“fun and comfy, even for the senior set!!!”
Review of Whitelaw Hotel

Whitelaw Hotel
Ranked #67 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Park Ridge, Illinois
“fun and comfy, even for the senior set!!!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Youth and beauty and booze and beach---recurrent words describing South Beach.
Dauntless, my husband and I, both senior citizens, decided to visit the famed place and chose to stay at the Whitelaw. Jessica who made our reservation was very helpful. With a bit of trepidation, we arrived. Our fears were immediately dispelled. We so enjoyed our stay....friendly staff, especially Sydney and Raul and bartender Doreen....clean, attractive decor...great location-one block from the beach and right in the midst of SoBe happenings. The hotel has a very fun and comfy ambiance. We hope to return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whitelaw Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Good Afternoon Mmburgis,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we are very glad that you chose to share it with us! I am content to read that you had a fun and comfortable stay with us! It seems to be like you enjoyed everything here at the hotel from the location, to our staff, to the cleanliness and the decor of the property. I will let the mentioned staff know about your kind praise!! They love to hear what the guests have to say about their hard efforts. Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Have a great day!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Slovak first
Urbanna, Virginia
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms, but very noisy. We knew what to expect. Beds were very comfortable, bathroom adequate, but lukewarm water in the shower at best. Definitely a party hotel, but the lobby and outside porch and patio a complete mess in the morning. The loud music 24/7 is obviously affecting the staff, as within 1 minute we had to tell the front desk 3 times what our room number was and we still did not get on the list for the shuttle back to the airport, although that turned out okay. The noise level reminded me of Vegas.

The hotel is in the heart of SoBe, didn't need a car and walked to great shops and restaurants. Free happy hour is not a big deal to us. WiFi was great.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marlene W
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whitelaw Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Good Afternoon Marla W,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we are very glad that you chose to share it with us! We are very glad to read that you have a nice time while staying with us! I am glad that your room was nice and clean. We apologize about the noise that you experienced. We are centrally located in the heart of South Beach between 8th and 9th on Collins.
Do you remember who you spoke with in regards to the shuttle service?

We would hope to have you stay with us again!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This little boutique hotel is located right in the heart of the shopping district. Great location. Rooms are decent and all the amenities were functional in my room.

They have a bar in the entrance in front of the check in desk. Don't expect much for service. You are inconveniencing the people who work here. Expect to wait 20 minutes for a coffee or drink. Happy hour is great if you're ok with people barfing on the white sofa and passing out there. Happy hour or not, it' s not easy to buy/get a drink as the bartenders are more interested in talking to their friends instead of serving a client. It's super hard to get served on the patio since a worker would have to walk 15 steps to get to you. Go to the bar and wait there because if you're outside they may look at you but that's it.

Personally I think this could be a decent place but I'd fire all of the people that pass themselves off as servers. Likely the managers friends since it seems very clicky and no manager could possibly not see what is happening. It was easily the worst service of anywhere I went to in South Beach.

I woudn't stay here again but if you just need a place to crash while partying it works. There's other places right in that area that likely don't have the 'Attitude' that the Whitelaw has.

Room Tip: If you want quiet ask for a rear room. I was in the front and it wasn't that noisy for me.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank traveller6719
Hello Traveller6719,

Thank you so much for your honest feedback! We are very glad to read that you were content with the location of the property as well as the room, and the amenities that we offer to all of our guests! I am very sorry to hear about the issue that you had at our lobby bar! This is definitely unacceptable!! Do you remember the name of the bartender that was working at the time that you went? or perhaps what he/ she looked like?
I would like to take a further look into this but I will need a name of the bartender. I would hope that you would give us another chance and stay with us again!

I look forward in hearing from you!

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

atlanta
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I came into this place with my eyes open. It's a loud party hotel with rooms under $100 right in SoBe a few blocks from the beach with prime shopping everywhere.

We asked for a quiet room on the third floor and they delivered. It was cleaner than I imagined, and the beds were comfy. I had earplugs just in case but did not need them. There was a little hallway noise, but not bad at all. I actually saw someone with twin babies enter a room a few doors down and we never heard the kids.

We were glad that the free airport shuttle saved us $$, but note that it leaves on the hour RIGHT at the hour, not a minute later, so get there early.

There is a two-story Walgreens two blocks down if you need water, drinks or sundries. The cuban cafe down the street has been there for years.They have a 3D mural and great cuban coffee. Breakfast was pretty gross, but the lunch food is yum.

I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: Third floor if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Good Afternoon Joivie,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your honest feedback for all of our future guests to read! I am very glad to read that you had a great time while staying with us! We try to accommodate all of our guests and the requests that they have. The amenities that we offer are great! The R/T shuttle is a great money saver and all of our guests love it! We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Have an amazing day!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Summary: it is not safe at all, even though they will promise you, that they will give you a room where you can sleep.
I now illustrate our history:
we arrived on the evening of 24/12/2012 around 23:00 and we were given a room with walls without insulation and with a dilapidated port, located on the ground floor, right next to the bar, where all night long there was music and a continual coming and going until dawn with people coming and going to the rooms.
We did not literally closed our eyes, even at 7.00 in the morning there was music, shouting and slamming of doors, so we got up and walked out, then passing on Christmas day as a zombie around Miami.
For the next night of the 25th we were able to give us a room on the top floor.
There we were able to rest, even if he went to the music coming from the speakers in the piano bar outdoor fixtures cause disrepair.
Having to stay in this "hotel" as 30, 31 and January 1, on the morning of the 26th, before leaving for a tour of the area, I specifically asked, accompanied by appropriate tip, to reserve us a room on the top floor, request granted to the condition that we did not check in before 23:00 of the 30/12.
I foreboding and then at 21.30 the 30/12, ahead of the maximum period, we presented for check-in.
As I feared, despite the promise, the room we were given was one of those on the ground floor, adjacent to the bar.
At that point, we planted a big mess and after about an hour of discussion out loud, they pemesso to speak with the manager of the hotel chain, which made ​​us move to another hotel in the group (Chesterfield) Room at this point was great and we enjoyed it very much, but it remains an obligation on our part to warn other tourists what happened.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room, but it is not sure that they will give you what they promise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Astatore
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whitelaw Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Good Afternoon Astatore,

Thank you for your kind feedback! We are glad that you chose to share it with us! I apologize about the noise that you experienced while staying with us! I am going to let the front desk manager know about this and make sure that they are aware of the level the music should be on at certain times of the night. Unfortunately, we weren't able to accommodate you the night of the 30th due to the hotel being fully booked. We were able to grant it before because we had rooms available. In the case of the 30th all room types were booked therefore you were given the original room type that you choose. I am very glad to hear that you were moved to our sister hotel where you got a nice room that was quiet enough for you.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Positives:
+ Very funky decor.
+ Large sparse room.
+ Comfortable bed

Negatives:
- Loud music from the bar just below our room till all hours.
- Tiny bathroom with weak water pressure.
- Very loud and wonky A/C -- even after the serviceman 'got it working'

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ian L
Hello Ilanlevy,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we are very glad that you chose to share it with us! I am very glad that you liked the decor of the hotel. I will let the front desk manager know about the level of the music, and where it should be at certain times of the day. We are a boutique hotel therefore everything is a bit smaller then your regular hotel. I apologize that you did not have an amazing time with us!

Have a great day!

Texas
Reviewed January 2, 2013

After driving through traffic, was told they overbooked the hotel. They sent us to their sister hotel Lincoln Arms, 10 blocks away. This was after waiting in line for 15 minutes, no sense of urgency. There was another gentleman at the desk but he was on his cell phone and counting money. The bar was packed and they don't mention the 32$ valet charge for parking.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ttugurl
Good Afternoon Ttugurl,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your honest feedback for all of our future guests to read! I apologize to read about your negative experience with us! Do you happen to remember the name of the agent that was assisting you at the front desk? If not, maybe what he looked like? Unfortunately, the valet parking is not part of the hotel, it's an outside company. As the attendants take your car they are supposed to inform you of cost. I apologize that they failed to do so. I will make sure to let the manager of the company know this. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!