“thank u rodrigo”

Beach Paradise Hotel
Ranked #198 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Went with cousin and friends for weekend get away...hotel is ok but had some issues with our room they gave us..."the accountant" gave us a lil of a tough time but my main man Rodrigo who rocks assisted us tremendous...talk to Rodrigo very accommodating...all said and done stay was good and we thank them.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 5, 2011

My boyfriend & I stayed here for Ultra Music Festival weekend. We stayed in room 205. Room was clean. Music literally blared until 8am. Don't know if it was b/c of the particular weekend or what, but I'm pretty sure that will always happen. We ONLY got some sleep b/c I had brought a sleep machine with me that sort of drowned out the techno that was going on all night. I highly recommend this if staying here, because you also hear people talking/traffic sounds all night too. If it had been my parents staying here they would have moved locations, but since we are 21 years old & on a budget, the place was fine. Like another review says, we only had scorching hot water in our sink, until the last day of course when we were checking out. The shower didn't have a shower curtain, but it's supposed to be that way, sort of a "sexy" type of shower or something? There was a door to close to the shower though. And the last morning (we stayed 3 nights) the a/c had been cut off and I called the front desk and he turned it back on with a flip of a switch, but I was still frustrated that it happened so easily. SO, if you aren't going to use this room for anything but sleep, it will be great...if you can afford to possibly lose a/c randomly during the night. My review sounds really negative because all of those things are bad, but despite those things my stay was fine. The front desk was friendly, and let us check out at 12:30 instead of 12 for no extra charge. Another reviews says "the stairs are dirty when you walk in the hotel". This is true, but they look like what you expect for this type of place. They aren't unacceptable, just kind of a laid back place. The doors are always propped open into the lobby. It's almost like an outside lobby because all of the doors and windows were open. We didn't have a car so I'm not sure how the parking situation goes. Location was awesome..there was a deli right down the street that stayed open until like 4am, and a TGI fridays that was open late too. 24 hour Walgreens. Right across from the beach, and hundreds of other restaurants within walking distance. So if you're there to party, this is the place for you..but if you aren't, beware that music might literally be blasting until 8am.

Room Tip: Farthest from restaurant that plays music
Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kcdavis2
Reviewed April 2, 2011

I'll be honest, the room we got wasn't the nicest. There was water damage on the walls and it looks like the ceiling was drooping in some spots. All I wanted was a place without bugs to sleep in. There were no bugs and the hotel was in a perfect location. The walls are thin and we did have people screaming in the halls when they got back form partying at 5am which no one seemed to stop them from continuing the party in the halls. Good for a 2 night stay but I would not want to be here for a week.

Reviewed March 23, 2011

This is what I am always looking for as a twenty something that is just looking for someplace decent to sleep and shower when traveling. The service was really great, and they were very flexible at the front desk which is also very much appreciated by me- especially when I'm on vacation, I don't want to be stressed about check-in, check-out times.

You pay for what you get. They have made an effort to paint the rooms pleasant colors and update the furniture so you don't feel like you're in your grandma's guestroom.

AC is adjustable just by opening and closing the vent.

There is noise from people on the street, but you're on Ocean Drive. It did not disturb my sleep too terribly and I was there on Spring Break weekend!

Both me and my boyfriend were pleased. We had a very nice time. I was worried about the mixed review that I read- but you just have to know that you're not staying at a 5 star hotel. The important things were great, and that's all I cared about.

Reviewed March 20, 2011

The staff on the front desk were the best thing about this hotel - friendly and genuinely good guys.

The hotel and the room in particular though were absolutely filthy. Even the stairs going up to the 2nd floor were covered in dust and dirt. Our non-smoking room really smelled of smoke, and the place in general looked grimy. There was mould around the bath, and a couple of suspect stains on the floor. The bed was uncomfortable, but by far the worst thing was that our pillows smelled disgusting - of smoke and I don't even know what else. I couldn't sleep at all due to the smell - even though I put my beach towel over my pillow, it was still awful. I also felt very itchy, but I couldn't be sure if it was bed bugs or just a psychological reaction due to how horrible the room was.

The hotel is situated very near the beach in a busy and noisy area, and there were loads of young people at the hotel on Spring Break, so I guess it was ideal for them, but not for us.

Reviewed March 14, 2011

Searching for a hotel has always been a nightmare for me. I literally read every review and make sure the hotel is decent for the price I am paying. I had to book a quick trip to Miami FL, I had an Medical School Interview. After searching for a hotel for days, a decided to go with Beach Paradise Hotel. I know there was mixed reviews, but I wanted to give it the benefit of doubt, and book it anyway because of its location. The hotel sits right on ocean drive, I pretty much just wanted to be close to the beach the two days I was going to be there. SO we got there Sunday night; There was no Parking in the parking lot. ( if you can even call that a parking lot) We had to park in a garage a few blocks away, 20 dollars a day! So 40 $ for two days on top of the 267 for two nights that I paid ( I booked through Hotels.com) Then we finally checked in to our room, the hotel looks like a place from the 70's.... Everything was outdated. The elavator did not work, thank goodness it was only 3 floors. Our room was horrible, it was literally the worst room ever. The tv was on a ceiling couldnt even watch tv sitting on the bed. The hot water was the only thing running from the sink, so i couldnt even wash my hands without being burnt to death. The air conditioner was so loud I couldnt even sleep at night and I was not happy about this because I had an interview the next day at 8 am and i had no sleep at all. The bed was uncomfortable. The noise from the streets were terrible, The walls of this hotel are very thin, so you can hear everything thats going on on your floor as well as outside. SO The only thing that was good about this hotel was that it was literally right across the street from the ocean and it was close to alot of good restaurants and shops. If you are just going to party with your friends on south beach and not be inside the hotel sleeping than it would be a cheap place to leave your belongings, but if you are on a business trip and trying to get a goodnights rest I would not recommend this hotel to you. No internet service, so do not bring your laptop. I would decribe this hotel as a party house after the club...The loud music coming from the rooms never stops..

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Just got back from my trip to Miami. I decided to stay at the Beach Paradise based on the price. All I have to say was this hotel was great! Its is in a great location with lots of shops, bars and restaurants.
I had no noise complaints like some of the other reviews.
The rooms serve its purpose and they are clean. I stayed in a room with one bed so I am not quite sure the size of the other rooms.
I have no complaints about this hotel and I would def stay here next time I go back to South beach!!!