“Very good but...”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Garden City, New York, United States
“Very good but...”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

What do you say when a hotel does so many things well- doormen, room, view, breakfast, service staff yet...
Here is the problem- on a not very busy day, with fairly low occupancy, no less then 5 staff members knocked on my door between 10AM and 11:30- all asking when i expected to vacate the room. Not the best way to leave a positive feeling. But compounding an error, when I sought to mention my experience , there was no one available - not the Front Desk manager, not the Asst GM, no one. The Front desk staff didn't think to ask me why or what it was about, another shortfall... and even though I left a phone number, i never heard from anyone.

Room Tip: Obviously facing east and higher the better
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Ritz Carlton is one of my favorite hotels of all time!! The rooms are absolutely gorgeous and the staff is very friendly and always smiling :) The Ritz Carlton in South Beach is my favorite. The highlight of this particular hotel is the location. Its next to the beach and really close to the Lincoln Road Mall

• Stayed September 2013
Park City, Utah
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The Ritz Carlton management should do a extensive revamp with regards to the hotel in South Beach. Aside from the location and I mean only the location the hotel is sub par by almost any standard. The service is non existent and incompetent in all areas. They do smile quite but not much else. Every thing in the hotel is dated. The decor and especially the technology needs an update. They had to break into my room to let me in!!!! Took over an hour and was like watching a three stooges episode.

With so many choices on South Beach . I urge to choose ANY other.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank DeerValley55
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Excellent by all means.
Good service and guidance were always available, fully bilingual staff, facilities are beautiful and comfortable.
Located close to the beach, walking distance from Ocean Drive and restaurants.
Personal Thoughts:
We all learn to know our children and understand their feelings towards their world, everything is a discovery:
During check in, our two years old daughter was running at the lobby and an employee surprised her with a gift, a duck.
She looked first for our approval and then accepted the toy, then she walked and explored the lobby, elevator and commented about the smell and colors....in her own words.
When entering our room, she yelled out: HOLAA CASAA.......(it took us by surprise).....at her crib she found a teddy bear that we named: Ritzy..
Next morning, at breakfast; a cup of fruits was serve to her and another tinny toy (an octopus) was given to her...after some time by the pool and going back to the room, once again she said "HOLA CASAA"..

Most important to us was the excellent service,....the highlight was that every time we arrived to our room my baby daughter was yelling out: "HOLA CASA".....it is one of those moments in life that we will forever treasure, she felt at home and her happiness was worth the time at the Ritz.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank YuriCorrales2013
georgia
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Ritz Carlton hotel provides the perfect back drop for south beach. The hotel is directly on the beach and you are only 1 block from experiencing the international flava of Miami. Lincoln road is truly the heart beat of south beach and is full of shops, sights, and dining.

The Ritz Carlton just finished undergoing an interior renovation and the décor is reflective of the style and culture of Miami. Kudo's to the Ritz for investing in the property. We stayed on the Club Level and as always the Ladies and Gentlemen of the Ritz exceeded our expectation.

Riddle me this. What is large, white, comfortable, genuine, and delicious? The Ritz-Carlton South Beach.

Enjoy:-)

Room Tip: Book a room on the club level. You will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Petaluma, California
Reviewed September 23, 2013

En route on a trip to Spain my colleague and I booked our trip a few days earlier to enjoy some time in Miami and found a great deal at the Ritz. I honestly have to say that for $175/night the room we got what we paid for but not a penny more. I have come to expect more from the Ritz and this hotel does not meet it's standards for the hotel rooms. Our room was OK but some of the outlets did not work and our bathtub did not drain which meant a call to the maintenance team. Most of the service staff was EXTREMELY friendly and offered bottled water at every turn.
I would probably not stay here again unless major hotel renovations took place or the rate went down.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is a most do when on vacation or just out. I have to say it was such much better than what I thought since I didn't stay at their hote, but I enjoyed every minute of it. I had a full body massage and it was heaven after walking for hours on the beach. Can't wait to go there and actually stayed at the hotel. We actually went to the pool and the beach and may I say that was full pampering. There is a cost associated with all that but worth every single penney when I can sit and just get serviced right there without having to lift a finger that's what pampering and relaxing is all about. Ohh Yeah!~ I loved It!

1 Thank 939jennyc