“Ritz-Carlton South Beach” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Barcelona, Spain
“Ritz-Carlton South Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed at the Ritz-Carlton South Beach due to a conference and the experience was excellent. Friendly staff, great room, good breakfast, pool and gym. A good choice for those who enjoy comfort and luxury.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Neenah, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here for 4 days the end of January. Staff is extremely friendly and goes out of their way to be of assistance. Angie, the children's director, is so good and bilingual; she played with our grand daughter(Sophie) in the pool as well as other kids. The Beauty Salon is the best. The gals not only cut her hair, but put on sprinkles, and painted all 20 of her nails. Sophie thought she was the princess.
I loved having the guys open the door every time I went in or out.
This is great location for walking on the beach and on Lincoln Rd.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Ritz during Feb and had a few small issues but overall a good stay. Called ahead to request early check-in but unfortunately room was not ready... no big deal however I overheard the front desk person next to me offering another guest a coupon for 20% off lunch in any of the hotel's restaurants or half off a massage while waiting for room to be ready. When I realized that our attendant was not planning to offer us the coupon I quickly asked about it and she provided it. Note to potential future guests: make sure you ask!
The hotel itself is not gorgeous from the outside but is well appointed inside with very friendly staff. Also, the location can't be beat; central to everything in South Beach.
The pool is very nice although pretty cold on our first day. Pool service is very good albeit expensive but that's pretty par for the course in Sobe. $17 mojitos are common. Valet parking is also very expensive and Wifi is extra which I find ridiculous at a hotel charging $450+ per night. Also FYI, the hotel adds an automatic 18% gratuity to everything. Pretty standard tip but helpful to be be aware so that you don't just automatically add another 20% on top of that.
The spa was nice although they seem to be understaffed. I got a massage my first day which was nice but I tried requesting a pedicure and was told they only had 15 min. Since I really needed the service I agreed assuming that the cost would be reduced... apparently not... paid $65 for the quickest pedicure of my life. Next day I tried to book a blowout in the morning and they were booked for the entire day.
Overall though we had a nice stay. The staff is friendly and eager to please and the overall vibe of the hotel is upscale without being pretentious. Would recommend it to future visitors, just make sure to bring your wallet.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Before I booked the Ritz, I used TA to see the reviews for hotels in South Beach. I was a little hesitant to book the ritz because of some of the bad reviews it received, however other hotels also had bad reviews. I decided to book the Ritz as we have always stayed with them. Everything was fantastic as expected. Our room was spacious and clean, the lobby was inviting and the staff were extremely attentive. I'm not sure why people are writing bad reviews, I'm just glad we booked the Ritz!

• Stayed February 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed at the Ritz Feb 2013. Wonderful time. The accomodations were perfect. The staff was very accomodating. Had a beautiful view of the pool and the ocean. I have never been to a resort with such a large pool. I was exhausted after one lap!! The area around the pool was very spacious. They had plenty of lounge chairs. Dia and Emily were wonderful waitress making sure we had what we needed. The beach was beautiful. There to the staff was always looking out for your needs. Everything you need is in walking distance. You don't need to rent a car.
Would recommend this and will return there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Brasília
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Last weekend I spent 5 nights at Ritz Carlton South Beach and it was at least the third time I went to this hotel. The location is perfect and service is always pleasant. However, this time, even paying more than U$ 600 per night, I was placed in a very small room for 5 stars hotel standard, and to get really worse, there was NO sockets in the bathroom and in the room there was only 3 in the working desk. It´s known that these days, we have cell phones, Ipads, cameras, and so many other stuffs that need charge, so we need sockets, and how do we shave ou dry our hair without sockets at the bathroom? I NEVER stayed in a hotel that I couldn´t find a socket in the bathroom. Unbelievable for a Ritz Carlton. The size of the room was a problem too, because when I choose Ritz Carlton is to have a big room, otherwise I would choose Delano ou the new SLS hotel that have are boutique hotels with small rooms but really nice public areas. Even liking location and position I would consider my stay in Ritz in the next trip, because this hotel room must be closed and not given to anyone. Other things: the iron and the phone in the working desk were not working and I had to ask for changing them. Really disappointed.....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Miriam M
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband & I spent 4 nights at Ritz in South Beach at the beginning of February. We specifically picked Ritz for the supposedly excellent Customer Service.

It was a total disaster.

After waiting 20 minutes at the front desk, we were told that the room we booked (ocean view, high floor, balcony, king bed) was not available. So we ended up in a double for the first night, another 20 minutes wait to get our luggage brought to our room. The following day, we were offered a room with a king bed on a low floor which we accepted (no compensation was offered, not even a breakfast or a drink at the bar...terrible crisis management!). The room was awfully noisy: I could hear the neighbor snores & speaks...that says it all! It was impossible to take a nap in the afternoon (even with earplugs) to compensate for the lack of sleep at night as the music played at the pool was so loud. Staff at the hotel was really whatever. I put 2 stars rather than 1 as the staff at the beach was great. Bottom line, we have never been more disappointed by a luxury hotel. We will definitely never go back to Ritz at South Beach or elsewhere.

Room Tip: High floor / ocean view.