“getting old Hotel”

Miami Beach Resort and Spa
Ranked #129 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This hotel has to be re-designed as it is getting old and you feel it.
For instance, you cannot open windows of your room as it is full of rust. Air conditionning in the room does not work properly. The overall ambiance is hotel from 60's.

At the check in they did not respect my resquest to have 2 beds (was with my daughter) saying we do not guarantee bedding. As I was unhappy they upgraded my room for the second and third night.

There is no restaurant outside (only a small bar where you can order salads).

The concierge is great and gave us excellent adresses.

Room Tip: Check the bedding upfront as they do not guarantee it As for a seafront room as in jan or Feb it...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Eduardo M, Manager at Miami Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear 508 Paris,

We are disappointed you did not have a good experience but appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and thoughts about our Resort. Please be aware the Miami Beach Resort has submitted a request to renovate/modernize our facilities to the City of Miami Beach's historic preservation committee. Due to the historical significance of our building to the city, these permits have taken longer than expected to be issued, however, rest assured our Resort's ownership is committed in making us the best Resort destination in Miami Beach.

Please accept my apologies for not being able to honor your request for two double beds on your night of arrival; however, I am glad to learn our staff upgraded your reservation at no additional charge as a sign of good hospitality. I am surprised you did not find our Seabreeze restaurant located outside, on our pool deck as we sever lunch there daily from 11:00 A.M. until 5:00 P.M. We will look immediately into enhancing our signage throughout our public areas to insure our guests can find the restaurant.

Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to the opportunity to regain your confidence once the future plans of renovations of our Resort have been completed.

Eduardo Moya
Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,842)

Reviewed February 24, 2014

This place had everything. Beautiful beach area, spa, nice pool. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Always ready to serve you. The rooms are really a bargain for the Miami area. The only draw back is you need to take a cab pretty much where ever you want to go if you leave the resort area. (Unless us rented a car). The beach will cost you $20 a day if you want a nice chair to sit on. (Per person). But it was worth every penny based on the fact we spent almost everyday on the beach. Love the place and would highly recommend it. The food at the restaurants is a bit pricey for what you get but it tasted great and I guess that's where they make up the cost for giving you the deal on the room prices. None of the rooms face the ocean so if you get an ocean view be prepared because it's a view out of the corner of your window.

Room Tip: Get the suite. Lots of room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 937stevev
Reviewed February 21, 2014

You name it. It really has everything: nice pool area, well-equiped gym, lots of amenities, and a selection of spa-like services. And with a nice beach on it's backyard. The staff is more than friendly. Rooms are great. Very good for hosting events, even medium to large ones. Only cons: location is only good if you rent a car and don't mind taking the road if you need anything outside the hotel, 'cause there are virtually no restaurants or shops within walking distance. But it's on a calmer side of Miami Beach, nevertheless.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Nice quiet hotel. Very good for complete relaxation. Residential area. Absolutely no attractions, no restaurants, shops, supermarkets, not even a pharmacy in the area. Bus or taxi – not a problem. Hotel has a restaurant but I would not recommend. Very weak menu, not the best quality of food, high prices. On the other hand breakfast buffet is very good.

Room Tip: Ocean view or bay view rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night only. I After travelling for 24 hours we arrived late at night, we were kept waiting and then told there was a problem with the booking and that we would have to pay again. It transpired that hotel had made the error and we were given a refund the following morning. I thought it was going to be nice after seeing the entrance and reception. How first appearances can be deceptive! Rooms although large were tired and in need of decoration. The bathroom was really old and horrible. There was an awful drain smell in some areas near the pool. I was just glad we were only staying one night. One to avoid I think!

• Stayed: January 2014
Eduardo M, Manager at Miami Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Juxlmi,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Resort, it is with the constructive feedback from our guest that we intend to improve our services and accommodations. I am sorry to learn about the unfortunate information with your reservation, it is my understanding that you booked your room through a third party agency and unfortunately they failed to provide us with the proper billing information. Our staff diligently called the agency and spent a while on the phone making sure the reservation was updated accordingly so that you would not end up being responsible for the cost of the room once again. I would advise that you share your feedback with such agency so that no other traveler goes through the same experience.

I would also like to share that the Miami Beach Resort has retained the services of a very well known architect that is responsible for the upgrade and modernization of the entire property. Due to the Resort's historical significance, we have to wait until our renovation plans get approved by the City of Miami Beach's Preservation committee before we commence construction.

Thank you for staying at the Miami Beach Resort and if there is anything I can do to regain your confidence, please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail at Eduardo.Moya@MBeachResort.com.

Eduardo Moya
Hotel Manager

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I come to Miami Beach once a year for a business conference. This was the first year I stayed this far north on the beach. The room was large, nice, and clean. I had a pleasant stay. But what stood out is what happened late on the day I left: I realized that I had lost my credit card in the room. I called security, they searched and found my card where it had fallen in the room, and mailed it to me. So a potentially very stressful situation handled well by them.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Miami Boat Show 2014. Two people in one room on the 9th floor. $295/night including the "resort fee". I realize that you pay way more during large events such as the boat show. It was all about location for us since this was literally across the street from our boats.
The outside of the hotel looked quite good and the pool area and beach bar was quite nice. Inside the rooms they are tired with old furniture, 19" tube TV, chipped paint..... It didn't feel gross though, just old.
We had brunch in the restaurant each morning and it was quite good. Dinner in the other restaurant at night was good but the menu selection was very minimal and the serving size of my black grouper was small.
Down below in the lobby and common areas it is dated but clean. It looked like Tony Montana from Scarface would pop out from behind the gold statues.
One other thing to mention. This hotel is like in the middle of a huge hotel row with no other businesses. Don't think that you are going to walk a block or two to sample various bars or restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business