Whitelaw Hotel
$329
EDITION
  • Pool
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$178
$201
$168
Kimpton
$498
$358
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$299
$290
  • Beachfront
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$187
Official Site
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$209
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$248
  • Beachfront
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$211
$199
$429
$287
Agoda.com
1,643 results
All reviewshappy hourwhite lawfree drinkssouth beachfree shuttlebell personfront desk agentocean driveenjoyed my staybeach towelsrooms are smallart decosherylbartenderblockgalimiami
Reviewed January 2, 2013

After driving through traffic, was told they overbooked the hotel. They sent us to their sister hotel Lincoln Arms, 10 blocks away. This was after waiting in line for 15 minutes, no sense of urgency. There was another gentleman at the desk but he was on his cell phone and counting money. The bar was packed and they don't mention the 32$ valet charge for parking.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ttugurl
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whitelaw Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Good Afternoon Ttugurl,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your honest feedback for all of our future guests to read! I apologize to read about your negative experience with us! Do you happen to remember the name of the agent that was assisting you at the front desk? If not, maybe what he looked like? Unfortunately, the valet parking is not part of the hotel, it's an outside company. As the attendants take your car they are supposed to inform you of cost. I apologize that they failed to do so. I will make sure to let the manager of the company know this. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

I was unsure what to expect based on the reviews... The staff was awesome, the bartender remembered us after the first nite gave us different places to go out to. The rooms were nice, I didn't do a white glove inspection lol. The issues ok it was loud but who cares? Are you going to Miami for peace and quiet or to party? Peace and quiet I recommend a real resort with a spa. $15 resort fee per day... Resolution, happy hour from 7-8 free vodka, gin or rum with any mixer, get $30 worth lol and your good... We called room service once, no answer at about 11pm... We didn't really want room service anyways just wanted to eat but we left like an hour later and ate what we wanted anyways. They would take our dirty towels and not give us new ones we just asked them and in no time we had more towels. Over all I'm staying here again. It was nice wound up costing about 100 per night and it was in the middle of EVERYTHING!! on top of that free shuttle from Miami airport, so we went out and paid for no transportation for 5 days. Great location, nice people, fun hotel experience!

SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whitelaw Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Good Afternoon Janey,

We are so glad that you chose to share your feedback with us and our future guests! I am very glad that you were given wonderful service by our staff!!! Our staff works hard to ensure that each and every guests gets the service that they deserve!! Have a wonderful New Year and we hope to host your stay in the new year!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in November, on our way home from our Wedding & Honeymoon in the Caribbean. We stayed at the Whitelaw last summer and enjoyed ourselves, and didn't hesitate to book it again. The hotel seemed to be spruced up a bit since our last visit, and we had robes and welcome orchids laid out in our room upon arrival. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Sure the music is loud in the lobby in the evenings, but it's South Beach! Grab a free drink from the lobby bar and enjoy :)
The location is awesome. Tons of great shopping and restaurants in the area, not to mention the beach!
The free airport shuttle is a nice bonus!
We love staying here and will definitely return in the future.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whitelaw Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Good Afternoon,

Your wonderful feedback is greatly appreciated for all of our future guests to read! I am very glad to read that you are returning guests and that you chose to stay with us on your way back from the Caribbean! I am happy that you had another great stay with us! I am also glad to read that you were able to take advantage of our wonderful cocktail hour in the lobby as well as the R/T shuttle!! We are in the middle of all of the action that goes on around here and our guests love that. We hope to have you both stay with us a THIRD time! :) :)

Have an amazing day!

Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, they don’t even know the meaning of customer service, The employee are really inefficient (they really made my trip a nightmare) and the hotel manager, Carolina, is really unprofessional and not serious.
Moreover, I booked a double and I got a twin
I got a room and the first time i want in the toilet the wc inundated the room with dirty water.
I think the owner should be ashamed of the management and fire all the employee (except Gilma, which was really serious, nice and professional).
Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Room Tip: Avoid all the hotel
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Alberto P

Good Afternoon Alberto,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your honest feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am terribly sorry to read that you didn't have an amazing time while staying with us! I am sorry that you had such a kind of experience with our employee's. Do you remember the name of the employee that you are referring to? Do you remember the number to the room that you were staying in? I need to have our maintenance department take a look to make sure that all is good with the plumbing. It is constructive feedback such as yours that allows us to make the necessary changes we need to, in order to make this a better place for our guests. I will definitely let Gilma know of your kind praise!

I look forward in hearing from you.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, they don’t even know the meaning of customer service, every time you ask for anything you get a blunt and rude answer, the “lounge/bar/reception/restaurant/karaoke bar” is on all night and really loud there is no separation between this and the rooms so you hear everything, if you have to wake up early for a tour our something where earplugs. Is a dirty place overall the reception smells like stagnant water/beer and the housekeeping team really do a poor job every day I had to ask for CLEAN normal size towels, because they kept folding the dirty ones and giving it to us, and the decoration is just for show to entrap unsuspecting travelers, the hall in the first floor has a dirty carpet that is not even installed they just cut a piece of carpet ant threw it over a hallow wooden floor that wobbles every time you walk thru it and trip on the creased carpet. Don’t stay here the location is great but hotels at this price are plenty in this area, if you don’t want to ruin your vacation don’t stay here.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here. Go to another Hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank LissetteAM
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whitelaw Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Good Afternoon Lissette,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your honest feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read. I am very sorry that this hotel did not fit your standards! Our housekeeping department is not able to give back dirty towels to guests. We have a routine that is always followed at the hotel in terms of cleanliness and room inspections. The Whitelaw is a historic building just as the majority of the buildings are on South Beach. There are certain things that we are allowed to change on the structure. I would love for you to give us a second chance. Please let me know if you would like to do that and I would love to handle your reservation.

Have a great day!