“I would stay again great location”
Review of Albion South Beach

Albion South Beach
Ranked #70 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed September 26, 2009

I started my trip by myself on a Saturday morning from Puerto Rico. Soon to meet up with my girlfriend/partner on Sunday morning. When I arrived at the front desk I was greeted my an agent name Joyamia. She was very understanding with my check in process. Once I told her that the credit card I was holding was my girlfriend and not mine she said I don't think there would be no problem. She stated, "let me talk to my manager" Mine you Maximo was the gentleman I spoke to a few nights before my arrival. She came out with a smile and said "OK lets fax over to your girlfriend a form for her to sign and then we can get you into the room. I was so pleased that I was going to be taken care of and not put out on the street. They also upgraded us to a very nice room with a big bathroom, nice size closet with two nice big queens size beds. Also when I called for ice to my room it came in less then 2 mins. We had room service everyday also to let you know it was done real quick. That was cool. I was very Happy when Sunday came in which that was the day my girlfriend flew in I put the sign out for a quick room servcie. Well guess what by the time I came back from the pool my room was done. Just to let you know how fast that service was done here it is.. I left to the pool at 9am by 10:45am my room was done already. I was glad because I wanted my girlfriend to ge the same feeling I got when I walked into the room. So just a little note, maybe those bad reviews you have been reading. They are all full of it. Ask then this one question. The service you sometimes ask for do you get it at home from strangers NO! So Stop being so mean with other homes away from home. But one thing for sure you are near everything you need that's for sure.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PuertoRicoKayakGal
There are newer reviews for Albion South Beach

Reviewed September 5, 2009

Went to Miami for a girls trip and stayed at this hotel. It was a decent price and we enjoyed it. Pool was never crowded. Staff was friendly. It's not right on Collins but we were watching our wallets so this worked. We didn't actually spend a lot of time at the hotel as we were out and about, at the beach, etc. This is a good hotel if you aren't planning on spending a lot of time at your hotel but want a nice place to crash as it didn't have a ton of ammenties like other hot hotels in SB.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2009

The hotel was ideal for our trip with the beach two blocks away, and plenty of shops within walking distance. The pool was nice and clean. The breakfast (not included) was good and served by very friendly staff. Among the receptionists we had different experieces. Some oft them were polite, but cool, strict and withdrawn. Others were more like the restaurant staff: very open warm and extremely helpful. The WiFi didnn't work to well but there was one computer set up for guests.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2009

The service in the hotel is pleasant enough, although take care with the woman of the restaurant that's sometimes rude. Also take care with the freckled blond woman of the concierge desk that's sometimes rude.
I'm sorry but I don't know their names so I'm trying to describe the person.
In the restaurant I think people are from Argentina what is a good signal of good food, and I recomend it, cause american food is very heavy.
The room is clean, NO roaches or bugs.
The right choice of white to bedspread, bed sheet, walls, bathroom parts makes it easy to check cleanness.
The bathroom is clean but got a damned curtain that can drain the water to the floor and flood the bathroom.
Air conditioner works fine in the room and everywhere inside the hotel.
The location is excellent to go to the beach, shop, etc.
The nightlife in Lincoln Road is very good, but try Miami Ave/sw6th street in Miami city.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2009

This is an old hotel that has had an extreme makeover and now quite hip without being too posh either. Beautiful lobby and bar. The pool out back is elevated and there are portholes along one side of the pool. It's a true art-deco look and feel. We were booked in one of their lower priced small rooms, which are extremely small. If you're looking for an inexpensive, clean, hip hotel and a very convenient location, then this is it. Two blocks away from the beach, and two blocks away from all the action on Lincoln road mall where all the restaurants and night clubs are at. Parking lot across the street runs around $20 a day. Concierge can give you recommendations of where to go for diiner, nightlife, etc.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2009

We stayed at Albion from 06/20/09-06/24/09 and we thought it was great. The staff was polite, room was clean and the location was perfect! So close to the beach and to Lincoln Road. Definitely will stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2009

the internet price was reasonable £225 for 4 nights and the service is very good, staff are very friendly and helpful and genuinely look surprised and modest when you tip them (which is rare in south beach), nice people (except for one guy, will explain later). So the pool is alright, not great but nice quiet area to relax. It has a gym but this is really more like a gym / sauna in one which I've never come across before and can't say really works (I'm sure they didn't intend it to be that way, the air conditioning in there isn't very effective).

room is fine, just run of the mill but clean. we had a fault with the tap on first night but they fixed it within minutes so no complaints.

Now, we WOULD have stayed for a further 7 nights coz the experience was ok until...we met this young bloke when getting into the lift one day. Unfortunately I do not know his name as I have since found out that he uses false aliases through business cards he acquired from the hotel. This man found us at the Albion but the Albion have assured me he does not work for them. However, please be aware he could and probably does operate at any of the hotels in South Beach.

This guy ask us if we are going clubbing, we reply yes (we'd just been planning that very thing), he tells us he works in the local night clubs and is at the hotel for a meeting and has some great deals. He offered us free entry, free drinks all night every night for 5 nights in 5 different clubs, all for a very impressive $250. I then ask for his business card, he then gulps and gives me one with the name and the address of this hotel on it (thought he said we works for the night clubs? hmm. actually think he even said 'my' club at one point…but as I mentioned the business card he gave us was NOT his) On returning to our room, and to do that with this guy on what he thinks is a lead was like trying to shake wet sand off your feet, I realise the name on the business card is the same name as the hotel 'revenue manager'. We then became confused because at this point we didn’t know he was lying about who he was. We had been telephoned a few days earlier by what we now presume the true hotel revenue manager quoting us $800 for our remaining 7 nights in miami beach which works out around £20 per night more than our original price (but internet booking is nearly always cheaper). However, because of the meeting with the chap at the lift, at this point we simply suspected the hotel were trying to con us, simple as that. Following night I find out they give out these deals he offered on the back of complimentary cards everywhere, the guy at reception just handed us two with no questions. They give you ONE free drink if used before midnight and priority admission, not free. This guy is a scammer, not a very good but people, be warned, I'm SURE others fall for him, so please, don't let him pressure you and don't commit to anything until you've asked around.

My message to Albion, unfortunately our little friend cost you our custom for the next 7 nights, we popped down the road to the Haddon Hall for $500 for 7 nights (please read my review for there, a different story again, better this time tho). Although we really liked the staff at the Albion, our encounter with him caused us to lose faith in the hotel, a real shame which I am annoyed with him over and I’m sure you too. Good luck in catching him.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple