“Great Experience !!”

Miami Beach Resort and Spa
Ranked #126 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I went to the hotel last week and I had an incredible time. It’s a very family friendly hotel and if you go with your friends you will also have a great time. The pool area was awesome; they gave me complementary fruits and attended all my needs. The See Breeze had very good food with reasonable prizes and the beach it’s just a few steps away. In general the whole hotel staff was great. I will recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank JoSeC1188
There are newer reviews for Miami Beach Resort and Spa

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Clean, comfortable, super staff, great beach within a few steps, great restaurants close. I have returned many times; This hotel is in a great location, and even only condos are around, the neighborhood is beautiful and the beach is amazing. Service at the front desk and by the pool is good, and the valet guys are great.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Levan2014
Reviewed February 2, 2014

we just spend 4 days at this Hotel. the staff was very nice and helpful. the Location is great, right on the beach. it is a quiet location not walking distance to shops and restaurants, we had to tAke a taxi everytime we venture out of the resort. The hotel it self is in a much need of an up date. The rooms are very dated with broken furniture, old style TV's and damage paint. At first glance our room seemed clean but we found a used pregnancy test right on the bathroom counter! we called the staff and they resolve the problem quickly and had the houskeeper at our door in mins! overall, if you don't really care about the looks and you are looking for a quiet location on the beach for reasonnable price, this hotel may just work for you.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jen3440
Reviewed February 2, 2014

After attending a work convention in the Ft.Lauderdale area, my wife and kids joined me in Miami Beach for a couple of days of family time. This hotel is in a great location, and even only condos are around, the neighborhood is beautiful and the beach is amazing. The hotel is a bit outdated, but it's maybe part of its art deco style. We basically stayed most of the time by the pool or at the beach, and went out to eat in South Beach. Service at the front desk and by the pool is good, and the valet guys are great, especially Daniel and Ceasar. They were always very helpful and greeted us warmly as we come and go. I and looking forward for more days at this hotel especially to escape from the freezing temperatures of Chicago!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

I had booked this hotel as it was close to a conference I was attending. The images promoted the hotel as a luxury spa hotel. I paid nearly $300 per night for 2 nights with an ocean view.

I arrived at the hotel at 7pm, tired, jet lagged and in need to freshen up before a business dinner at 8pm. I queued for around 10 minutes then told my room wasn't ready (check in was 3pm!). The staff was very ignorant and put me in the bar with a complimentary drink. I wasn't happy and didn't want a drink.

I asked if I could use a socket in the bar/restaurant to charge my phone as I needed to let my colleagues know I would be late for dinner. I was pointed to a socket which was hanging off the wall so my plug wouldn't fit and kept falling out.

I continuously kept asking about my room with no response. Finally at 8pm a message was sent to the bar my room was ready. I went back to reception where I was given the key by sliding across the reception top, no eye contact or apologies. I grabbed my key and headed to my room.

This is where it got worse. The room was awful, worn and tatty with off coloured bedding on a cheap mattress. The windows were metal and chipped all around and the walls were paper thin. All I could hear is screeching kids and loud TV.

It was too late to check out and do anything so I quickly showered and headed out. The shower was quick because the sound when the shower was running was unbearable - a loud grinding sound.

I thought it could get worse but when I woke after a disturbed nights sleep and pulled open the curtains I was horrified. The pool was disgusting, it had green slim at the bottom, dirt everywhere. Around the pool was black dirt it all looked unhygienic.

I checked out and found another hotel. I told them that it is the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in and I am surprised that they are allowed to trade.

If you are reviewing this hotel please do not stay you will be so disappointed

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Dawn M
Eduardo M, Manager at Miami Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Dawn M

Thank you for taking the time to review the Miami Beach Resort and sharing your experiences with us. Our management team has reviewed your critique thoroughly and we are deeply saddened by all the issues you experienced during your stay. It is the intention of every member of the staff in our Resort to do everything possible to insure our guests have a memorable experience and we are very disappointed that we failed in your particular case.

If you feel there is anything I can do to make up for your poor experience please feel free to contact me at any time. My e-mail is Eduardo.Moya@MBeachResort.com, I will do everything possible to insure you are 100% satisfied with my resolution to your concerns.

On behalf of our team of hospitality professionals, please accept our most sincere apologies for our shortcomings.

Eduardo Moya
Hotel Manager

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I am not going to say anything different than most reviews here. I travelled in Jan 2014 alone and chose this amongst the four properties that I stayed in Miami over 15 days to get flavour of all parts.
This area of Miami Beach (Mid Beach) is quiet, the private beach area is not a mess like SoBe and the hotel does have a lot of facilities which are good at this price and most other properties will not offer in SoBe. You also get a sense of space here that you will seriously miss in SoBe. But then as the reviews state the hotel is ageing. However, I was lucky to get a room that was clean and comfy and since I spent most of my time away from the hotels partying in Miami, I was happy to come back to this place to crash.
The breakfast was not included in the price but was good at 17bucks for a place like this...(you can't expect a 10$ meal in a hotel so..no complains...
Staff is courteous and I have nothing to complain there...the Internet service was a bit iffy and I didn't get a good signal up my room so just check that before you settle...

All in all, if you are looking for budget in mid beach with beach access and some private facilities like the spa etc, it's good... However, if you wish to be in the hustle bustle of the ocean dr you can chose something down south...
My advice, do a mix of both when you plan your Miami trip...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Prayag
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Went to Miami Beach Resort and Spa and was very impressed by the level of customer service from the entire staff from valet to housekeeping - Everyone was very attentive to our needs - we would especially like to single out Trey. Trey was responsible for the lounge chairs and umbrellas on the beach. He greeted us with a smile and proceeded to make our day on the beach a wonderful experience. His attention to detail and customer service enabled us to truly relax. He would check on us to make sure we were comfortable –when we commented that we were hungry he quickly brought us a menu and called the wait staff at the Sea Breeze Restaurant – We had a wonderful stay

Room Tip: Our room was direct ocean view with floor to ceiling windows - we don't know what the other room...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business