We are indeed a party hotel and our website clearly states so. If you are looking for a more quiet or secluded stay please check one of our other lovely properties. There is always someone at the front desk. Perhaps they weren't exactly at the front desk, maybe they were sorting out the lobby area but they are definitely in the lobby, a few steps away from the desk. Thank you for your feedback!

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Ive stayed at the whitelaw 2 years ago and its nice to see a couple familiar faces: Andrew and Raul who were quite helpful, I like the vibe of the hotel and came with a girlfriend of mine this time,We were on the 1st floor but to the back so the music wasnt a big deal for us and we already knew that there was music in the lobby. Happy hour was pretty good although one of the femail bartenders they had this time could do with an attitude adjustment. E-Z the other bartender kept us entertained and the live DJ on the weekend was great. All in all it was a pretty good trip for the weekend for me and my girlfriend.

Room Tip: Not for the boring type or the big complainer....Hotel does have music at the bar. maybe select a hi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whitelaw Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Hello there jenny r,

We love when our guests post lovely feedback such as yours! Thank you very much for your time to provide us with that! I am glad to know that you are a loyal and returning guest! I see that there were some familiar faces at the hotel since the last time you stayed with us. I wish that you could have provided a name to the bartender that was giving you an attitude. I would have liked to address the issue immediately. We hope to have you stay with us for a 3rd time! :)

Capitol Heights, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Me and my husband stayed at the Whitelaw July 16-19. The hotel is a nice hotel for the price you pay but there are some things that need to be addressed. They are doing construction across the street so front rooms be aware. the rooms 203 was a nice size. we had lots of space to enjoy ourselves. The problem I had with this hotel is clearly there must be a communication issue because me and my husband where laying in bed when some lady (an employee of the hotel) comes busting thru the door. She was like, "Im so sorry do you guys need anything". I was really bothered by this and I wont be staying there again for this reason.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chantek920
Good Evening Chantek920,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for taking your time to post yours. I apologize for the construction that is taking place on Collins Ave. The City of Miami Beach is improving their roadways at the moment, to better things for our neighborhood. I am terribly sorry about the employee that came into your room. There was definitely a communication error there. I am sure that it was another room she needed to attend, and she just got the numbers mixed up. Everyone makes mistakes and we truly apologize for that!

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Let me sum it up for everyone wondering if they should or SHOULD NOT stay at this hotel based one of the most interesting and MOST TERRIBLE experiences I've ever had any hotel:
-Unusual check in:
•this hotel takes a xerox copy of your ID as well as everyone's ID that is staying in the room, while checking into the hotel.
-Great location:
•only a few short blocks from the beach. In the middle of the hustle and bustle of South Beach.
-Terrible service:
•such a hassle to get fresh towels.
•getting harassed every single time you pass the front desk; double checking to see if you only have a certain amount of people in your room.
•Asking the bar tender for an ash tray was like asking him to run a marathon.
-Awesome front porch with club like seating and atmosphere. Nice to chill and hangout.
-Hotel rooms were extremely extremely small.
-Unhelpful staff
-If you think you are going to sleep, good luck to you!! The bar at the front desk doesn't stop playing music till 3am. (Cause that's exactly what everyone wants when returning from the club.)
-Cool chic atmosphere when entering the building, looks like a older hotel they tried to make modern.
-- Everyone has different experiences at hotels. This being one of the WORST experiences I've ever had. I WILL NEVER EVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL EVER AGAIN!!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank EParadiseR
Hello EParadiseR,

Thank you so much for taking your time to provide us with your honest and extensive feedback! I am extremely sorry that you did not have an amazing time while staying with us! We do indeed take a xerox copy of your ID at the point of check in. We have noticed that many of our guests try to do charge backs, claiming that they never stayed with us. With the copy of your ID we can prove that the guest did stay with us. The location of our property is indeed in the heart of South Beach, just a walk away from all the action. I apologize that it was a hassle to get fresh towels. I will definitely inform the Director of Housekeeping about his issue. In the past and in many cases the amount of people staying in the room, does not equal out to the amount of people on the reservation. We have also had random people walking in trying to get into rooms, when they aren't even staying with us. We like to check and make sure for your security and ours as well. We do offer rooms of all sizes depending on what each guest is looking for. Perhaps you booked a room that was smaller then what you really needed. On our website it clearly states that we are a party hotel, if you are looking for a secluded or quiet getaway you might consider staying at one of our other properties. The majority of the hotels on South Beach are historic buildings that have been remodeled and upgraded.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I'd rather stay at the Days Inn than this place. They put a lot of money in the appearance of this place and that is all. Wifi sucks in your room, shower leaks, bathroom and room is small, curtains are thin and it gets super bright once daylight hits, front desk staff lacks personality, towels and washcloths seem to be highly protected because you have to ask for them all the time and they are of very poor quality, no microwave which should be standard since they really are not that pricey, they have an antiquated credit card contraption at the front desk and idk what is up with xeroxing your ID when you check in. Stay only for the location. If you value customer service and amenties, the days inn will hail in comparison to the whitelaw hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Choo P
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whitelaw Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Hello there Choo P,

Thank you for posting your honest feedback for all of our future guests to read! I am terribly sorry that you did not have an amazing time while staying with us! Were we aware of all the issues that you experienced while you were with us? If we were aware of the shower leaking we would have definitely sent a maintenance man to check that. We are indeed a boutique hotel therefore our rooms are smaller then your average hotel. We do offer rooms that range in size though. Perhaps the room type that you chose was smaller then what you needed. I will make sure to inform the front desk manager about the personality of our staff. We do not offer a microwave in our rooms as we have a restaurant right down stairs. We have noticed in the past that guests do charge backs and say that they never used the room. This is the only way that we can secure that the guest did indeed stay with us.

Monrovia, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed here June 24, 2013 on our way to Key West for a family vacation. Due to the construction going on at Collins Ave, the valet parking was a nightmare from start to finish. We had 7 people and 2 vehicles in our caravan and needed to unload in front of the hotel. The front desk people and the valet people told us different things we needed to do.

After finding the *valet umbrella* a block away, you have to turn around in an alley to pull up on the left side of the road for them. Our car was rear ended and the driver sped away as a police was chasing him down the alley.

ASTONISHING FACT: In all the chaos, the family we were with left a large sum of cash and their check book in the glove box of their car. The valet driver found it and returned it to the front desk for them. Also, I had let an ipad in our glove box and it was still there when the car was returned.

The lobby is extremely loud with pumping dance music and the bartenders drop the F bomb like its a comma in a sentence so if you are offended by that, I would choose elsewhere.

Getting our cars back was just as big of a cluster as dropping them off and again this is because the valet drivers and front desk people are NOT communicating with each other.

This place was very clean and the maid in the lobby in the morning was working her rear end off washing everything down.

A few days after checking out, we noticed a charge on our credit card bill we were not told about. I have tried too many times to count to call them. THEY WILL NOT ANSWER THE PHONES!!

Room Tip: Very small rooms. If you are there to just sleep, then it wont be a problem.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Chrissirhc
Hello Chrissirhc,

We truly value each and every one of our guests feedback and thank you for sharing yours with us! Unfortunately we are experiencing construction going on in front of the hotel. The valet company is a company that we work with. If they are not communicating with us on a daily basis we will not know what information to provide our guests. I am terribly sorry to read that your card was rear ended and that the driver left the scene. I am content to know that the valet driver gave the cash and check book to the front desk agent. They are not responsible for missing items and that was very honest of them to do so. We are indeed a party hotel and our website states that. We like to keep the music flowing to maintain a great vibe for our guests. I will definitely inform the bar manager about the language that the bartenders were using. That is not acceptable and we apologize for that. I am content to read that you were glad with the cleanliness of the room, and the job that the room attendant did. You can email me directly at Katrine.Beltran@southbeachgroup.com and I will investigate what this charge is for you.