“Weekend trip”

Ranked #66 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
DC
“Weekend trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I had a great time here, no problem at all. The room was clean, a great location from everything I needed. The service was great, the desk attendant Andrew was so helpful in answering all my questions. It was a great, I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor - less noisy
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whitelaw Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Good Afternoon Lee M,

Your wonderful 5 star feedback is so greatly appreciated! Thank you for taking your time to share it with all of our future guests! I am very glad to read that you had a great time while staying with us! I see that you were content with the cleanliness of it. Our employee's love to read when their hard work is noticed. I will let Andrew know of your kind praise! We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Slovak first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Me and my family needed a place to stay for a weekend in miami and we got best one...a 2m walk from the beach,shopping, clubs , the happy hour was amazing for us every day an hour of fun and laught. ...service great at front desk thay helped us which to do every day and rooms really clean:)....thanks everyone that work there...and see u next year.

• Stayed February 2013
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whitelaw Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Hello Ddav1985,

Thank you for posting your 5 star review on Trip Advisor! We are very glad that you had an amazing time while staying with us! We are centrally located, within walking distance to all of the hot spots around South Beach! I am very glad that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8pm! It's a great way to start the night!!
We can't wait to see you next year!

Have a great day!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

After reading different reviews from different sites, I decided to book here for one night.
Yes I read about how loud it was (they have happy hours here, and will think that if it is busy, they will keep the music till late). I also read about how not friendly was the staff and that you needed to pay for Valet Parking (the hotel site tells you about the parking).

Let me tell you about my experience, i asked for a quiet room (i got it), the front desk guy was always smiling and very helpful.
Parking, yes we figured out that we could have paid less if we parked the car in one of those Public parking garage (do your homework if you have the time, or walk around and search for other alternative), now we know what to do next time with the car, is not the hotel fault, they offer you a service for a price.
the restaurant downstairs (not sure if it is part of the hotel) had a good choice in the menu, the server was friendly.

Remember you are not booking a 5 star hotel, this is a small hotel at a good price, is clean, trendy, in the heart of South Beach.

Just remember not to book with third party

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kchichis c
Good Afternoon Kchichis C,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your wonderful feedback for all of our future guests to read! I am glad that we were able to accommodate your request! Our staff is always eager to serve you and I am glad that was the service you were given! I see that you were able to eat at our restaurant downstairs. They have a good selection with many great things to choose from! Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Good stay, in a great location. The bar & the lobby are inches away from each other. Rooms are sized well, with tight but useful bathrooms. Beach & main strip just a few steps away, and hotel is in the middle of alot of shopping. There are numerous reasons why someone should stay here, but mainly it should be because of location & you dont want to drive anywhere since everything is a small walk away. Its a good boutique hotel for people wanting to lounge around at beach & just not wanting too much. People will ask you where you stayed in Miami, you dont want to answer with "Super 8", whitelaw is the Truth. Lobby Bar:Good Times.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whitelaw Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Good Afternoon Tattooed Passport,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your honest feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am glad to read that you had a great time while staying with us and that you were content with the location of our property! I see that you were content with the size of your room. We are just steps away from the beach and from all of the other hot spots around here. I see that you were had a great time while you were at the bar! There are many memories that can be made there!

Please come back and stay with us soon!

Have a great day!

Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Whitelaw for 4 nights in Feb. The hotel is in a great location but dont be fooled by the nice looking boutique interior. The service is awful, the rooms were not regularly cleaned. We had to ask for towels everyday because they didnt provide new ones when they cleaned. On our last day there they didnt clean the room at all. They also double charged us for the entire stay under the name of another hotel in their group. When we tried to have it resolved no competent person was available to speak to. The guy at the front was nice but completely unhelpful and the charge has remained on the card for several days now. They also claim to have a free shuttle to and from the airport. We made a reservation at the front desk the day before we left and they told us we had to be across the street at 6:50am because the shuttle runs every hour starting at 7am. We stood out there until 7:15 until I went in to ask what was going on and they told me the bus didnt start running until 8am. They did absolutely nothing to accomodate us or compensate us for the inconvenience. I tried asking for a manager and the guy at the desk called his assistant manager who was totally useless. When i asked for the actual manager she told me the manager doesnt work on Mondays.

Apart from the terrible service and unclean rooms, the location is this places ONLY redeeming quality. I will never stay here again and i dont recommend it.

13 Thank Frenchqtpy82
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whitelaw Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Good Afternoon Frenchqtpy82,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your honest feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! We are glad that you were content with the location of our property! We are indeed in the heart of all the action. I apologize that you found our service to be unsatisfactory. Our staff is always eager to serve our guests. I am sorry that is not what you received. Was there a specific person that treated you as such? Our housekeepers clean the rooms everyday unless you specify that you don't want the service. I will definitely mention this to the director of housekeeping so they are aware of the issue that you experienced. We have been having issues with our hotel system that we use. I am sure that the issue that you had with the double charge was because of that. It was a technical issue and it has been resolved already. Was this already taken care of? We do indeed have a complimentary shuttle to and from Miami International Airport. I apologize that there was a misunderstanding in the times that the shuttle picks up guests to take them to the airport. Our shuttle does leave everyday at 8AM. On Wednesday's it leaves every other hour starting at 9AM. I will make sure that the managers inform the front desk staff of the correct times that the shuttle picks up at each hotel.

I look forward in hearing from you!

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Bexbach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Hotel is centrally located in south beach - next to the shopping area and the ocean drive .
The hotel is quite stylish - the rooms are new . The size is ok The bathroom is new - only the sink could be bigger .
The beds are very good.
The hotel has a bar so it s not really quiet in the evening .
Even if you have prepaid your room you have to pay 15 USD + tax for each night at check-inn ,for free transport to the airport , drinks , towels - even if you don t need any of these things !!
Check-inn and valet is slow .

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room !
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank khzuerich
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whitelaw Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Good Evening Khzuerich,

Your kind feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us! I am very glad to read that you had a nice time while staying with us! We are in the heart of it all! Within walking distance to all of the action. We do indeed charge a $15 resort fee which covers all of the amenities that you love to enjoy, such as the R/T Shuttle, complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8pm nightly, etc. We are glad that you were able to take advantage of them.

Please come back and stay with us soon!

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

My wife and I flew into Miami from PHL and our flight was delayed. I called the hotel to notify them and they said no problem, I could pick up the shuttle on the hour, every hour at terminal G. When we arrived and went to the meeting spot at the airport there was no shuttle. I called and they said the shuttle only ran until 10pm and could not pick us up since it was later than that, even though I called them at 930 from Philadelphia and they said it would be fine! We ended up having to take a $40 taxi ride to get there since they have no refunds for CX the room. When we arrived I asked to speak to a manager and they said she was not currently working but she would be in at 11 the next morning. Check out was at 11 so when I went to check out and ask for a manager, they stated she was in earlier and not there anymore. There was no questions about what was the problem or how they could help me in contacting the manager, just a simple "she's not here" and right back to typing away on the computer. I booked this room strictly on the basis of having shuttle transportation from the airport and they never revealed to me there was a cutoff time for the shuttle. This place needs to not only attempt to acknowledge their customers needs but be proactive about helping them have an enjoyable stay and follow through with what they advertise!!

Overall, the room was pretty clean and updated. We were on the third floor so it wasn't too noisy other than the walls being paper thin and our "neighbors" waking us up. Also, we had no hot water in the am but they were able to fix that pretty quickly.

9 Thank rygold
Hello Rygold,

Thank you for taking your time to post your honest feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am extremely sorry to hear about the lack of communication that you experienced with the employee that you spoke with over the phone. There was 2 days where the manager showed up earlier then expected and had to leave earlier as well, for emergency reasons. Perhaps the day that you experienced this was one of those days. I will definitely have a talk with the front desk staff to make sure that they are acknowledging our guests.
I am glad that you were content with your room and the cleanliness of it. I would hope that this would not steer you away from staying with us in the future!

Please let me know if you when you will be in South Beach again. I would love to handle your reservation.

Have a great night!