“Food was great!!!”

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food was great!!!”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I was hanging out in South Beach and my friend wanted to try out this spot and boy am I glad we did. The food looked awesome, there were no menus so we didn't know how or what to order. After looking stupid for a minute or two we were told to just order what we want to eat. I ordered the chicken with rice and black beans and plantains and it was delicious. Oh yeah, I had my first ever Cuban Expresso with no milk and sugar and boy was it strong.

1 Thank freddiefred1914

• Polish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Yummy but they speak limited English”
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

The food is displayed on steamer tables but we ordered grilled chicken breast which was prepared for us. It was moist & delicious. We had rice, black beans & plaintains to accompany the chicken. Everything was really good. They prepare their plaintains exactly how I like them. I also had a delicious piece of carrot cake. They speak limited English here so if you want the chicken just tell them "pollo" which means chicken.

Visited March 2014
New York City, New York
“Amazing! Love it!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I flew down to Miami for an extended weekend. I happened to be arriving at the same time as my cousin who flies down 2-4 times a year. The first thing he said to me was "I'm taking you to this cuban cafe and you're going to love it. We will eat there everyday."

I love food. I love all food but spanish food will always be one of my favorites. The location is small and always buzzing, there are no more than about 12 seats split into about 5 tables but it is enough. We arrived and my cousin ordered me a miami sandwich which was insanely delicious and the next day I ordered a cuban. They were both equally great and cheap.

They also had a full selection of food that day, 3 types of rice, chanco (Pork) vaca frita (fried beef) or chicken. They had vegetables, maduros, beans, and salad. The place is always busy and you feel right at home as soon as you walk in. The beautiful ladies behind the counter work super hard and must be tired but always smile and greet you warmly. It is a great breakfast spot or lunch/brunch. I will definitely be bringing everyone to Las Olas when I am in Miami

Toronto, Canada
“Real Miami Experience”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This was a GREAT local spot. The place looks sketchy but the food makes up for it. The bread here is top notch! My boyfriend and I stopped in for breakfast (I think they open pretty early) after playing tennis. We ordered two breakfast sandwiches with egg, cheese, and ham. They were tasty, but next time I would get it without the cheese because it was a bit much. We also got a rice pudding…amazing. They don't have a menu to look at so I just ordered what I assumed they would have but after looking at other peoples food (and it was PACKED) I would have ordered differently. I saw people had omelettes with breakfast potatoes and a side of the delicious bread. Looked amazing! Next time I will order that but it was tough to know what to order without any menu for guidance. So ask questions and hopefully the ladies will have enough time to answer. Get a cafe con leche. I don't really even drink coffee but I am still dreaming about this sweet drink.

United States
“The Best Cuban Food”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Everyone raves about Havanna 1957 & Puerto Sagua. I went to both of these restaurants and neither can compare to Las Olas. Las Olas is has more of a mom and pop neighborhood cafe feel to it & the food is more authentic. I had lechon with maduros, arroz y frijoles negros....to die for! It's really helpful to have someone in your group that speaks Spanish as Spanish is spoken almost exclusively here. In the morning their blueberry muffins & cortaditos are excellent as well. If you're in Miami you should definitely go here!

Visited March 2014