I'm a fan of Ritz properties but will have to agree with others that this one falls a little short. We choose it over Loews (next door) simply due to the brand. I don't mind paying serious money for their accommodations but this time I left feeling like I didn't get my money's worth. It's hard to put your finger on it as it often comes down to a series of little events that seem insignificant (and whiny if you complain) but ultimately add up to disappointment. Examples:
- We arrived on a late flight. No bellman. No doorman. No luggage assistance. Just one girl at the desk who offered to "find someone if we really needed help."
- No available chairs at the pool. I was offered a wait list or "you might walk down to the beach hut and see if you have better luck." They can't help that they're packed but you would think the pool and beach would communicate so they know how to accommodate the guests.
- $17 frozen margarita (no salt) arrived with salt, partially melted and tasted like incredibly cheap liquor. Again, I don't mind paying $17 for a frozen drink but I'd like to enjoy it.
- An incredibly limited poolside menu that didn't accommodate kids although they bill themselves as family friendly and they certainly had tons of guests with children. Also, never really had a stellar meal there.
- No assistance with booking beach activities and the beach (no fault of the hotel) really isn't impressive on this stretch. Tons of seaweed and litter.
- Expensive and unreliable Wi-Fi. It's almost an insult to pay for it when it's free at a Hilton!
The rooms were nice, beds were plush and Concierge was very helpful but overall I can't see staying here again. If you've never been to a Ritz, you may be impressed but if you frequent this brand you can see where they're missing the mark.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotwire, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Ritz Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Ritz-Carlton