“Amazing Hotel”

Ranked #124 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Guernsey
“Amazing Hotel”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel looks and is amazing! Friendly staff who cannot do enough for you. The pool area is great. Rooms are great!! Great location, great seaview from our room. Great cafe which we had croissants for breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Great time! The staff was polite and helpful .We were upgraded to a bigger room with a beautiful view. The breakfast was delicious and. I strongly recommend this resort !
El servicio además para el latino excelente y tanto en los restaurantes como el servicio en el piso fue excelente, mil gracias y esperamos estar de nuevo en el hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Guillermo M
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Let me point out that all we wanted was a pool and a beach to recharge our batteries after two weeks solid travel.

Arrival: We had to lug our bags up three flights of stairs and into the main foyer - which really wasn't so bad - however a ramp or something would be helpful.

As we walked in I turned to the group and asked "are we in the right place? This is amazing!' It turned out we were and we proceeded to check in. I wish I could remember the young ladies name would checked us in as she was the sweetest and most gentle person I've spoken to. She made us all feel so warm and welcome! We were also a little early and were not sure if we'd be checked in - but sure enough, our little sweetheart madeit happen and got us (4 ppl) adjoining rooms :-)

We stayed in a partial ocean 2 x queen bed room. The views were amazing and no need to pay ocean view as u isolate our view. The rooms were very large and could host a small party!

Beds: standard doubles but extremely comfy!! My partner and I Actually took a bed each to get a really good sleep - and it worked!

Bathroom: massive space however the toilet and the door going in have a close shave, but nothing any normal person needs to worry about! There was a separate powder room and then in the main room was a shower over bath along with a toilet and large sink space. All in all, fantastic bathroom!

The hotel is dated, but there's no hiding that. I thinking it gives it character! The rooms could do with a touch up of paint, but really - how on earth does that effect anyone's stay? So not a bother to me!

Moving out of the room I would have to say the pool are and walk to the beach Are what you're there for! We spent two full days by the pool and/or ocean!

DOWN SIDE - there is a great little pool bar/cafe where you can eat and drink. To my massive disappointment, every time I used my own legs to walk to the bar (not pool side service) for a drink or even take away food - 18% gratuities were added to my bill... For what I ask?! I hated is! It made my group and I feel very uncomfortable when ordering a coke at a bar as we'd have to pay another 18% for absolutely nothing!!

The second big downer were the pool boys. Are times the sun was very hot and you need shade - I erected an umbrella that was behind me and to my shock the pool boy came And put it down and told me that if I don't want sun, I should move.

Anywho - I would certainly recommend this hotel to All types, comfy and quiet with great space to relax - despite the flaws I mentioned.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bryanmcg
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We arrived on June 28 and departed on July 2. We got there before check-in time,so we decided to go to the pool side restaurant while we waited...in less than 30 mins our room was ready!!!The ocean view room was amazing. The food was really good and the staff was friendly and helpful. Bus stops in front of the hotel. Walgreens and dunkin donuts is less than a mile away. I would recommend this resort to family and friends and we would like to return in the future!

Room Tip: Ocean View
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tania s
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We arrived on Saturday 24th September checked in receptionist very polite. We were given our room and oh my what a state!!!!! Cracked sink, broken plug sockets, peeling paint on the window frames and bathroom ceiling and finally a terrible smell of damp. We went to reception where the hotel manager for that day (female) was on the phone to a guest fobbing them off about not having any better rooms to be able to change them to, she was constantly pulling faces!!!! We had been asked to wait for the manager to finish on the phone. She upgraded us to a junior suite, at no extra cost, when we told her our problems with the room. Wow!!!! Not. Slightly bigger room with a sofa, but hey not so smelly and no cracked sink so all in all an improvement. However coffee maker next to the toilet. My view of this hotel is tired and out dated. Virgin holidays I was surprised at you rockstar holidays I think not. About time somebody from virgin reviewed this hotel!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DebnGra

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Portishead, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Recently stayed at the resort during a business trip with colleagues. The hotel has a great location on Collins and close to MIA. The staff are great, but David in the beach bar goes that extra mile to make guests feel welcome. The rooms are a little tired and desperately need refreshing, that said I would probably stay her again.

• Stayed September 2012
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2012

After booking the Courtyard Marriott for our post cruise stay we were moved to the Miami Beach Resort and Spa by Virgin Holidays 4 days before departure due to building work at our chosen hotel. It was too late to do anything about it and so we had to accept the change, and we purposely didn't look at Trip Advisor in advance.
Unfortunately I have very little good to say about our experience at this hotel.
The room although large was very tired and in need of decoration and there was no in room safe. We also encountered some unidentifable stains on our bedsheets which wasn't very pleasant.
We found the Reception staff to be unhelpful and unfriendly. I asked 4 different members of staff how to arrange a taxi to Miami Airport and on each occasion was given a different answer, once being told to ring up and order one myself.
On our last day I went to reception at 7.30 am to arrange a late checkout for 2pm that day at a cost of $30 which I had no objection to paying and it was arranged accordingly. What I did object to when I checked out was being rebuked at reception and being asked if I didn't know that it was now 2pm and checkout was at 11am.
We couldn't find any restaurants near the hotel so decided that we would eat in the hotel bistro. The menu was extremely limited, overpriced and the food horrible. After the first night we decided we would make lunch our main meal while we were out and about and just have a snack in the evening at the hotel but the salads and sandwiches were no better, I didn't think it possible that a chicken ceasar salad could be ruined but they managed it and I nearly broke my tooth trying to bite into the crust on my chicken panini. The waiting staff were disinterested, miserable and rude but when an 18% gratuity is automatically added to the bill I guess they have no incentive to provide a service. The lady serving in Poquito To Go was similarly unhappy with life and was not inclined to share with us what muffins she had for sale so we took a chance on a couple that looked like blueberry and were rewarded with success.
I thought that the 'customer was always right' but my experience at this hotel was that the 'customer was always an inconvenience'.
We will return to Miami but never to the Miami Beach Resort and Spa.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends