“Just wonderful, honest food”
Review of Las Olas Cafe

Las Olas Cafe
Ranked #69 of 1,137 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Truly a hidden gem in Miami Beach, off the main drag but close enough. A small place on the corner of 6th st. Excellent chicken, rice and beans, fish, fresh vegetables, mashed potatoes. Cuban home cooking like mom made, and the coffee is excellent, did I mention the best plantains I have ever had. No English is spoken here and there is no menu, but walk in, just point to what you want. The girls behind the counter work very hard and are friendly. You will not be disappointed. More food than you can eat and at a great price. Enjoy!

1  Thank BobL47

Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

A small restaurant located at the corner of 6th St & Euclid (1 block past Wash). No Menu offered but food can be ordered from the counter of options behind the glass. With 4 different rices to choose from and a few meats & sides, you will not be disappointed!! We ordered 2 plates to go... 1) White Rice & Black Beans with Grilled Chicken 2) Lechon (Pork) with Rice & Beans and Maduros (Sweet Plantains). Both were full of flavor and absolutely delicious!! Best value around as you are given HUGE servings. 1 plate (about $8) can easily be shared between 2 people. We also ordered a cafe con Leche and Rice Pudding - both excellent! There are a few tables inside & out and a take out window for quick pick-up. I will def be back to this Cuban hot spot in South Beach! Tip: they close at 8p and close early on Sundays (3p)

3  Thank _Tiffy_I
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Cuban coffee at it's best! You can also get some great food there. I love the walk up windows and everyone is so friendly. The only draw back is that they don't have very many seats outside which is where we like to sit. They have seating inside, but it is very close.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with this place, my daughters wanted to try Cuban food so I looked up this place. It is a small restaurant where parking was a little but of a problem but the food you got was well worth the parking headache. They gave you these huge portions for about $8, I also got the pork which was really good. I took three kids with me and we had a lot of leftovers, we actually gave them to three homeless people in Lummus Park. We were able to feed the four of us along with the three homeless people for about $45 with dessert, that is a deal for that area.

1  Thank debbie j
Reviewed April 9, 2014

If you hit up South Beach you have to check this place out. By 6th and Washington this is as authentic as it gets. Good food, good coffee, and no menus! You get a combo (one meat, 2 sides, and beans) for under $8. Also try their cuban sandwiches, and cuban coffee (iced or con de leche--soo good). It's a tight squeeze in there, but you can do takeout if you want (better eaten there IMO). Really light on the wallet--you will be surprised!

2  Thank Lilsquirrel