Miami Beach Resort and Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)
Very Good 4/5
Average 3/5
  • Beachfront
Nobu Hotel Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
  • Beachfront
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
Very Good 4/5
  • Beachfront
Soho Beach House(Miami Beach)
Hotel Pierre(Miami Beach)
  • Free Internet
3,949 results
All reviewsbit datedocean viewcollins avenuemiamidoralbartenderfontainebleau
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Reasonable Hotel on 48th Collins Ave.
Access to beach is easy and there is a good swimming pool for those who prefer to stay next to the hotel
Breakfast is the standard buffet type around $18 but that already includes a 18% service charge.
This is what this hotel seems to be all about - ie maximising the money they take off you.
Bottle of Bud - $8
$5 minimum charge for using the internet
$30for a 3 hr late check out - $60 for a 6 hr late check out.
There is also the standard valet parking charge - i didn't use it as I do not drive

Rooms are tidy but all the doors seemed to be out of alignment as every time someone shut one it sounded like a gun shot.

There is a small shop in the basement selling basics such as sun tan oil - sweets drinks etc but this didn't do it self any favours by running out of papers very early every morning. With the Hotel full due to the BCS Championship game you would have thought they would have ordered some more but this didn't seem to cross their minds.

You really need a car if using this hotel as there are no food stores or shops within 10 blocks either side of the hotel

If it wasn't for the stingy attitude of the Hotel you could really enjoy a stay here as most of the staff were friendly and helfull.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank ColinDCwmbran_Wales
Eduardo M, Manager at Miami Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Resort and sharing your experiences with us. It is very important for our team of hospitality professionals to share with you and other Trip Advisor readers that our main goal is to provide a memorable guest experience and not to make our guest feel there is no value o that we overcharge the services we provide.

Our Resort provides complimentary wireless internet in all guestrooms so if you were charged a fee for usage, please contact me immediately to insure a full refund is provided. Our $28 valet parking as well as breakfast and late check out service fees are standard fees in for hotels in the area with our rates being one of the lowest compared to other hotels in Miami Beach.

Our cleaning staff is very happy to read your comments regarding the cleanliness of the room. Our maintenance team is currently servicing all door closures to minimize the noise caused by the doors when being closed by other guests.

If you have any questions or require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail at Emoya@luxuryresorts.com

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I spent New Year's eve week which ended with BCS College Football Championship game NDame x Alabama in Miami so Hotel was pretty full for the whole week. We were concerned with reviews and long waiting for services in view of high demand from elevators to breakfast, room service or even to get our car from parking crew but everything was ok. In fact parking crew was superb and during 8 days in different times, we never waited more than 3-5 mins for our car. We used room service in 2 different nights without delays. Said so we wound't mind if room service menu had more options... For sure one needs to avoid elevator rush hours as everyone wanted to get out from 9.30 to 10.30am but we had a good stay at the end. The Hotel is not modern but is still good. Our standard room was big and with plenty of closets. The bathroom was ok and so was water pressure. Soaps, shampoos and conditioners were replaced daily. TV set was not plasma but worked fine and there is a mini bar just in case. The breakfast buffet was good and there was a coffee shop in front of the restaurant if we wanted to eat less or take something to go. In addition the Hotel has a convenience store and other shops. Beach service (chairs/ lounges or umbrellas) are paid as in any other Hotel around the area which is kind of ridiculous... Swimming pool could be bigger but is ok and is kept warm in winter (if one can call Miami at 75F winter...rsrs). As Hotel is a little smaller than others around, shadow coming from others force you to chase the sun after a certain hour of the day. Fitness facility was ok for someone looking to remain in shape during few days. The free wifi internet worked great for 5 days and then did not work for the last 3 days of our stay ( it would have been a big deal for me if I had to work... though I imagine I woud have found a solution paying some fee... ). Hotel employees were nice and tried to please our needs.The Hotel is beach front and for half of the price of others around, it is a good deal as long as you do not mind the fact it's room decorations and technology equipments (TV/ others) are not updated and make you think you are back to late 90's...rsrsrs

Room Tip: All the rooms in Hotel have some sort of view. The best rooms have full ocean view (beach front rooms) or full canal/ Miami view (Avenue front rooms), but the rooms in the lateral have partial views of both the sea and the canal. Our room was in the lateral and was ok.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ChiccoV_65
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This hotel is ok. The prices are ok.
Has seen it's best days but fine for a few nights.
The room doors are quite loud when closing. Therefore you can hear when one of the neighbors on the floor comes home.
Had a little issue when checking. My breakfast bill was 58 USD even I was just by myself and remembered having signed for about 20 USD. The girl at the front desk did not believe me and went over to the restaurant to check it out. Took her about 15 minutes and the line behind me grew from 2 people to about 20. She did not seem to care on her quest for 38 USD.
At the end the friendly waiter had to come and sort things out. I left with a smile under the dirty looks of the 20 people behind me.
All I can say... It is an ok place.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ub42
Eduardo M, Manager at Miami Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Your comments are very valuable and have been a topic of discussion with our guest services staff. Thanks to your review, we have made improvements to our check out procedures to insure that any billing questions or discrepancies are handled more efficiently by our staff. Our most sincere apologies for the noise that was caused by slamming doors, while it is not a common issue experienced by our guests, we are working diligently in finding a possible solution to that as well.

We would also like to note that the pictures posted on our website were taken in April of 2012 so they are less than a year old. As a suggestion to our Trip Advisor readers, we recommend looking at the pictures posted by other Miami Beach Resort guests posted on this site.

Thank you for your review and we sincerely hope to regain your confidence for any upcoming trips to Miami.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in early December as part of a conference group. My room was robbed while I was at the conference - thankfully, I had my laptop and valuables with me. I reported the incident to security, and they simply wouldn't follow up. No report to the police, no internal investigation with the cleaning staff (there was no sign of forced entry into the room). They did offer me a mobile phone charger to replace the one that had been stolen, but even that came from some box of mobile phone chargers that people had left behind in their rooms, which seemed odd - I thought the reason for keeping them was to return them to their rightful owners.
I've been to Florida dozens of time, but this level of indifference set a new high watermark even by Floridian standards.
So, be warned - don't leave anything in your room.
Also be warned that you'll be charged a hefty "spa fee" regardless of whether you use the spa.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Gerald P
Miamifun_9, Manager at Miami Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear guest,

Our management staff is extremely surprised about the contents of your review regarding an alleged theft. Our security staff did conduct an investigation and we can assure you that our cleaning staff did not take your phone charger. On the contrary, our Security Manager took the time to find a replacement phone charger and was able to solve the issue you reported. Our lost and found policy mirrors the Florida Inkeeper's law as we keep all lost and found items for 30 days unless they are claimed. The phone charger given to you had been in our lost and found office unclaimed for 4 months so we took the liberty to give you the charger as a courtesy.

I would also take the time to clarify that the Miami Beach Resort does not charge a Spa fee as you mentioned in your review. However, we do have a nightly $12 resort fee which includes complimentary Wi-Fi internet, daily newspaper and phone calls from your room among other benefits.

We respectfully ask our Trip Advisor readers to please disregard this review as it contains inaccurate information about our Resort. For any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at emoya@luxuryresorts.com