“A lovely place to stay but....”

Miami Beach Resort and Spa
Ranked #125 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel last week and found it very good price for money. The beach is breathtaking and I was lucky enough (and payed a little more for it) to have a room with ocean view. So I watched the sunrise from my bed :)
For $17 you can have a nice and filling breakfast with awesome omelettes and waffles made to order and plenty choice of bread, hot food and juices. Value for money and service was great!
I need to praise too Miss Vicky Mariano(?) can't remember the surname but I can understand why she is the front desk manager! She is a loving, polite and caring person and was so helpful at all times. Miami Beach Resort you are very lucky to have someone like Vicky on your front desk!

But there is always a down side for everything and its a shame to see all the staff being friendly and I had the sensation they could not do enough for us but on Monday the 17/02/2014 about 20:15 I went down to the bistro to have dinner and asked for the table by the window which was empty but the hostess said NO in a blunt and rude way and showed me a table which didn't even have the tablecloth changed and had breadcrumbs all over it . No cutlery or glasses or anything and said: You are going to seat here in a very blunt way. I insisted asking for the table by the window and again blunt and rude reply from the hostess saying NO, YOU ARE GOING TO SEAT HERE which I replied That she definitely need to be more polite with her guests I then sat with my elderly mother and waited, and waited and waited.... after 5 minutes I have asked if I could place my order and a passing waitress said "he" is going to take your order shortly and AFTER another 5 minutes I gave up and left the restaurant with my mother as we were completely ignored. When I left I said to the hostess (I didn't get her name and to avoid someone to get mistaken she is black skinned, 20-30y with long curly hair) that perhaps she and the team should have a bit more consideration with the guests specially when one of them is elderly. I felt very uncomfortable and humiliated and I needed to grab a taxi and go elsewhere for dinner something which my elderly mother did not need. It is a shame that the whole staff is brilliant and just one person manages to leave such a awful impression.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms finished in 04 and 05 as they are the corner with ocean full view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Eduardo M, Manager at Miami Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Bixilo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us and our Trip Advisor readers, your constructive critique is very valuable and appreciated it as we strive every day to improve our services. I am happy to learn of your positive encounter with our Front Office Manager Vicky Marciano. Her response to you is what we expect from all our staff and it is good to know she was able to make your stay an overall memorable one.

Our Bistro staff is very embarrassed about your poor experience at the restaurant, please be assured our staff, as well as our managers are aware of this unfortunate incident and have made corrections to insure it does not happen to any other guest. Please do know, however, that the reason why you were not seated by the window was primarily due to a party of six guests that had reserved that table earlier, thus the reason you were seated in a table for two one row away from the window. On behalf of our entire staff, please accept our most sincere apologies for your poor dining experience.

Thank you once again for allowing us the privilege to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Miami Beach.

There are newer reviews for Miami Beach Resort and Spa

Reviewed February 26, 2014

This hotel has to be re-designed as it is getting old and you feel it.
For instance, you cannot open windows of your room as it is full of rust. Air conditionning in the room does not work properly. The overall ambiance is hotel from 60's.

At the check in they did not respect my resquest to have 2 beds (was with my daughter) saying we do not guarantee bedding. As I was unhappy they upgraded my room for the second and third night.

There is no restaurant outside (only a small bar where you can order salads).

The concierge is great and gave us excellent adresses.

Room Tip: Check the bedding upfront as they do not guarantee it As for a seafront room as in jan or Feb it...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear 508 Paris,

We are disappointed you did not have a good experience but appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and thoughts about our Resort. Please be aware the Miami Beach Resort has submitted a request to renovate/modernize our facilities to the City of Miami Beach's historic preservation committee. Due to the historical significance of our building to the city, these permits have taken longer than expected to be issued, however, rest assured our Resort's ownership is committed in making us the best Resort destination in Miami Beach.

Please accept my apologies for not being able to honor your request for two double beds on your night of arrival; however, I am glad to learn our staff upgraded your reservation at no additional charge as a sign of good hospitality. I am surprised you did not find our Seabreeze restaurant located outside, on our pool deck as we sever lunch there daily from 11:00 A.M. until 5:00 P.M. We will look immediately into enhancing our signage throughout our public areas to insure our guests can find the restaurant.

Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to the opportunity to regain your confidence once the future plans of renovations of our Resort have been completed.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

This place had everything. Beautiful beach area, spa, nice pool. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Always ready to serve you. The rooms are really a bargain for the Miami area. The only draw back is you need to take a cab pretty much where ever you want to go if you leave the resort area. (Unless us rented a car). The beach will cost you $20 a day if you want a nice chair to sit on. (Per person). But it was worth every penny based on the fact we spent almost everyday on the beach. Love the place and would highly recommend it. The food at the restaurants is a bit pricey for what you get but it tasted great and I guess that's where they make up the cost for giving you the deal on the room prices. None of the rooms face the ocean so if you get an ocean view be prepared because it's a view out of the corner of your window.

Room Tip: Get the suite. Lots of room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 937stevev
Reviewed February 21, 2014

You name it. It really has everything: nice pool area, well-equiped gym, lots of amenities, and a selection of spa-like services. And with a nice beach on it's backyard. The staff is more than friendly. Rooms are great. Very good for hosting events, even medium to large ones. Only cons: location is only good if you rent a car and don't mind taking the road if you need anything outside the hotel, 'cause there are virtually no restaurants or shops within walking distance. But it's on a calmer side of Miami Beach, nevertheless.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Nice quiet hotel. Very good for complete relaxation. Residential area. Absolutely no attractions, no restaurants, shops, supermarkets, not even a pharmacy in the area. Bus or taxi – not a problem. Hotel has a restaurant but I would not recommend. Very weak menu, not the best quality of food, high prices. On the other hand breakfast buffet is very good.

Room Tip: Ocean view or bay view rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night only. I After travelling for 24 hours we arrived late at night, we were kept waiting and then told there was a problem with the booking and that we would have to pay again. It transpired that hotel had made the error and we were given a refund the following morning. I thought it was going to be nice after seeing the entrance and reception. How first appearances can be deceptive! Rooms although large were tired and in need of decoration. The bathroom was really old and horrible. There was an awful drain smell in some areas near the pool. I was just glad we were only staying one night. One to avoid I think!

• Stayed: January 2014
Eduardo M, Manager at Miami Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Juxlmi,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Resort, it is with the constructive feedback from our guest that we intend to improve our services and accommodations. I am sorry to learn about the unfortunate information with your reservation, it is my understanding that you booked your room through a third party agency and unfortunately they failed to provide us with the proper billing information. Our staff diligently called the agency and spent a while on the phone making sure the reservation was updated accordingly so that you would not end up being responsible for the cost of the room once again. I would advise that you share your feedback with such agency so that no other traveler goes through the same experience.

I would also like to share that the Miami Beach Resort has retained the services of a very well known architect that is responsible for the upgrade and modernization of the entire property. Due to the Resort's historical significance, we have to wait until our renovation plans get approved by the City of Miami Beach's Preservation committee before we commence construction.

Thank you for staying at the Miami Beach Resort and if there is anything I can do to regain your confidence, please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail at Eduardo.Moya@MBeachResort.com.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I come to Miami Beach once a year for a business conference. This was the first year I stayed this far north on the beach. The room was large, nice, and clean. I had a pleasant stay. But what stood out is what happened late on the day I left: I realized that I had lost my credit card in the room. I called security, they searched and found my card where it had fallen in the room, and mailed it to me. So a potentially very stressful situation handled well by them.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business