“Friendly service, but overpriced.”

Miami Beach Resort and Spa
Ranked #118 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Pataskala, Ohio
“Friendly service, but overpriced.”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The service was very professional and friendly. However, the rooms need updated and were overpriced for the condition they were in. The windows would not open, so you could not even hear the ocean from the oceanview rooms, and there were no balconies. The beds were very uncomfortable and left me and my husband's backs hurting after a night's sleep. There were hidden charges, such as charging us $15.00 per day just for using the coffee maker and wi-fi internet in the room. Then they added an 18% service charge on top of everything such as meals. Food was already over-priced. They also charged $28 per day just for parking. The pool, however, was the best part. It was a great pool.. very warm, spacious, and well kept. The gentlemen on the beach behind the hotel were very friendly and helpful. A gentleman named Trey was especially friendly and did a great job attending to our needs on the beach. As I said, everyone was very friendly and professional, but I can't say I would stay there again based on the price. Also, when we checked out, there was a $114.00 charge to a restaurant that we didn't eat at. It has been added to our credit card as a room charge to a hotel restaurant. When the girl looked it up she quickly found that it was a mistake on their part. If I hadn't looked over our bill thoroughly we would have been charged over $100 for something we didn't owe. Still... I loved Miami Beach and I thoroughly enjoyed the beach and the pool most of all.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Eduardo M, Manager at Miami Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are very appreciative and honored that you have rated our service 5 stars and recognized Trey as an outstanding employee. His response to your needs is what we expect from our employees, I am glad he made a positive impression during your stay.

We are, however, disappointed you felt our Resort has hidden fees as the "resort fee" you describe in your review is explained during the time you make your reservation and it is reviewed again at the time of check in. Also, our $28 per night parking rate is one of the lowests and by far friendliest on the beach.

The Resort fee includes the following benefits:

* Wireles internet service
* In-room coffee
* Unlimited local phone calls
* Daily fitness center access
* Daily news paper (Mon-Fri)
* Poolside daily service

Thank you once again for allowing us the privilege to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you back for any future visits to Miami.

Eduardo.Moya@MBeachResort.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I was very impressed and delighted with the uniform high quality professionalism, friendliness and helpfulness of every hotel staff member with whom I interacted, and there were many. Employees at the front desk, in the restaurants, housekeeping, parking, bellman, etc all showed the highest standards and appeared genuine. I am a clinical psychologist and my impression is that these people are likely carefully selected for their qualities before they receive what apparently is excellent training and supervision. Mark S Schwartz, Ph.D.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Kensington
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Stayed 2 nights before a cruise as a single traveler. The public spaces are still beautiful, the restaurant has good food at reasonable prices, but the rooms are a bit out of date, although not uncomfortably so. Surprisingly, shampoo, conditioner, and bath gel are provided but moisturizer is not. I had an ocean view room overlooking the large heated salt water pool. The beach is easily accessible by a short walk from the pool area, and for security access from the beach to the property is with your key card. Buses run on Collins avenue so it is easy to use public transportation to go to places like Lincoln St Mall and South Beach. Although South Beach is trendy, if you like the beach you have a much longer walk from hotels there to the beach.

Room Tip: An ocean view room is definitely worth paying a bit more.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed November 25, 2013

When I checked in, I was told that the type of room I had asked for was not available. Since I made the reservation 6 months in advance and ot was confirmed by the hotel, I find that inexcusable.
The room I had was in ned up a complete update of the furnishings and bathroom. I had a 19 inch TV (NOT a flat panel) circa 1965. The other furniture was of similar vintage.
Service was generally good with the exception of the valet parking. Upon check-in they took the car a told me to call when I needed it and it would be waiting for me by the time I got downstairs. The reality, the first time I called I waited about 20 minutes before they brought the car. The next time I waited nearly an hour. I refused to tip the attendant after the hour wait and informed him why he got no tip.The restaurant food was mediocre, at best, and VERY overpriced.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

The location of the hotel is great it is directly across the beach which is breath taking. It allows you to walk to the beach by day and walk to the clubs by night. The hotel looks very old, as do the furnishings and upkeep of it. The price is reasonable. Although average hotel stay I would go back to the same hotel on my next visit. Hope this was helpful.

• Stayed November 2013
Eduardo M, Manager at Miami Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, your comments are appreciated as we continue to strive to improve every day. I am very happy to see that you have rated our hotel services very high, our staff is very proud and thankful for the 5 star rating you gave us. We understand your comments regarding the age of the property, our ownership as well as management team are working diligently to have renovation plans approved by the city of Miami Beach.

Our team is, however, a bit surprised by the title of your review as we certainly take an inmense amount of pride in our Resort and in making sure every guest experience is memorable. We do not feel our Resort accomodations or services are anywhere near to being a "dump".

Thank you once again for being our guest and we hope to welcome you back during your next trip to Miami.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed November 21, 2013

the facility up front seems to be fine, but once in the rooms...omg, another story.
Very... very outdated (1990 TV, can't even see the #'s in the remote). There is no public parking and they literally force you to get your vehicle parked in their valet parking which is no $28.00 per day, understand that the "day" finish at 11am.
Pool truly outdated

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Eduardo M, Manager at Miami Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review and express your concerns regarding your most recent stay at the Miami Beach Resort. Please accept my most sincere apologies if our hotel was below your standards, although our building is a bit older compared to other hotels near by, we do take an inmense pride in making sure every single guest has a truly memorable experience.

Please be aware that due to the limited parking availability in the entire Miami Beach area, hotels on the beach offer valet services only. Although the Miami Beach Resort does not offer self parking, please know that our valet pricing is one of the lowest and by far friendliest on the beach.

I would also appreciate if you contact me regarding your comment about hidden fees as we strive to be very upfront with every guest regarding our services and fees that we provide/charge. My e-mail is Eduardo.Moya@MBeachResort.com

Once again please accept my most sincere apologies for our shortcomings.

New York City, New York
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I've stayed in Miami beach very often, staying at high end hotels like the Fountainbleu and I have to say that this hotel is just as good if not better. What's better? The room itself, which was spacious, well-appointed, clean and with floor to ceiling ocean views. Also,the pool and walk to the beach were lovely and uncrowded, and felt like I could sit and relax for hours (which i did).

Service was very accomodating,as we missed our first night due to an airport cancelled flight, and they let us extend our check out time so we can enjoy the pool a little bit longer.

Would highly recommend this hotel, and will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business